How the 2015 Rookie Salary Cap Pool Will Work for the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
How the 2015 Rookie Salary Cap Pool Will Work for the New England Patriots

Miguel Benzan

This blog post attempts to explain exactly how the rookie pool works and how it will relate to the 2015 salary cap of the defending Super Bowl champions New England Patriots.

Continue reading...

Miguel, we go back a long way, relatively speaking, and no one respects your effort and knowledge more than I, so I feel the need to ask you some questions, OK?

Your reputation in the internet salary cap community is impeccable, have you even been contacted by anyone working within an NFL front office to ask you a question about the cap?

Have you ever, over the years, ever actively tried to get a job within an NFL front office to work on the cap?

Has any NFL team ever contacted you about working for them?

Has any media outlet ever contacted you about a paid position as an "area expert", to help explain the arcane ins and outs of the NFL Salary cap.

If any of these are too personal feel free to ignore them, but I've always wondered that given the ignorance that floods NFL front offices and media outlets about the cap, why your competence on the matter couldn't find a market. On just this single topic alone you enlightened everyone who read it. If the universe made any sense at all, you would be part of Mike Felger's personal production team. ;)

Your reputation in the internet salary cap community is impeccable, have you even been contacted by anyone working within an NFL front office to ask you a question about the cap?
No
Have you ever, over the years, ever actively tried to get a job within an NFL front office to work on the cap?
No. Main reason = my wife is unwilling to move away from her mother. Plus, there are teams that I, as a long-time Patriots fan, could never work for (Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Steelers)

Has any NFL team ever contacted you about working for them?
No.
Has any media outlet ever contacted you about a paid position as an "area expert", to help explain the arcane ins and outs of the NFL Salary cap.
Paid, no. I have been asked by several media members to help them with their salary cap questions. It still bewilders me that some Patriots beat writers still do not follow me on Twitter. Their loss.

If any of these are too personal feel free to ignore them, but I've always wondered that given the ignorance that floods NFL front offices and media outlets about the cap, why your competence on the matter couldn't find a market. On just this single topic alone you enlightened everyone who read it. If the universe made any sense at all, you would be part of Mike Felger's personal production team. ;)

I am lucky and blessed to have a well-paying job and to have started my cap pages at the same time that the Patriots started to become the best team of the NFL salary cap era. I doubt that I can make as much money focusing on salary-cap stuff as I do on my regular job so I never looked to make off my hobby. I am happy to help my fellow Patriots fans learn more about the salary cap.

Shameless plug for my chosen charity.

A long-time family friend, my youngest sister's best friend, is on the board of directors of a soup kitchen and food pantry in Malden, Massachusetts that serves over 400 low-income and homeless families per month. I am asking that if you have found my salary cap pages useful that if you are able to do so, please make a donation to the Bread of Life soup kitchen/food pantry.
http://www.thebreadoflifeonline.org

Their address is:
Attn: Mea Quinn Mustone
Bread of Life
54 Eastern Avenue, Rear
Malden, MA 02148

Please mention PatsCap.com with your donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes