Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Much Has Our Receiving Corp Improved?

• There is no comparison; we a top 5 set of receivers.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • There is no comparison; we a top 10 set of receivers; enough to compete for SB

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • We are better, but it doesn't matter without a top 10 QB

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • We are better, but it doesn't matter without ABC at quarterback.

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
Not sure I understand your question

It was Jacobi Meyers who had a 170 yard game last year not Edelman. Love Jules but Edelman is the 4th receiver on this team now.

How many Jags get 896 yards and 8 tds?

And he didn't play till week5. Jacobi Meyers is a 1200 yard receiver if he started the whole season. On an offense last year where he got extra defensive attention since Harry and Izzo sucked. Meyers is the real deal, he should still start next season.

they've gone from a D- to a C as constituted now....let's see how the season plays out. won't matter if the QB play sucks again
This.

I didn't vote, as there's no middle ground.

Improved over last year. Yup. Improved to top 10 or 5? No way. Lat year they were poor. Now they might be an average NFL receiving corps. It's a great improvement, to be sure, but let's not delude ourselves to think this is a top flight group. No way.

Tight Ends? Well, that's a different animal all together.

How Much Has Our Receivers Improved?​

have

is

There is no comparison; we a top 5 set of receivers.
insert "have" after "we"

There is no comparison; we a top 10 set of receivers; enough to compete for SB
insert "have" after "we"

Or... we can go the other direction:

And he didn't play till week5. Jacobi Meyers is a 1200 yard receiver if he started the whole season. On an offense last year where he got extra defensive attention since Harry and Izzo sucked. Meyers is the real deal, he should still start next season.

The stats I posted were Agholors but..

People are underrating Meyers next year. I think he's going to have a big year. When you upgrade the overall talent then guys are going to have an easier time getting open.

Now teams can't focus solely on Meyers because you have Agholor, Bourne, henry and smith who all are viable targets. So, his job should get easier

Last year all teams had to focus on was meyers and maybe Byrd who is a 3rd or 4th receiver.

Has Harry but released yet? There would be an enormous improvement from last season with that simple move. If he is still on the team I would not say they have improved...

Here is what Kraft said to Peter King this week. Pretty telling. He knows this is not the best way to build a team to contend.

“We’ll see,” Kraft said with some caution. “I do remember we always made fun of the teams that spent a lot in the offseason. So we know nothing is guaranteed, and I’m very cognizant of that.”

Per the website Over The Cap, here are the five teams that spent the most in free agency from 2017-20, with the composite spending and their regular-season records over the period:
  1. Jacksonville, $494.1 million, 22-42.
  2. N.Y. Jets, $463.0 million, 18-46.
  3. Buffalo, $457.1 million, 38-26.
  4. Detroit, $444.7 million, 23-41.
  5. Cleveland, $436.2 million, 24-39-1.

It was Jacobi Meyers who had a 170 yard game last year not Edelman. Love Jules but Edelman is the 4th receiver on this team now.

I don't think you are remembering correctly:

Meyers did it against the Jets, Edelman did it against the Seahawks... so you're both right... and you're both wrong! :)

Last edited:
I’m still wondering if Gunnar can offer something as a receiver. It took Edelman several years to develop his receiving skills.
so, perhaps will also take several years, while being our punt returner

I’m good with that. He was a great punt returner last year especially after he stopped returning kickoffs. If he can add some receiving value, great.
I tend to agree with you.

The open question is whether he is good enough to justify a roster spot. Some would rather us sign Patterson or even Byrd.

I tend to agree with you.

The open question is whether he is good enough to justify a roster spot. Some would rather us sign Patterson or even Byrd.
I hope they keep him/he earns a spot. His punt return numbers might have been a little fluky, but they were dominant. There were also great reports about his receiving skills during last training camp.

786C9162-CA07-4D19-9032-DDCFDA71D972.png

is Byrd back next year? or is he a free agent? I don't remember

you can improve the offense by installing a new offense. McDaniel's offense is so difficult to learn, not a lot of folks can grasp it and if they do it takes 3-4 years. Simplify it a little bit so no matter who you bring in, they at least understand the concepts. This offense is like learning Calculus

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back