PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How To Salvage This Season?

What don't you understand? I said the NFC have teams make the playoffs under 500. As Seattle has done before . The path for NFC teams isn't like AFC teams. I'm just saying that there were years Seattle made the playoffs under 500. Meanwhile we were 11-5 one Season and didn't. So just saying that Seattle isn't a fair comparison.
What does that have to do with anything? Why would anyone care about the record of the last wild card team? (And it happen ONCE)
Are you telling me you want to tank to earn the last wild card spot?

Indy tanked. They didn’t get better than they were.
Seattle did tank and the win a SB. The next year. Then made another. And have been overall better than the team that tanked.

Indy chose to tank, Seattle didn’t. Who did the decision work out better for?

What does that have to do with anything? Why would anyone care about the record of the last wild card team? (And it happen ONCE)
Are you telling me you want to tank to earn the last wild card spot?

Indy tanked. They didn’t get better than they were.
Seattle did tank and the win a SB. The next year. Then made another. And have been overall better than the team that tanked.

Indy chose to tank, Seattle didn’t. Who did the decision work out better for?
Was indy in the NFC or AFC..? I'm just simply stating that the path for playoff contention is easier for an NFC team that's rebuilding or trying to win with a rookie QB. Luck had Brady and Manning in his way during his time to prevent him from going deep in the playoffs. Seattle found something with Wilson after he wasn't even named the starter in camp. However I see your point.

Was indy in the NFC or AFC..? I'm just simply stating that the path for playoff contention is easier for an NFC team that's rebuilding or trying to win with a rookie QB. Luck had Brady and Manning in his way during his time to prevent him from going deep in the playoffs. Seattle found something with Wilson after he wasn't even named the starter in camp. However I see your point.
You are creating an assumption that isn’t even relevant.

When you build a team you don’t say it takes a better record in the other conference to get the last wild card, so we should have a different goal here.

And by the way at that time the NFC has won 3 of the last 4 SBs and had a 10-6 team not make the playoffs the year before.

You are creating an assumption that isn’t even relevant.

When you build a team you don’t say it takes a better record in the other conference to get the last wild card, so we should have a different goal here.

And by the way at that time the NFC has won 3 of the last 4 SBs and had a 10-6 team not make the playoffs the year before.
It is not an assumption and it is relevant.

It is not an assumption and it is relevant.
Of course it’s an assumption and it’s wrong. The NFC has won 3 of the last 4 SBs and just had a 10-6 team left out if they wild card while in the AFC 10-6 made it.
But it’s also irrelevant because teams don’t decide whether or not to tank based upon how many games it would take to get the last wild card spot.

You still haven’t answered the question, pretty sure I know why.
If the patriots tank and 12 years from now have the colts 2012-2023 history and are where the Colts are now, are you happy?

Mac's arm is not that weak if he plants his back foot and steps into the throw. Unfortunately Mac's mechanics are awful because he is a snowflake like you say. Not sure if QBs recover from the jitters of seeing ghosts.
His arm is not weak?

Then why did the Pats only let him throw 3 passes in 2021 @ Buffalo? Spare me the line of BS that Corky could have if the Pats let him.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back