PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how to blow your draft to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
B. Taylor from lsu is 10 times the player this guy is...seatlle just made us look stupid! How bad is that?

Coming from the team that took Bruce Irvin with their early first round pick?;) Bad example.

The scary thing is that there are so many ill informed "pats" fans out there. Go watch some film on your new favorite patriot, and you'll be seeing why he isn't there on opening day.

If he's on the roster week 1, will you leave PatsFans forever?

I have no idea what you are saying here. Are Pats fas ill informed because you are so informed. What are you saying?

He's saying that through his extensive film study, and the experience he gained in his many many years as an NFL Scout coach and GM have lead him to know better than anyone currently employed in the NFL exactly how every college player will perform in the NFL.

At this point I'm pretty sure he's just whining for the sake of whining, no one really believes the Big 10 is a bad conference, it had 5 top 25 teams and 3 of those were top 17. It is based on the information we have a reach, but there is no way you actually believe he isn't an NFL player.

Haha! Well thanks for speaking for me big guy, but yeah the big 10 is a big joke. Sorry!
Go look at the transition. It's "dumbed" down for your guys. Haha! They are jv.

I'd rather give JR Giddens a shot at making the Pats roster as a safety.

Let's make a bet.
If he's on the opening day roster you don't post for a year, if he gets cut before then I won't

I could really care less about posting here. I've been a member for three years and have like 400 posts. I don't need that. I'd sooner see you posting so i can rub it in your face, and likewise if i am wrong...but i'm not.

Haha! Well thanks for speaking for me big guy, but yeah the big 10 is a big joke. Sorry!
Go look at the transition. It's "dumbed" down for your guys. Haha! They are jv.

I would not say the Big 10 is JV, but the passing offenses do leave something to be desired. This guy did nothing in four years competing against these offenses. He was in no way a playmaker. For a defense lacking in playmakers, he will fit right in. Chalk this guy up in the category of, "we release him in 3 yrs, and he is never heard from again". We will call him Gus Scott.

If he's on the roster week 1, will you leave PatsFans forever?

If he's not on the roster come opening week then you leave forever, and we got a deal genius.

This thread sounds like a crowded bar room after midnight. A bunch of drunken rowdies arguing over stuff they really don't know much about. :p

This is a meh.... pick for me. Not scratching my head really, and its certainly not a very sexy pick. However, he's hybrid corner-safety and BB had a boner for those right now. I think he can contribute and don't see him being tons more then a role guy, so it's a little high for him, but........... unlike many of you I'm willing to give BB a little bit of the benefit of the doubt here.

Walk back from the ledge people. :cool:

If he's not on the roster come opening week then you leave forever, and we got a deal genius.

If they cut him before September 9, I'll leave PatsFans forever. No problem.

He's saying that through his extensive film study, and the experience he gained in his many many years as an NFL Scout coach and GM have lead him to know better than anyone currently employed in the NFL exactly how every college player will perform in the NFL.

Go look at ALL his game film smart guy! Get a clue before you talk smack. You have no clue as to what you are defending.what is it that they say? The film never lies.

Just out of curiousity, were you in on the Sebastian Vollmer pick hate back in 09? I'm just curious, and I'm sorry if I'm asking a question so obvious.

This thread sounds like a crowded bar room after midnight. A bunch of drunken rowdies arguing over stuff they really don't know much about. :p

This is a meh.... pick for me. Not scratching my head really, and its certainly not a very sexy pick. However, he's hybrid corner-safety and BB had a boner for those right now. I think he can contribute and don't see him being tons more then a role guy, so it's a little high for him, but........... unlike many of you I'm willing to give BB a little bit of the benefit of the doubt here.

Walk back from the ledge people. :cool:

"Meh picks" in the second round are what get you the 31st ranked D in the NFL. Those picks should be reserved for later in the draft. Why not pick a guy that has proven production vs high level competition? Giving BB the benefit of the doubt has not proven wisewhen talking about defensive backs.

He's still the guy who drafted Tom Brady.

Yes, he is.

And he's also the guy who drafted Chad Jackson and Kevin O'Connell. :rolleyes:

Brilliance does NOT equal Perfection.

Mad Bill crapped the bed on this one.

And, yes: That IS just my OPINION. :D

If they cut him before September 9, I'll leave PatsFans forever. No problem.

That's not the deal big man. He has too make the opening week roster! What,you telling me that teams draft guys in the2ND ROUND that can't even make the opening day roster?
Try again. You wanna defend the pick, and act big? Put some balls behind it.
If she isn't on the opening day roster YOU LEAVE FOREVER, and likewise.

Practice squad eligibility does not count! Ya don't draft 2nd rounders for the ps. In that case you my friend lose as well.

Last edited:
Go look at ALL his game film smart guy! Get a clue before you talk smack. You have no clue as to what you are defending.what is it that they say? The film never lies.

I'm sure the Patriots, as well as all the other teams that had him in for visits and workouts watched the same film as we did. However sorry if I trust that evaluation more than yours.

I could have sworn we already drafted Wilson last year, in the 7th round:

BB thought he was drafting Eugene Wilson, db from Illinois. It was a deja vu moment.

Seriously, this rd 2 is a disaster. Wilson at 48 is a major reach. At 62, with Randle, Josh Robinson and Taylor on the board, they move back an entire round in order to pick up a 5th??? Jeez, Wilson would have been there in the 5th! If that was the strategy, they should have grabbed value at 48 and then made the trade at 62. Terrible!.

Grades - A yesterday, D- today

We're all experts here lets relax

The 2nd Round Pick is the answer to: How do you motivate your 3rd Round Pick? Jake Bequette will definitely garner some notice in camp and beyond.

I find it a little hard to believe anyone regularly posting on this board has seen a significant amount of Tavon Wilson game film. Maybe you watched some film or Mercilus, but you weren't watching Tavon.

I do, however, appreciate that this board has devolved into retirement from the board bets. I look forward to cage threads, royal rumble chat rooms, and the occasional use of a foreign object to settle future disagreements. Though I have this nagging suspicion that the "retired" poster will resume posting, under an alias, while wearing a mask to hide his true identity. He will probably list his hometown as "parts unknown."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes