PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how to blow your draft to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Patriots, as well as all the other teams that had him in for visits and workouts watched the same film as we did. However sorry if I trust that evaluation more than yours.

Cheers bro! I hope the guy turns into the next Ed Reed, but that is not gonna happen in my opinion. I find it quite humorous how so many attack their own kind over this. Sorry if i feel a pick was in poor fashion, but seriously have you reached the point where you put a bag over your head, and just throw darts at names? Cause that's what it looks like Bill did with this pick.

Nice recovery by drafting my binky, jake bequette

OT...Love the Bequette pick! I'll calm down now it appears Bill has come back too earth.

Draft tavon wilson in the 2nd! What a joke! What the hell is going on with bb? Nail it in the first and fall flat on your face in the 2nd. Awful! By far the worst pick in this entire draft. Hello b. Taylor,and plenty of other quality guys available! SICKENING!!!

congrats! This is the first draft forum thread that has been moved to the PS that I can remember

congrats! This is the first draft forum thread that has been moved to the PS that I can remember[/QU

Still pretty weak, as to why this thread was moved to ps. How did i offend any of the fragile? I apologize if i did so.

because we all know you have no idea what you are talking about, yet you come here talking like you've won a few super bowl rings.

Assuming you know more than any SB winning head coach should be an auto perma ban on any football forum.

Draft tavon wilson in the 2nd! What a joke! What the hell is going on with bb? Nail it in the first and fall flat on your face in the 2nd. Awful! By far the worst pick in this entire draft. Hello b. Taylor,and plenty of other quality guys available! SICKENING!!!

Really did BB let you in the room the see the stacking of the draft board based on how a player will fit our scheme and fit in our locker room?

REALLY????????????????????

:rolleyes:

Sounds good sunshine! But if this guy is on our roster it makes the pick even worse. He is not an nfl caliber S! Why would you mock the team we both love having such a below par safety on our roster?

You are obviously a qualified scout to make such a declarative statement. Which games of his have you watched please?

"Meh picks" in the second round are what get you the 31st ranked D in the NFL. Those picks should be reserved for later in the draft. Why not pick a guy that has proven production vs high level competition? Giving BB the benefit of the doubt has not proven wisewhen talking about defensive backs.

This has to be one of the most mellow dramatic quotes I've ever seen. I hate to inform you but a "meh" pick is one that neither excites me, or makes me angry........... Neither of which has ANY barring on whether the guy will be successful at this level or not. This guy projects a lot like SeaBass. Not a flashy or sexy pick for the so-called "draft guru's" (like yourself no doubt :rolleyes: ), but none the less time will tell what his ACTUALLY value will be.

Last edited:
Belichick knows way more than any of us do. Remember that.

He admits himself the Draft is a crap shoot. He has more information but he has anxiety someone might find out how he does his Drafts and he has a brain freeze. No one can tell me there were five or six Teams just waiting after pick #48 to jump on this kid. You believe that I have a tunnel project to let you invest in. He just rolled snake eyes on this one or left the room to take a leak and told someone pick #84 on this kid not #48.
DW Toys

Great round one; terrible round two?

Forgive me if I am being too obvious but there seems to be a stark contrast between rounds 1 and 2.

In round one BB got some great value and filled some positions of need.

However it was a different story in round 2. BB could have had Tavon Wilson today (or even as a free agent) but seemed to panic and reached for him in round 2. In addition he could have picked up a CB with his second 2'd round pick but again seemed to panic about going into day three with no picks and got dubious value trading down.

But hey what would a Patriots draft be without a second round screwup? As I said before all BB's trading down in past is fine as long as he uses his extra picks wisely. Seems like another whiff in the second again this year.

Last edited:
Re: Great round one; terrible round two?

Maybe, you got to figure this was all part othe plan, I doubt panic had any thing to do with it.

Re: Great round one; terrible round two?

