PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How has nobody signed Dez Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to get into position to make said catches, he has to be in the spot Brady expects him to be in when Brady expects him to be there. We saw some misses with Edelman this past week that are good examples of what happens if the receiver is just a split second too late to get to that spot.

Someone obviously hasn't been watching Brady throw the ball this year :D

Nothing to do about those bad throws or miscommunication throws. I’m talking about the ones that hit him in the hands. Maybe it’s information overload and he’s thinking more than playing because he has always had good hands.

Harry is almost same height, 16 pounds heavier, much smaller hands, faster 40 time and much stronger than Michael Thomas.
Thomas' hands are huge for his height

Harry is more like Anquin Boldin tham Michael Thomas

Michael Thomas NFL Combine Scores

Wide Receiver [] Ohio State [] Big Ten Conference [] Division I-FBS

Player Info
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Thomas
Nickname:
Position: Wide Receiver
College: Ohio State
Draft Class: 2016
Draft Age: 23.1
Player Dimensions
Height: 74.75 inches
Weight: 212 pounds
BMI: 27.32
Arm Length: 32.13 inches
Hand Size: 10.50 inches
Front Shoulder: (N/A) inches
Back Shoulder: (N/A) inches
Measurables
40 Yard Dash: 4.57 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 17.9 (MPH)
20 Yard Split: 2.63 seconds
10 Yard Split: 1.55 seconds
Bench Press: 18 reps (225 lb)
Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50)
QB Ball Velocity: (N/A) (MPH)
Vertical Leap: 35.0 inches
Broad Jump: 126 inches
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.13 seconds
Shuttle Split: (N/A) seconds
Three Cone: 6.80 seconds
60 Yd Shuttle: 11.70 seconds
Four Square: (N/A) seconds

N'Keal Harry NFL Combine Scores
Wide Receiver [] Arizona State [] Pac-12 Conference [] Division I-FBS

Player Info
First Name: N'Keal
Last Name: Harry
Nickname:
Position: Wide Receiver
College: Arizona State
Draft Class: 2019
Draft Age: N/A
Player Dimensions
Height: 74.00 inches
Weight: 228 pounds
BMI: 29.98
Arm Length: 33.00 inches
Hand Size: 9.50 inches
Front Shoulder: (N/A) inches
Back Shoulder: (N/A) inches
Measurables
40 Yard Dash: 4.53 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 18.06 (MPH)
20 Yard Split: (N/A) seconds
10 Yard Split: (N/A) seconds
Bench Press: 27 reps (225 lb)
Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50)
QB Ball Velocity: (N/A) (MPH)
Vertical Leap: 38.5 inches
Broad Jump: 122 inches
20 Yd Shuttle: (N/A) seconds
Shuttle Split: (N/A) seconds
Three Cone: (N/A) seconds
60 Yd Shuttle: (N/A) seconds
Four Square: (N/A) seconds

No complaints if Harry turns into a Boldin or a Thomas. Fingers crossed Harry works out and can become our teams next #1!

To be fair, he’s catching the ball with his hands not his ankles. He’s supposed to have great hands too.

In that case whats up with the big let down performance Gronk had in the SB against the Giants ?

Nothing to do about those bad throws or miscommunication throws. I’m talking about the ones that hit him in the hands. Maybe it’s information overload and he’s thinking more than playing because he has always had good hands.

Like the fourth down Brady was late on an then threw it with light speed into him ? Yeah, I guess Sanu could have caught it but at the same time Brady could have made it about 70% easier by throwing earlier and/or putting some touch instead of force on it.

Maybe?

I mean Sanu currently has a 54% catch percentage with the Patriots. And is averaging an astonishingly low 7.4 yards/rec and 4.0 y/tgt. Those are quite possibly the lowest averages ever for a WR with 20+ catches.

Okay a quick search identifies Josh Cribbs(2009) and Early Doucet(2012) as the only WR to have a lower yards/tgt, minimum 20 catches.

I use YPT as the best gauge of a receiver’s impact, and what an amazing stat this is with the Brady/Sanu “connection”. I don’t think it’s possible I could hate that trade any more than I do. Hope this post gets razzed on after Sanu becomes a force in the postseason. Doubt it.

Even before the ankle injury, he had what people are referring to as a “big game” with 10 catches. That was also 84 yards on 14 targets for a YPT of 5.79. And that was about his ceiling there, a guy completely incapable of YAC and at best someone who can occasionally move the chains. 2nd round pick??? This dude is exactly the guy that won’t help us because the worst he can do is pickup an 8 yard gain. Heard so much about how his hands are so great and he catches anything thrown near him. I would have much rather thrown a 2nd round pick away to bring back Danny Amendola.

I'd take a look at Randy Moss as a decoy. If opponents ignore him, throw to him. If he's covered, I bet he can still catch some jump balls in the end zone.

Even before the ankle injury, he had what people are referring to as a “big game” with 10 catches. That was also 84 yards on 14 targets for a YPT of 5.79.

I am sorry but who cares about that ? His job is to move chains and clear up space for others and not to be some statistical marvel. Has he been a slamdunk in that department so far ? Nope. But he also was injured.

This dude is exactly the guy that won’t help us because the worst he can do is pickup an 8 yard gain.

If you were thinking that Sanu would be a vertical player then your disappointment in his stats is actually on you.

He is exactly what the team needs: another reliable option inside so McDaniels can scheme up the MOF with a core trio of Edelman, Sanu and White. A lot of people keep talking about outside help when the bread and butter with Brady/McDaniels will always be in the MOF.

And lets not forget that with Harry and Sanu they also have players that will be able to sustain blocks in the screen/sweep/run game much better than with your Amendolas and Dorsetts.

These days he’s like that crazy chick who is also gross and bad in bed.

Dez has his pick of the litter. The world is wrapped around his finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes