PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How important is Brady's career TD record to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite a few NBA players with more titles than Michael Jordan, including a player who played at the same time.
Russell, the true GOAT, has 11 titles.
Sam Jones has 10 titles
Tom Heinsohn, KC Jones, Tom Sanders and John Havlicek have 8 titles.
Jim Luscutoff, Frank Ramsey and Robert Horry have 7.
Bob Cousy, Kareem and Scotty Pippen have 6, as many as Jordan.

Yes I'm sure I offended Green Teamers with my not all encompassing post.

My apologies.

I guarantee most people who profess not to care will still be expressing their happiness in the game day thread when it happens (and / or the other thread dedicated to it the same week). Likes and Winners will abound.

I can't speak for most people, or anyone else really, but if Brady breaks some record I might go to a related thread and throw around some likes, but it doesn't mean that I care about the stat. The likes would be to support the fan who does care.

As has been stated here repeatedly, all many of us care about is winning, just like Brady and Belichick.

Yes I'm sure I offended Green Teamers with my not all encompassing post.

My apologies.

No need for apologies. I just like to point out that Jordan isn't the overall champion that everyone wants to make him out to be. Where's the love for Robert Horry? He has 7 titles and played during Jordan's era.

No need for apologies. I just like to point out that Jordan isn't the overall champion that everyone wants to make him out to be. Where's the love for Robert Horry? He has 7 titles and played during Jordan's era.

I got no hate for Big Shot Rob.

I guess you could say, hes the Charles Haley to our Tom Brady (Jordan).

Last edited:
Also most Superbowls by any eva!!

It would be nice if he at least passes Manning, I know that makes me a small human being but I have been called worse.

I want to see him at the top for sure, not for me, I couldn't care less about the stats. I want it so everyone watching who has bad mouthed him has to see him squarely at the top every time a broadcast shows a QB record graphic

I care more that Peyton Manning gets removed from the record books, and care less who the actual QB is that does it

I wouldn't mind it being Brady tho, just as long as Manning's name doesn't appear anywhere in the record books other than for biggest forehead

Let me start by saying this isn't an either/or. I'm not asking if you'd RATHER see Brady break the career regular season TD record by sacrificing something team related. I don't believe in superstitions about yardage, TDs, etc. and curses having to do with winning after achieving them. So obviously WINNING is always #1 for Patriots fans, and nothing can compare to winning playoff games and championships. Secondly, this is clearly a record made to be broken. The career yardage and career TD marks typically stand for roughly 5-10 years. In the modern era, Marino held the record for 12 years before being passed by Favre, who held it for 7 years, before Manning, who has held it for five years.

So as a pure standalone achievement, are you rooting for Brady to break the record and outlast Brees? And if so, how important is it to you? We are so lucky/spoiled with the Patriots that we can see this record as somewhat of a cherry on top of a cherry.

For me, I'd really like to see Brady own this record. In fact, if he owned the TD and passing yards records he would then have:

-Most Super Bowl TDs
-Most Super Bowl passing yards
-Most Postseason TDs
-Most Postseason passing yards
-Most Regular Season TDs
-Most Regular Season passing yards

To retire with that line would be remarkable.

In addition, I would like to see it happen because of the constantly false narrative that Manning was a better regular season QB than Brady. This isn't true in any way, as Brady has been better than Manning in regular season, postseaon, and Super Bowl. Back in the early 2000s we had to listen incessantly about The King of volume statistics.

In addition, Brees has so obviously tried to break this record for his whole career with so many garbage time TDs. Manning and Brees also played in domes and in South divisions (warm weather) for their entire careers.

Also, who do you think retires with more volume TDs and passing yards? Brady or Brees?
The whole kit and kabootle!

For me, I'd really like to see Brady own this record. In fact, if he owned the TD and passing yards records he would then have:

-Most Super Bowl TDs
-Most Super Bowl passing yards
-Most Postseason TDs
-Most Postseason passing yards
-Most Regular Season TDs
-Most Regular Season passing yards

To retire with that line would be remarkable.

If that's important to him I hope he gets it. Personally, I'd rather see him get 1 or 2 more SB wins. That would be remarkable enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back