A super bowl winning head coach (not bb) said "trust what you see with your eyes, not what you hear with your ears"

I have no footage of him playing in the NFL, but there is footage of him playing in the Big 10, and it's not good. I'm sure this guy "loves football", "is very coachable", "shows toughness", "displays a high football IQ", but the guy was a barely avg player in college, and I'm sure he will be a James Sanders in the NFL. He will be a guy the coaches like, but does nothing to impact games just like James Sanders, or Gus Scott for that matter. I am convinced BB falls for these overachievers that "play tough football", and he ignores players with better natural ability. This is how you end up with the 31st defense in the NFL. Gus Scott, James Sanders, Terrance Wheatley, Brandon Merriweather, Darius Butler. Guys that leave the Pats and end up being nothing because they were never NFL quality talent. Nice guys, but NOT NFL quality players. They probably would have been great in the 1993 NFL.

BB is winning today because of Tom Brady. His reputation as a defensive mind has taken, and will continue to take hits because of his obsession with taking these inferior athletes with high character. I am all on board with Hightower, but the other two have not shown the ability to compete at a high level in their own conferences, let alone the NFL.

And let's not forget Dexter Reid, Johnny Wilhite, Matty Slater the ST "Ace"(snicker) & Malodorous Williams,
and soon unfortunately PatBrick Chung & Glas-IR Dowling.

This post puts the myth of Little Bill Belichoke into as good a perspective as I've read in a while.
He has been gravy-training Brady through his substandard drafts since 2004 ('05 & some of '10 the exceptions), just as he gravy-trained LT & the NYG defense into a HC gig.

NEP's 2012 Draft 2nd round (incl. that rape of a trade-back) = the Worst 2nd Round in NFL Draft History.

And let's not forget Dexter Reid, Johnny Wilhite, Matty Slater the ST "Ace"(snicker) & Malodorous Williams,
and soon unfortunately PatBrick Chung & Glas-IR Dowling.

This post puts the myth of Little Bill Belichoke into as good a perspective as I've read in a while.
He has been gravy-training Brady through his substandard drafts since 2004 ('05 & some of '10 the exceptions), just as he gravy-trained LT & the NYG defense into a HC gig.

NEP's 2012 Draft 2nd round (incl. that rape of a trade-back) = the Worst 2nd Round in NFL Draft History.

I would pass of the diatribe as a knee-jerk reaction the moment after an unpopular draft pick was made, but that wasn't the case. Based on your choice of words I find it difficult to believe that you are actually a fan of the Patriots. My guess is that you actually root for the Steelers, Jets or some other team.

God forbid the 219th pick of the draft didn't get much of any playing time in his rookie season; that's totally unprecedented. (This would be a more appropriate place to insert a 'snicker'.)

As for belittling the importance of special teams, why don't you ask Bill Cowher how that worked out. Wow, a 5th round pick makes it on a team for his special team abilities; despicable, because every other 5th round pick in the history of the NFL has gone on to become a perennial pro bowler.

The 'it's all Brady' logic is seriously flawed. The NFL is the ultimate team sport, which requires performance from a larger number of players than any other sport. About 30 players get a significant amount of playing time. While Brady is good, he's not god; no one player can be responsible for a team winning 29 games over the course of two seasons.

Question: how do you judge a draft pick to be good or bad?

Whatever the response is, go apply the same identical standard to the drafts of each of the 31 other teams and get back to me with your results. Use your starting point of 2004, count the total number of acceptable picks for all 32 teams, and enlighten us with those rankings.

Sometimes passes are not completed. Sometimes a team doesn't score and is forced to punt. And sometimes in this crapshoot called the draft a player selected does not turn out to be a perennial pro bowler. But for whatever reason a certain segment of fans thinks that they're smarter than the paid professionals, every single draft pick should be a future hall of famer, and the team they root for should win the league championship every single year.

Two words: Spoiled. Unrealistic.

Question for you: had Tyree not made the helmet catch, or Brady thrown the ball a bit more accurately to Welker, would you agree that the Patriots would have won two more SBs? If so, would you still be going on this rant? Reason I ask is that those two plays have nothing to do with any drafts; would you still be this upset if the Pats had just won their 5th SB in 11 years two months ago?

If I'm wrong and you really are a fan of this team, and the things it does pisses you off so much, then why do you continue to follow them? Why put yourself through that? Do yourself a favor and go follow some other team that makes the decisions that more neatly coincide with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes