PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How bad is this O-line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony has not helped at all.

First hint of contact and he goes down like a lead balloon.
I like Sony but Chubb is beginning to look like a factor back for Cleveland.

Thank you. I have only seen on of that brand in xxl, but I know of others that are just as nice.

I was going to spoil myself.

We all know that we are 0-5 and this O-line is the worst in team history. With that said, this is an absolutely stunning statistic. Tom Brady is the least hit QB in the league thus far. To be fair, I have not seen stats on total pressures as of yet. That would be interesting.

From what I see, we rank about 12th overall in the league and have given up 8 sacks with an adjusted sack rate of 5.6%. Brady said that other day that the O-line is playing well and many laughed at him. The reality is that this piecemeal line is playing way above expectations for QB protection. The flaw obviously is the running game with with an average of 3.65 ypc, but this should improve as the season goes on as Dante gets them coached up. The biggest O-line flaw thus far has been Right Tackle, which ranks 18th in the league.

How bad is this O-line?

Twerntn too Shure

Pretty bad.

Cleveland has an O line.

Everything you don't like about Michel can be attributed to the OL.

I'm gonna change the question after watching the 1st 6 games. How good is our Defense?

Their pass protection is pretty good. Their run blocking is really, really, really bad. For everyone complaining about Sony, direct them to the O-Line and TE's. He's no Lynch, which is not a knock against Sony - they're just two different kind of backs.

We need Izzo out and Watson in ...
Izzo couldn't block my grand daughter.

Everything you don't like about Michel can be attributed to the OL.
The lack of breakaway home run hitting speed once he reaches the second level isn't on the OL.

The lack of breakaway home run hitting speed once he reaches the second level isn't on the OL.

I agree he doesn't have elite top end speed, but that lack only presents itself when he finally has room to run. It has nothing to do with his struggles so far this year.

That is not the mark of a good RB. Ya, its cool to have, but that has nothing to do with the poor blocking this far.

We need Izzo out and Watson in ...
Izzo couldn't block my grand daughter.

Imagine Ben watching tonight's game at home, and trying not to cuss about the TEs in front of his family...

I agree he doesn't have elite top end speed, but that lack only presents itself when he finally has room to run. It has nothing to do with his struggles so far this year.
I'm not blaming Sony for the poor performances of the OL, at all.

That is not the mark of a good RB. Ya, its cool to have, but that has nothing to do with the poor blocking this far.
Finishing for the score is the mark of a good RB.

Imagine Ben watching tonight's game at home, and trying not to cuss about the TEs in front of his family...
He has 7 kids under the age of 10 ... absolutely.

I'm not blaming Sony for the poor performances of the OL, at all.

Finishing for the score is the mark of a good RB.

Yes, behind an O-line that blocks well. Just like last year. I think it is so stupid to complain that Sony now stinks when it is not him. This line will come together.

Yes, behind an O-line that blocks well. Just like last year. I think it is so stupid to complain that Sony now stinks when it is not him. This line will come together.
I'm not complaining about Sony...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore