PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How does the 2019 team NOW compare to the 2007 team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I said month or so ago, this team has real potential to be as good as the 2007 team. With Brown signing, I think it could even be better. What do you guys think? I think something really special is brewing in Foxborough this year...

QB - even (Brady is not going throw 50 TDs this year, but I think he's wiser and definitely knows how to take care of his body better)

RB - 2019 (The RB depth is way better. I'll take Michel, White, Burkhead, Harris, Develin, and Bolden over the 2007 version any day)

TE - 2007 (younger Ben Watson is better than the older one)

OL - 2019 (I think the OL is younger than the 2007 OL so I'd give them the edge)

WR - 2019 (2019, not even close)

DL - 2007

LB - 2019

CB - 2019

S - 2007

Coaching - 2019 (only because I think McD is a more seasoned play caller now than he was)

Last edited:
The defense and the running game will be better. Not sure about the offense.

2007’s 315 Point Differential will never be broken imo

perhaps you might be more sure when Gronk talks to his agent (same as AB) and un-retires.

They don’t. They haven’t played a game yet

:D

perhaps you might be more sure when Gronk talks to his agent (same as AB) and un-retires.

Didn’t think he would come back because of the beating he’s taken. However, this may change things as he’s not going to draw the same attention he’s gotten with the talent they’ve added. If just for his blocking he’d be worth it. His receiving would just be an added bonus.

2007’s 315 Point Differential will never be broken imo
God I forgot it was that insane. An average margin of victory of nearly 20 points per game (19.7 to be exact).

To put that in perspective, there were eleven teams in 2007 that didn't even average 19.7 points per game on offense.

2007 team didn’t have any depth.

Brady was better better in ‘07.

Our talent in the passing game probably rivals 2007. Our running game should be better, so our offense should be more versatile. Our defense that year was starting to get old. This year's defense has the potential to be as good.

Brady is older.....Although, Gordon, Brown, Edelman, RB's, and possibly Gronk. I guess we don't know about the offensive line.

Greatest Offensives All Time Points Per Drive (Standard Deviations from Average)

1. 2007 Patriots - +3.30

2. 1998 Vikings - +2.66

3. 2000 Rams - +2.61

4. 2016 Falcons - +2.58

5. 2018 Chiefs - +2.52

like what the actual ****? thats just crazy difference

Offense was better in 2007. Defense will be better in 2019.

On paper this is a team that can realistically expect to lose Gordon & Brown before NOV 11. Hopefully it won’t be the case, but none of us would be shocked.

On paper this is a team that can realistically expect to lose Gordon & Brown before NOV 11. Hopefully it won’t be the case, but none of us would be shocked.

I mean Brown is a good Gordon insurance, and vice versa. I doubt both of them will fall of the wagon...

I said month or so ago, this team has real potential to be as good as the 2007 team. With Brown signing, I think it could even be better. What do you guys think? I think something really special is brewing in Foxborough this year...

QB - even

RB - 2019

TE - 2007

OL - 2019

WR - 2019

DL - 2007

LB - 2019

CB - 2019

S - 2007

Coaching - 2019 (only because I think McD is a more seasoned play caller now than he was)
This 2019 team is undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back