SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Redskins
Thu
Aug 9th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Pats Like Leaders
Malcolm Mitchell has been among quite a few players in recent years the Patriots have targeted who were leaders on their respective teams

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

I Could Use Your Thoughts and Prayers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsBoy12, Oct 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Don Eladio esta muerta. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,874
    Very nice. How long do you plan to stay over there? I can ask my friend for advice on where you need to bounce around to.

2. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,699
    Celtics are rolling right now if anyone needs a distraction in their life right now. 3 back from 1 seed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pats1989

Pats1989 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,728
    And old coworker will be taking me in. Perth I believe is the city. Not well known I suppose.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Wordsmyth

Wordsmyth 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,633
    Good news.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SEA_Pat

SEA_Pat Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,099
    Haven't checked in here for a while, really glad to see everyone's still around and still trying hard.

My struggles seem quite trivial compared to what many here are going through and have overcome, and I'm amazed by the strength many have shown in doing so. I'm of course also appreciative of the many good people who have provided support and cognizant of Ian and others who have become much more directly involved. You people are awesome.

Just like to share that even though I quite regularly go through periods where business looks terrible and we're heading for bankruptcy, it's gotten to where after almost 20 years where it no longer really even bothers me because you just reach a point of acceptance after a while. It kind of becomes an omnipresent malevolence that's always around but which you no longer are afraid of even though you know it's bad and can cause you a lot of pain. I've both learned that even when it looks real bad, often that's just a sign that it's bottomed out and about to go on the upswing. I've also learned that when you let people know that things are getting tough, many people will reach out and make a few calls, and before you know it someone has come up with something that they direct your way and you hang on and survive to fight another day and that's because of the personal relationships you've formed, the good in the past you've done to others and the "brand" you've built which people respect and want to not go away. I hate the paralysis that money brings to my life, as when you're running your own business and you're so close to the line so often, it becomes a distraction that keeps you from doing what you want to do or need to be done, and prevents you from focusing on what you need to do to actually pull your business out of the doldrums and move forward.

I think this is in many ways allegorical to the way we are with our own personal business. Big structural problems overwhelm us and distract us to the point of avoiding the good things and positive things that are still around us. And because we can't get away from the Big Problem, we don't take the steps outside of it that would put us in a position to deal with it. It takes enormous strength and courage to do so and you need outside support to make it work. I think it's tremendous that so many of those with troubles have taken it online to get the support they need and are continuing to work through the issues.

Keep fighting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +61
    Keep on fighting. As thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,699
    Hope everyone is hanging in there okay.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Wordsmyth

Ratings:
    +2,633
    Could use some good thoughts and prayers. Anxiety is spiking, so bad i want to punch some work a hole dbags in the throat.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Crazy Patriot Guy

Crazy Patriot Guy 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,374
    You got it. Hang in there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wordsmyth

Ratings:
    +2,633
    Thanks a mil. Homicidal impulses diminishing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. oldrover

oldrover "You're gonna have to serve somebody..." PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,233
    Man... I just rediscovered this thread. My prayers are with all you guys... my PatsFans brethren. And sistren.

This was a recent Gospel reading in church (not trying to get religious... it just kind of speaks to much of the angst on the thread. And it's good philosophy. I found it helpful in calming my worries. Back in those days, of course, people's worries were a little more material, but the effect of that worry was just as damaging. )

25 ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

26 Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?

28 And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you?
    _____

34 ‘So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Amen to that.

[​IMG]

And amen again.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wordsmyth

Ratings:
    +2,633
    Prayers coveted. In short, life has gone to dung.

13. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,677
    Hi All. I am back but with a bit of hard news. My cat is very ill. I have been in and out of the vet's office for three days now. They finally figured out the cause, which is he swallowed something foreign. He needs immediate surgery, which we want to do later today. However, they won't go near him or even admit him into the hospital without at least 50 percent of the total they're looking for. I just don't have it. They feel they can save him, but I need help. I started a go fund me, but I don't want to post the link here. If anyone would like to help, please PM me and I can send the link.

I don't know what else to do but reach out. And it's only because I'm extremely desperate. I would not impose on any of you otherwise. He's been my biggest companion through the very depression that made me start up this whole thing. I don't want to lose him. I know some may not understand my attachment to an animal, but some of you I'm sure are pet owners and understand. He has literally not eaten or taken any water in three days. He is surviving on IV's and even those are getting costly. I could really use some help. I have proof of everything I'm saying, including the bills. I would not come here and ask unless it's real and dire, and it's both. The mass has not caused a complete blockage, but the surgeon wants it out immediately. Please help me. I'm begging.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wordsmyth

Ratings:
    +2,633
  15. PatsBoy12

Ratings:
    +7,677
    Hi again, they want to begin the surgery today and we are awaiting the surgeon on call. Money is the issue. Just sending out another plea. I know what a slippery slope this is, but I'm desperate. Thanks to those who have already pledged. Thank you so much.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  16. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,931
    Know what that's like. Hang in there. Remember, your mind is just playing tricks on you. The a-holes at work at just here to challenge you to grow past them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. betterthanthealternative

Ratings:
    +4,931
    Hey, where do you live? There are low cost, even free, emergency vet services in nearly every large community. My wife works in that sector and I might be able to link you with some people who can help. Let me know. I'll watch for PM if that's your preference.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wordsmyth

Ratings:
    +2,633
    Thanks much, Better. I'm spending the weekend at my dad's. Gaining peace and perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  19. betterthanthealternative

Ratings:
    +4,931
    Hey gang, just FYI, I made a donation to the PatsBoy12 effort to save his cat, and encourage others to do the same. Gofundme can be about momentum, as a lot of small donations will cause it to get more visibility in general. Cat lovers can be pretty giving when they are given the opportunity. I think we've all been in a tough place before and have appreciated instinctive generosity. So please consider it.

Also, he lives in the Miami area so let's show those Dolphins fans what a real fanbase is about.

The link: Click here to support Scooby's Surgery Fund by John Webber

BTTA

• Like Like x 1
  20. PatsBoy12

Ratings:
    +7,677
    Just an update: They found fluid in his lungs and cannot move forward with any procedure until they see if his body starts to rid itself of the fluid. He cannot even endure drainage because he stopped breathing when he was under anesthesia. Please help me if you can. I beg of you.