PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I always knew mannequins would work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Que the poster that sticks up for Richards claiming he's had a good career because he signed a one year deal with the Ravens.

Que the poster that sticks up for Richards claiming he's had a good career because he signed a one year deal with the Ravens.

That would be a good conversation

I don’t think anyone’s falling on that grenade.

Hmmmm, so we have football games in which........

1.) Seats are filled by mannequins
2.) And the Falcons management shares their 'crowd noise pumping' tracks with the rest of the league and the games will feel 'somewhat normal'

People stick up for Harry, and he was a 1st rounder.

If sticking up for someone means not rushing to judgment on a player who’s played 1/2 a season to Richards 6 seasons then I guess I’m sticking up for him.

If sticking up for someone means not rushing to judgment on a player who’s played 1/2 a season to Richards 6 seasons then I guess I’m sticking up for him.

Richards was an awful player. Harry is an awful player. Harry was taken in the 1st, and should therefore take over as the reference point for all terrible BB draft picks.

How has N'keal Harry not replaced Richards as the go-to for horrible draft pick references?

Richards was an awful player. Harry is an awful player. Harry was taken in the 1st, and should therefore take over as the reference point for all terrible BB draft picks.
He's certainly on his way to that.

Harry didn’t cost us a Super Bowl in which there were 505 passing yards. That’s why I still bag on richards

Harry didn’t cost us a Super Bowl in which there were 505 passing yards. That’s why I still bag on richards

Sure, but one could also say we got to that Superbowl while our 1st round WR was inept in a first round playoff loss. Harry will replace Richards as the horrendous draft pick reference. Give him time.

Also, check out the NESN article that contains some clips of his offseason work. It won't give you confidence. It appears the guy has somehow gotten less sudden. He's really taking the lumbering approach to line releases to the next level.

Sure, but one could also say we got to that Superbowl while our 1st round WR was inept in a first round playoff loss. Harry will replace Richards as the horrendous draft pick reference. Give him time.

Also, check out the NESN article that contains some clips of his offseason work. It won't give you confidence. It appears the guy has somehow gotten less sudden. He's really taking the lumbering approach to line releases to the next level.
Hey, not to give you a hard time or anything, but I think all of us are aware that you definitely hate most of the receivers (hopefully not including Edelman) and are expecting the worst. I know this because you've said it a lot. Like, a lot.

I don't mind you saying it, but it would sort of be nice if you didn't repeat it, over and over again. We get it, you think Harry is a bust and you're not a fan of Sanu. I disagree with you on the first but you and I are at least on the same page on the latter. However, that doesn't mean I would spend all my time between now through the end of August telling everyone over and over again how little confidence I have in him. That's counter productive and I'd prefer not to annoy people.

Instead, I'll try and at least be happy with the fact his addition took some of the pressure off of Edelman in the punt return game and I'm hopeful he'll be serviceable in the passing game. Although I certainly wish they could have used his 2nd round pick on another player. But if he goes out and has a good season, then it's essentially a bonus considering our low expectations and I certainly won't root for him to stink for the sake of being right. I'm fine with being wrong...it's O.K. Won't be the first and it certainly won't be the last ;)

So try and help me out, please :cool:

How has N'keal Harry not replaced Richards as the go-to for horrible draft pick references?

I’m not convinced that he’s a bust. There’s not enough snaps to tell. He might be or might not be but we won’t know till like 200 snaps

I’m not convinced that he’s a bust. There’s not enough snaps to tell. He might be or might not be but we won’t know till like 200 snaps

What kind of production would Harry need to not be considered a bust as the 32nd player in the draft?

Do you honestly see him getting anywhere close to that with his skillset?

With hopefully better QB play and also an actual run game threat let’s see what he’s got this year. I’m not writing the guy off yet.

What kind of production would Harry need to not be considered a bust as the 32nd player in the draft?

Do you honestly see him getting anywhere close to that with his skillset?

I’d expect something like 700 yards and ten touchdowns or so a year. If he got close to that, I’d have a way better argument but as of now, actually, no, I don’t see him getting anywhere near that but I hope he does

With hopefully better QB play and also an actual run game threat let’s see what he’s got this year. I’m not writing the guy off yet.

You'll only write him off if we don't have better QB play this year. harry won't be hear long if that is the requirememt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes