PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how to blow your draft to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with Wilson on getting drafted by Pats:

"Wilson was in the process of starting an internet yarn dealership with his grandmother when he got the call from Belichick. "I was really surprised to be drafted, especially so high. It was a real honor to talk to Coach Belichick, and I look forward to talking to him a few more times before I get cut."
Asked why he has such little confidence in his future with the Patriots, Wilson said "Look, I know there's not much competition in the Patriots secondary. For all I know, I'll stick. But my philosophy right now is I should at least make enough money in training camp to really get a great kick off to this yarn business. If football works out, and it works out with the Patriots, all the better. It's win win from my perspective."

I look forward to mocking you for this statement.

Sounds good sunshine! But if this guy is on our roster it makes the pick even worse. He is not an nfl caliber S! Why would you mock the team we both love having such a below par safety on our roster?

Sounds good sunshine! But if this guy is on our roster it makes the pick even worse. He is not an nfl caliber S! Why would you mock the team we both love having such a below par safety on our roster?

What exactly is your evidence that he isn't an NFL caliber safety? No one has seen him in the NFL, and he performed at a high level in a power conference in college. Was he drafted higher than most "experts" projected... sure, but there is nothing to say he can't be an effective NFL player.

This is one where I'm ready to suspend my disbelief. BB knows a thing or two about football and the economics of the draft.

This is the kind of fan response we got after drafting Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins, which I've taken as a life lesson.

And all the effusive joy over Donta Hightower reminds me a bit too much of the fan response after drafting Lawrence Moroney.

Let's let things unfold. By all reports the S class was piss poor this year. There must be something BB saw and liked in this kid. He's still the guy who drafted Tom Brady.

What exactly is your evidence that he isn't an NFL caliber safety? No one has seen him in the NFL, and he performed at a high level in a power conference in college. Was he drafted higher than most "experts" projected... sure, but there is nothing to say he can't be an effective NFL player.

I wish i could be as optimistic as you,but you lost my interest when you said power conference. Are you new to college football? The guy doesn't even have a true position, and we threw a 2nd round pick out the window. Why not draft the paperboy? He has a wicked arm.

I wish i could be as optimistic as you,but you lost my interest when you said power conference. Are you new to college football? The guy doesn't even have a true position, and we threw a 2nd round pick out the window. Why not draft the paperboy? He has a wicked arm.

He played in the big 10, that is a legit conference even if it isn't the SEC.
I assume you are still furious about the Vollmer pick.

This is one where I'm ready to suspend my disbelief. BB knows a thing or two about football and the economics of the draft.

This is the kind of fan response we got after drafting Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins, which I've taken as a life lesson.

And all the effusive joy over Donta Hightower reminds me a bit too much of the fan response after drafting Lawrence Moroney.

Let's let things unfold. By all reports the S class was piss poor this year. There must be something BB saw and liked in this kid. He's still the guy who drafted Tom Brady.

Yep, just like that great merriweather pick! If there is one thing I'VE learned its that bill doesn't know safeties! None will be more apparent then this one.

Last edited:
come back off the ledge

He played in the big 10, that is a legit conference even if it isn't the SEC.
I assume you are still furious about the Vollmer pick.

He played on sub par team in a sub par conference, yet this guy is the real deal? How much koolaid did you drink?

B. Taylor from lsu is 10 times the player this guy is...seatlle just made us look stupid! How bad is that?

Last edited:
I can't wait until Wilson becomes a very good player and all of these "draft experts" that are whining now will say "I knew he was going to be good all along" pathetic. Just pathetic let him take the field.

And besides, Cmon guys it could be worse the JAGS just picked a punter for goodness sakes.

He played on sub par team in a sub par conference, yet this guy is the real deal? How much koolaid did you drink?

I better give you this number

1-800-872-7856

Suicide Prevention Hotline.

At this point I'm pretty sure he's just whining for the sake of whining, no one really believes the Big 10 is a bad conference, it had 5 top 25 teams and 3 of those were top 17. It is based on the information we have a reach, but there is no way you actually believe he isn't an NFL player.

I can't wait until Wilson becomes a very good player and all of these "draft experts" that are whining now will say "I knew he was going to be good all along" pathetic. Just pathetic let him take the field.

And besides, Cmon guys it could be worse the JAGS just picked a punter for goodness sakes.

Yeah, we are defending sb champs, and all it's not like we have holes or eventual holes too fill. My bad thanks for the reality check.

Hey, you guys got some footage of him playing in the NFL? I sure haven't. Give him a chance and stop buying hype over other players.

I have no footage of him playing in the NFL, but there is footage of him playing in the Big 10, and it's not good. I'm sure this guy "loves football", "is very coachable", "shows toughness", "displays a high football IQ", but the guy was a barely avg player in college, and I'm sure he will be a James Sanders in the NFL. He will be a guy the coaches like, but does nothing to impact games just like James Sanders, or Gus Scott for that matter. I am convinced BB falls for these overachievers that "play tough football", and he ignores players with better natural ability. This is how you end up with the 31st defense in the NFL. Gus Scott, James Sanders, Terrance Wheatley, Brandon Merriweather, Darius Butler. Guys that leave the Pats and end up being nothing because they were never NFL quality talent. Nice guys, but NOT NFL quality players. They probably would have been great in the 1993 NFL.

BB is winning today because of Tom Brady. His reputation as a defensive mind has taken, and will continue to take hits because of his obsession with taking these inferior athletes with high character. I am all on board with Hightower, but the other two have not shown the ability to compete at a high level in their own conferences, let alone the NFL.

The scary thing is that there are so many ill informed "pats" fans out there. Go watch some film on your new favorite patriot, and you'll be seeing why he isn't there on opening day.

The scary thing is that there are so many ill informed "pats" fans out there. Go watch some film on your new favorite patriot, and you'll be seeing why he isn't there on opening day.

I have no idea what you are saying here. Are Pats fas ill informed because you are so informed. What are you saying?

Illinois had a weak secondary until recently when a new coach came in and stabilized things.

Belichick couldn't have screwed up this second round any more if he had tried.

Why not Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt at #48?

Then at 62 he could have given away the pick on this WTF pick, this Jeff Lagerman reach of the second round.

Let's make a bet.
If he's on the opening day roster you don't post for a year, if he gets cut before then I won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back