PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical SB Question

MahomestoKelce

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have a few Falcon fan friends. They still discuss the 28-3 collapse.

For you as a Pats fan, would you rather: Get blown out in the Wild Card round like say 49-10. Or...would you rather lose a SB. A SB you once led 28-3.

Some argue that the 28-3 sucks. But everything up to that point was great. So a few more weeks of happiness.

Others would say nobody really remembers a team getting wiped out in the WC round. But 28-3 lives forever. It's historic.

What say you?

Personally, I'd take the WC wipeout.

This isn't even a question. Would you take last week over literally any of our Super Bowl losses. Yes. I'd take last week a million times over.

Hell deep down we all knew we weren't really Super Bowl material this year

For you as a Pats fan, would you rather: Get blown out in the Wild Card round like say 49-10. Or...would you rather lose a SB. A SB you once led 28-3.

Some argue that the 28-3 sucks. But everything up to that point was great. So a few more weeks of happiness.

Others would say nobody really remembers a team getting wiped out in the WC round. But 28-3 lives forever. It's historic.

What say you?

You always want to win. Going to a SB and losing is better than never getting there.

This isn't even a question. Would you take last week over literally any of our Super Bowl losses. Yes. I'd take last week a million times over.

Hell deep down we all knew we weren't really Super Bowl material this year
Of course you take last week because the Patriots still unlikely to win SB. Even if they beat Buffalo.

Even losing a 28-3 lead?

Idk.

As a fan I'd be sick for months.
Yes. Losing is losing it doesn’t matter how, when or by how much.
I would certainly rather win the wc, divisional round, affcg then lose the SB than to lose in the WC round.
Do you wish the Chiefs lost to Cleveland last year instead of getting to the SB?
Do you want them to lose today because if they win they may lose back to back SBs?
Liking one loss better than another is a loser mentality.

Even losing a 28-3 lead?

Idk.

As a fan I'd be sick for months.

Why deprive yourself of your team winning a few games and enjoying the ride? Why? Because of a bad loss? Afraid of your feelings getting hurt. That's life.

I was a teenager in 1985. Pats went on a great playoff run. Beat the hated Jets in NY. Beat the hated Raiders in LA. Beat the hated 'Fins in Miami. The euphoria, excitement and fairy-tail ending and lead -up to the Super Bowl vs the Bears was awesome. It was fun. It was all anyone talked about.

Getting destroyed by the Bears was hard, but the memories created lasts a lifetime.

So yes, if the Pats were up 28-3 vs the Bears and we lost, it would suck but the memories of the run last a lifetime.

I was a teenager in 1985. Pats went on a great playoff run. Beat the hated Jets in NY. Beat the hated Raiders in LA. Beat the hated 'Fins in Miami. The euphoria, excitement and fairy-tail ending and lead -up to the Super Bowl vs the Bears was awesome. It was fun. It was all anyone talked about.

Getting destroyed by the Bears was hard, but the memories created lasts a lifetime.
Simply perfect

Winning more games is always better than not so I'd take the Super Bowl loss over WC loss every time.

Why deprive yourself of your team winning a few games and enjoying the ride? Why? Because of a bad loss? Afraid of your feelings getting hurt. That's life.

So yes, if the Pats were up 28-3 vs the Bears and we lost, it would suck but the memories of the run last a lifetime.
That game was worse than getting up 28-3 and losing.

That game was worse than getting up 28-3 and losing.
Exactly. At least for Falcons fans you had hope till the end as opposed to the game being over after the 1st quarter.

28-3 and losing is like 18-1 to me. A hurt that never goes away. I’ll take a wild card drubbing over that anyway.

Winning more games is always better than not so I'd take the Super Bowl loss over WC loss every time.

Winning the conference title is a big deal in itself. Certainly nowhere close to winning the Super Bowl but a good memory, especially if it happens at home.

The hurt from a loss fades a lot quicker than the euphoria of a win, and you can't win if you don't play.

What say you?

I’m gonna go with lose the WC.

either way you don’t achieve your goal for the season.

take the higher draft pick.

I never understood the logic of people pointing their fingers at a team that made it to the finals, the championship, and then losing.

That team played better than every other team - including 99.9% who are pointing their fingers - over the course of the season.

By that logic it is better to be the Jets or Lions during the last half century than any of those 50 conference champion that did not win a super bowl.

The hurt from a loss fades a lot quicker than the euphoria of a win, and you can't win if you don't play.

“You miss every shot you don’t take - Wayne Gretzky”

-Michael Scott

I never understood the logic of people pointing their fingers at a team that made it to the finals, the championship, and then losing.

That team played better than every other team - including 99.9% who are pointing their fingers - over the course of the season.

By that logic it is better to be the Jets or Lions during the last half century than any of those 50 conference champion that did not win a super bowl.

Jealous loser talk, usually.

What say you?

I would generally take a wild card wipeout, but that one will be remembered as perhaps the worst defensive performance ever. Bills had 7 drives and scored 7 TDS. That can’t be beat. I mean yeah, 8 for 8 is possible but the bills batter 1000% in terms of scoring drives. But in terms of disappointment, Falcons was infinitely worse.

I know we are numb to championship game wins but they do count for something. It's better to reach the Superbowl as the champion of your conference. Soak it all in what the Chiefs are doing right now because this ain't the norm.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back