PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to get friends/relatives into Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be in the blood. I hate to admit this but I am in exile. I was born in New England but rarely can be there. When the exile started, I was a kitten and the local team knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs that year. I caught Hell for that. The next year, the local team led our beloved Patriots 23-0 at half time! The Patriots went on to comeback and win 38-23 which at that time was a record. I was floating on the clouds! Times were tough back then. There was no internet or cable tv. I had to suffer through the local team's games to view the scrolling scores or maybe view a few seconds of highlights during halftime. *IF* the Patriots were on Monday night, it was definitely an appointment to view. I had to go to the library to find a box score in the USA Today. Oh and one of the crown jewels of this present golden age of New England football was when the Patriots defeated the local team 28-24 in the Superbowl. :D

It must be in the blood. I hate to admit this but I am in exile. I was born in New England but rarely can be there. When the exile started, I was a kitten and the local team knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs that year. I caught Hell for that. The next year, the local team led our beloved Patriots 23-0 at half time! The Patriots went on to comeback and win 38-23 which at that time was a record. I was floating on the clouds! Times were tough back then. There was no internet or cable tv. I had to suffer through the local team's games to view the scrolling scores or maybe view a few seconds of highlights during halftime. *IF* the Patriots were on Monday night, it was definitely an appointment to view. I had to go to the library to find a box score in the USA Today. Oh and one of the crown jewels of this present golden age of New England football was when the Patriots defeated the local team 28-24 in the Superbowl. :D
Yes, it is. I've never been, but I hear Seattle is a great place to live, and the people are just super friendly. That game, which like all the other games in which we were eliminated for the rest of the Eighties was started by Tony Eason, and was the very last game we played wearing our best, proudest uni's in which the Patriots established themselves as title contenders in the modern pro football era. The next season saw the return of the over-the-shoulder stripes, which evoke classic memories of the Sixties, and are better left there where they belong, in the Sixties. Maybe only as a throwback. Also the return of the unfortunate red pajama pants.

I also lived in other parts of the country, and could only rely on little glancing news or highlight snippets. But growing up, there were often local blackouts and many a game was only heard on the radio, which was great because it was Gil and Gino.

That Super Bowl was immensely huge on so many levels, you're right. Malcolm Butler will always be a hero here in New England. He's the man.

Yes, it is. I've never been, but I hear Seattle is a great place to live, and the people are just super friendly.
No Comment :(

(Sorry)

how do I get friends/realtives into watching the Pats?..that's easy...with my .357 Magnum pointed at their temples. I thought everybody knew this?

<<< GASP! >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back