PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Belichick lost his place in posterity

All Brady is saying is he can't coach and Bill can't play. It's the play on the field that determines the outcome of the games.

Belichick: players win games and coaches lose them.

From the horse's mouth:
Belichick wouldn't have had the success without Brady. Of course not!

What I've been saying all along, that Belichick was lucky to have the GOAT QB for so long.

Maybe he should have kept Tom then instead of trying to prove he can win without Tom and having egg on his face.

I bet if BB kept Brady, had 3 more winning seasons WITH Brady, and then kept coaching without Brady with same success as he had as last 4 years, he would have managed to limp to Shula's record.

Bill never cared about posterity.

He just does what he does the best way he sees fit, and he did more excellent, outstanding, exceptional work than the putrid, crappy, terrible...wrong...decisions he also made.

Bill never cared about posterity.

He just does what he does the best way he sees fit, and he did more excellent, outstanding, exceptional work than the putrid, crappy, terrible...wrong...decisions he also made.
Yeah right. That's why he did so many documentaries with NFL Films. Because he doesn't care about posterity............

Yeah right. That's why he did so many documentaries with NFL Films. Because he doesn't care about posterity............
He doesn't.

But he loves football and coaching, and he's happy to do anything related to the game. He's totally aware and appreciative of the career and life he's been able to have in the NFL.

I'm no more cranky about Bill's horrible decisions the last five years than I am about Berry's (Eason) or Parcells' (Bledsoe)

He doesn't.

But he loves football and coaching, and he's happy to do anything related to the game. He's totally aware and appreciative of the career and life he's been able to have in the NFL.

I'm no more cranky about Bill's horrible decisions the last five years than I am about Berry's (Eason) or Parcells' (Bledsoe)

I think he cares about posterity in terms of the history of the game and preserving it for future generations but unlike his detractors I don't think he sweats his place in it all that much. If he did he certainly would have played it safer the past few years.

Last edited:
He doesn't.

The Pats 6 Super Bowl trophies do not happen without Belichick.

The Pats were not a Dallas Cowboys type thing where you could put anybody at HC and win a World Championship.

Why leave? He could have drafted and created a superteam here whenever he wanted but I guess he'd rather work with his pet projects like N'Keal Harry, Rohrwasser and Matt Patricia OC.
Tom answered this. When Brady was asked why no team has repeated as Super Bowl champs since the Patriots in 03/04, he gave another answer that went a bit deeper into the impact that Belichick (obviously) had on the Patriots' success:

“I think what makes it such a challenge, is it’s hard to win one Super Bowl,” Brady said. “There’s salary caps. You just can’t go buy a football team." - Tom Brady

Last edited:
So in other words, they weren't a superteam. They were a very mediocre 7-9.

I know you despise facts but..... Learn the game.
They were a top ten offense the two years prior, they led the entire NFL in passing yards two years in a row, third overall in passing TD's. Arians was also building a top ranked defense with the #1 run defense in the league.

The only reason that team didn't win was Jameis Winston putting up historic turnover numbers. After points, turnovers is the most important stat in football, because it most correlates to points.

They were a superteam everywhere except QB, and they needed a left tackle in that draft.

Last edited:
Maybe he should have kept Tom then instead of trying to prove he can win without Tom and having egg on his face.

I bet if BB kept Brady, had 3 more winning seasons WITH Brady, and then kept coaching without Brady with same success as he had as last 4 years, he would have managed to limp to Shula's record.
Tom was a free agent, he chose to leave. And BB wasn't trying to prove he could win without Tom, he doesn't think like a silly fan on a football forum.

Tom was a free agent, he chose to leave. And BB wasn't trying to prove he could win without Tom, he doesn't think like a silly fan on a football forum.
BB wanted his team back and the plan was for Jimmy to take over, but Thunder told BB to get rid of Jimmy because Brady complained to Thunder. BB handled Brady going over his head to Thunder and dealing Jimmy away very well. IIRC, BB stated "When your boss tells you to do something you follow orders"

Who knows if Jimmy could have won a Super Bowl in NE.

Why there was no QB option in 2020 is perplexing. Acquiring Cam in the 11th hour might have got the Pats into the playoffs, but the WRs and TEs were absolutely putrid beyond Edelman who pulled up lame. Cam was a top 5 rushing QB in 2020 and could have easily broken Grogans rush TD record, but BB would not allow it.

BB wanted his team back and the plan was for Jimmy to take over, but Thunder told BB to get rid of Jimmy because Brady complained to Thunder. BB handled Brady going over his head to Thunder and dealing Jimmy away very well. IIRC, BB stated "When your boss tells you to do something you follow orders"

Who knows if Jimmy could have won a Super Bowl in NE.

Why there was no QB option in 2020 is perplexing. Acquiring Cam in the 11th hour might have got the Pats into the playoffs, but the WRs and TEs were absolutely putrid beyond Edelman who pulled up lame. Cam was a top 5 rushing QB in 2020 and could have easily broken Grogans rush TD record, but BB would not allow it.
This ^ is based on here-say and rumors, when JimmyG was going to be a free agent BB traded him.

They 2020 Patriots were broke, they entered that offseason with the third most dead cap in the league and a roster losing about 11 starters. They weren't going to be good regardless. They weren't going to be good if Tom stayed.

Cam was signed to be the bridge guy to the rookie they inevitably were going to take eventually... Cam was signed for 500K guaranteed... peanuts. The plan was rebuild, if the Pats got CJ Stroud in 2021 instead of Mac they would have contended for a ring immediately, the collaboration missed on the rookie QB... it happens.

Mayo’s warped mind view of his owner “Thunder”. This is why Mayo got the job. Kraft has a “Zeuss complex”

1712495673742.jpeg

Bill was wearing his UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON hoodie while being the key note speaker there and assisting his son Steve.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back