PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How I’d remake the New England Patriots’ Uniforms

Can’t go wrong with the Brady-era jerseys…
What I provided was merely a suggestion…

It’s like we had pre-Brady jerseys with 40% win rate. Then Brady era with 75% win rate and we changed them and went back to 40% win rate. Why did we change the winning jerseys?

It’s like we had pre-Brady jerseys with 40% win rate. Then Brady era with 75% win rate and we changed them and went back to 40% win rate. Why did we change the winning jerseys?
I'd like to know the answer to that question too. The only way to get them to make a change is to hit Bob's wallet by not buying those crappy jersey's and complain to the media about it.

The Pats added the red while and blue stripes to the shoulders in the 1980's ... 1984 to be precise... but they were full stripes, not the truncated "to the seam" ones that we have now
Nostalgia from the 60's

...which should stay in the '60's

I don't like that look, the way the stripes just end... they should be redesigned
1650318940470.png
"Hi, I'm Doug Flutie, and letting me go is the worst decision your franchise ever made."

Attachments

• 1650318794079.png
    1650318794079.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
I'd like to know the answer to that question too. The only way to get them to make a change is to hit Bob's wallet by not buying those crappy jersey's and complain to the media about it.
With Bledsoe as the starter from 1993-2001, with the flying elvis, the Patriots had a losing overall record

With 'throwbacks' they have a winning percentage over .850

And maybe its because the pants color reminds me of my childhood affinity for the Cowboys but I love the silver pants with this jersey
1650319417717.pngyour team vs. our team

Like the picture...

Statement is factuality incorrect though. I can think of a few missteps along the way... Flutie doesn't even make the list.
The world has made three (3) seasons [1990-92] define the Patriots' history prior to Kraft.

From 1961-89, with that logo on the helmets, the Patriots had a winning overall record.

In that 3 year period the team had nothing from the quarterback position, paid Hugh Millen a record $1 million, while Flutie was paid a third of that to NOT SURPRISINGLY set rushing and passing records in the CFL that will never be broken, and won six MVP's and three Grey Cups.

Clive Rush? Corrected that with Fairbanks.

Would the National Guard have done anything but laugh if they'd requested help before those Monday night games?

The Victory Tour?

Being competitive with Kiam would not have solved the financial collapse or dissipated eternal, endless denigration of the team, but it would have lessened it.

BTW those empty stands would have been full.

Kiam was a fool.

Last edited:
The NFL changed rules after the 2012 season, allowing players to only have 1 helmet... the Pats stopped wearing the reds because it has the white helmet as part of the uniform
Convenient for Kraft...the Patriots did not complain
and it wasnt Bob Kraft who made the change from red to blue... it was James Busch Orthwein who did that
Kraft participated in the selection of flying elvis
when he hired the tuna way back when
Makeover was two months after signing Tuna.

Parcells: "We'll wear whatever they give us to put on. I don't make those decisions."

Hardly 'They're awesome!! Can't wait to play in 'em!!!'

Kraft just stuck with it
And we're stuck with Kraft

Last edited:
Tremendous info.

After perusing all the jerseys over the years, one could surmise Krafty Bob has issues with red jerseys.
Is Bob debilitated by a Red Sox phobia?
Or was the red purge the result of a vodka gimlet induced brainstorming session to distinguish between 'true Patriot' and 'Red Coat'?
Only 5 seasons with red jerseys since Bob took over.....'02, '09, '10, '11, '12.....and even then red was only worn on limited "Throwback" games.

Maybe his research minions discovered it is more profitable to cater to the bandwagon jumper/Pink Hats instead of diehard Pats Patriot lovers so content to sit on aluminum benches for decades.
And............................ everyone knows red clashes with Pink Hats
Kraft sticks to his guns.

Flying Elvis is the cornerstone of his ownership. Drew Bledsoe is the greatest quarterback in the history of football.

Let's put it this way: In 1979, after folding the Lobsters, Robert Kraft becomes majority partner (instead of Harry Mangurian) of the Celtics.

1976-79 they were disparaged just like the 1990-92 Pats. John Y. Brown was worse than Kiam.

Kraft institutes a new logo and new uniforms.

Auerbach leaves, Bird re-enters the draft, and both go to the Knicks.

After a couple of playoff appearances, in 1983 Kraft makes Joe Barry Carroll the highest paid player in the NBA, comparing him to Bobby Orr, Ted Williams and Bill Russell.

It’s like we had pre-Brady Bledsoe with 40% win rate. Then Brady era with 75% win rate and we changed QB and went back to 40% win rate. Why did we change the winning quarterback?
FIFY

The world has made three (3) seasons [1990-92] define the Patriots' history prior to Kraft.

From 1961-89, with that logo on the helmets, the Patriots had a winning overall record.

In that 3 year period the team had nothing from the quarterback position, paid Hugh Millen a record $1 million, while Flutie was paid a third of that to NOT SURPRISINGLY set rushing and passing records in the CFL that will never be broken, and won six MVP's and three Grey Cups.

Clive Rush? Corrected that with Fairbanks.

Would the National Guard have done anything but laugh if they'd requested help before those Monday night games?

The Victory Tour?

Being competitive with Kiam would not have solved the financial collapse or dissipated eternal, endless denigration of the team, but it would have lessened it.

BTW those empty stands would have been full.

Kiam was a fool.
Selling to kiam is number 1. It plays off of the Sullivan's being the worst owners in football.

The Sullivan's and their dealings with Hannah

Letting Leon gray walk out the door

Selecting Ken Simms with the number 1 overall pick...

So many to choose from

Last edited:
Selling to kiam is number 1. It plays off of the Sullivan's being the worst owners in football.
Billy made some good choices, and some really crappy ones.

At the end, he & Kiam tried to move the franchise to Jacksonville. Ugly.
The Sullivan's and their dealings with Hannah
Cheap at all (least) costs...tone deaf regarding the big picture. Playoff revenue, post season gate receipts - television exposure. It's like they were allergic to success.
Letting Leon gray walk out the door
They traded him to cut payroll. Hannah: "I lost my best friend, and also, I knew then that this ownership was not committed to winning."
Selecting Ken Simms with the number 1 overall pick...
**** Steinberg

I disagreed with the Tony Eason pick. Ron Meyer did, too, but he had no say in drafting.

Meyer was unpopular with the players, and made some boneheaded decisions. But, he did bring Dante Scarnecchia along with him from SMU - that, alone, makes his hiring great. And unlike Tuna, he had a winning record here.

These uniforms would be really nice. I like the current uniforms more than most people here do. Symbolizes a new era (sad to see the last one go but it is what is). But yeah I hate the navy pants for home games. Making them white would make it infinitely better. I'm fine with the road unis

Always liked the idea of white helmets too:

1650332643102.png

@Actual Pats Fan

what do ya think... all reds look good?

Wu9hHSx.jpg

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back