PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Has Nobody Signed Stanley Morgan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAdultintheRoom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Come on, Stanley the Steamer? He's at least a 2. Look at this stat line from 1986:

stanley morgan stats.JPG

Did Brandon Lloyd learn how to be social with his peers yet?

Let’s bring in Steve largent for a work out

He would of fit in so well in this offense. Any offense really.

i think they might be able to get him at a senior discount on the cheap for real.

kudos, came into be amused by this thread thinking it was the young one floating around the league. (No relation ofcourse.)

Why haven’t the Pats signed Gino Cappelletti yet? Just one roster spot and you can solve WR3, place kicker, and punt returner.

How about Dez's cousin? Dez nutz.

while we are it, why don't we sign Sam Bam Cunningham. Do we not need a full back ?

add Harold Jackson while you're at it..

Did Brandon Lloyd learn how to be social with his peers yet?
Lloyd and LaFell must have the elixir because they're 2 guys (in the post 07 pinball offey era)w came in as vet FA and were functional in the offense AND Brady let him in his"circle of trust"...

...kinda like Antonio Brown

There hasn't been a Megatron rumor in ages.

Suspiciously quiet to say.

Tony Eason and Steve Grogan to Stanley Morgan...what a year...i agree...

Can we look at The Rabbit, Randy Vataha? Be good paired with Edelman... He's short but quick

Pretty sure he’s on the bengals roster and the trade deadline is passed...

Lloyd and LaFell must have the elixir because they're 2 guys (in the post 07 pinball offey era)w came in as vet FA and were functional in the offense AND Brady let him in his"circle of trust"...

...kinda like Antonio Brown
It feels as though Mohamed Sanu’s ceiling is Brandon LaFell. I was hoping that it could be Brandon Lloyd. The simple solution may be to find another Brandon.

It feels as though Mohamed Sanu’s ceiling is Brandon LaFell. I was hoping that it could be Brandon Lloyd. The simple solution may be to find another Brandon.

Sanu is a big inside slot guy. LaFell and Lloyd were really more X receivers. So I am not sure I understand what you are comparing here ?

Production ? (LaFell had almost 1000 yards in '14 and more than Lloyd in '12).

It is obviously not a perfect comparison and the positions are different but to me Sanu is much closer in terms of usage to a player like Ertz. Chain mover, intermediate option that gets open quick.

Last edited:
Remember Stanley Morgan well, he was a bright spot in the unsettling times of the 70's and 80's...

Bio from the Pats HOF, to which he was elected in '07...

Stanley Morgan played wide receiver for the Patriots from 1977 to 1989 and hauled in 534 career receptions, a franchise record that stood for 17 years until Troy Brown eclipsed that mark. He remains the franchise record holder with 10,352 receiving yards and is second with 67 touchdowns. His career average of 19.2 yards per catch still stands as an NFL record for those with more than 500 career receptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down