PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
We (Patsfans.com posters) don't know how "we" (the Patriots) actually value JAG.

I concur. But I think my estimates are bearing a much closer view of the Patriots thoughts of his value. Else he would have been traded for a second round pick, already.

Here's my 5 step plan:

1) Trade Butler and a 2nd to Houston for Hopkins

2) Trade Jimmy G to Cleveland for the #1 this year, a #2 this year and one #3 next year

3) Re-sign Hightower

4) Draft Garrett at #1

5) Draft a CB in the second

Lose Butler and Jimmy, gain Hopkins, the #1 overall and an extra #3. Defense is short Butler and Ryan from last year but Gilmore + draftee (or the Jones boys) replaces them. Garrett helps with pass rush questions.

Oh, and step 6... Repeat as champs!

Step 7. Then lose for a generation looking for a QB...

I concur. But I think my estimates are bearing a much closer view of the Patriots thoughts of his value. Else he would have been traded for a second round pick, already.

Why? Even if the Patriots think JAG is a JAG, holding on to him in order to inflate his price would be the right move.

Here's my 5 step plan:

1) Trade Butler and a 2nd to Houston for Hopkins

2) Trade Jimmy G to Cleveland for the #1 this year, a #2 this year and one #3 next year

3) Re-sign Hightower

4) Draft Garrett at #1

5) Draft a CB in the second

Lose Butler and Jimmy, gain Hopkins, the #1 overall and an extra #3. Defense is short Butler and Ryan from last year but Gilmore + draftee (or the Jones boys) replaces them. Garrett helps with pass rush questions.

Oh, and step 6... Repeat as champs!
The problem I see is QB is a much bigger need for HOU than CB. I really think it would be dumb for them to put their eggs in the Tony Romo basket, especially if the idea is to solve both a short and long-term need at the QB position.

What about this 3-way trade?

Redskins to 49ers: Cousins
Redskins to Pats: 2017 1st round pick (17)
49ers to Pats: 2017 1st round pick (2)
Pats to Redskins: JG

Redskins get potential franchise QB and clear up their QB mess for 1st round pick
49ers get QB that their GM wants for 1st round pick
Pats get 1 high and 1 middle 1st round pick for JG

Cannot see us ever going double digits $'s at WR, its not in the Patriot DNA. I also think we prefer TE in the redzone than a big WR also. If Cooks is attainable at 9m a year I think we would do that instead, but I think he wants 12-14m money.

I think by now, given the pats activities, this thread has lost its luster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick