PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I find your lack of 'defensive touchdowns' disturbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
This is something that has been bugging me about this team for a while. I finally decided it needs its own thread.

The Patriots have not scored a defensive TD in nearly 3 years (including playoffs games). The Last defensive TD was score by Jamie Collins on 12-27-15.

To put this in perspective, only three teams didn't score a defensive TD in 2017 including the Patriots... The Jets, Raiders and Steelers. All of whom scored at least 1 defensive TD both this year and in the 2016 season.

This, simple put, is HORRIBLE. While taking an int or fumble down inside the red zone is nice you want your D to finish the job. The fact they haven't been able to do it when even the basement of the league routinely stumbles into these plays year in and year out is a problem.

I am tired of the D not getting the job done on turnovers. I want a defensive TD and I want it now. There is no excuse for this to go on any longer. While I haven't done the research, I think it might be fair to say this may well be the longest streak of not getting a defensive TD in the modern NFL history.

Nearly 3 seasons worth of games have passed without a defensive TD. There is no excuse. Tonight is the night to make it happen.

Last edited:
This is something that has been bugging me about this team for a while. I finally decided it needs its own thread.

The Patriots have not scored a defensive TD in nearly 3 years (including playoffs games). The Last defensive TD was score by Jamie Collins on 12-27-15.

To put this in perspective, only three teams didn't score a defensive TD in 2017 including the Patriots... The Jets, Raiders and Steelers. All of whom scored at least 1 defensive TD both this year and in the 2016 season.

This, simple put, is HORRIBLE. While taking an int or fumble down inside the red zone is nice you want your D to finish the job. The fact they haven't been able to do it when even the basement of the league routinely stumbles into these plays year in and year out is a problem.

I am tired of the D not getting the job down on turnovers. I want a defensive TD and I want it now. There is no excuse for this to go on any longer. While I haven't done the research, I think it might be fair to say this may well be the longest streak of not getting a defensive TD in the modern NFL history.

Nearly 3 seasons worth of games have passed without a defensive TD. There is no excuse. Tonight is the night to make it happen.

Nice post but you're going to be disappointed.:D The Pats are just not that talented on D. And the last player who did it Jamie Collins sucks according to most around here.

Our corners are never in a position to jump a short pass. I've noticed this years ago and accepted that was how things were going to be under Matty P. He is gone but the defense isn't that different.

ask.jpg

There it is. After getting robbed twice by Browner penalties 4 years ago, Devin gets his first defensive touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft