PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How bad could this injury be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got home from work and went to the Boston Globe site and saw the headline "Sore Shoulder Sidelines Brady" and my first thought was "ohhhh s*it"

At least there is a little over 2 weeks for him to heal it.

Last edited:
I'm sure Mike Bishop could be lured away from the CFL :D

Ever get that punched in the gut feeling? I wish he would have talked after the game and downplayed it at least.

Ever get that punched in the gut feeling? I wish he would have talked after the game and downplayed it at least.

Maybe it's a mind game being played by BB to keep ppl guessing, like the Bills for instance.

Playing along, I don't think we'd go 11-5 this year with no Brady
But that's exactly what I meant. After Brady went down last year you probably didn't think we'd go 11-5 either. Point is, the team is more than Brady, though I wasn't speaking to you as much as the guys who said they'd stop following the Pats if Brady went down or that our season would be over.

But that's exactly what I meant. After Brady went down last year you probably didn't think we'd go 11-5 either. Point is, the team is more than Brady, though I wasn't speaking to you as much as the guys who said they'd stop following the Pats if Brady went down or that our season would be over.

Few did but some of us absolutely did. We saw more in Cassel than the kneejerks who wanted to ship him to Walmart becase the first string offense was playing like crap throughout the pre season.

What we are seeing here is different. KOC isn't ready. Leading first stringers or second stringers. He's making mistakes. He admitted that he was trying to make a play on the second pick. That is the poor decision making bug-a-boo that BB abhors. He struggled with his mechanics and his accuracy went to hell (poise crumbling under pressure). He's still trying to move the chains when he needs to be just trying to execute the offense. Too early to say if Walter could do better but it's interesting that he was tapped for the 2 minute drill at the end of the game (which the return made moot as Chung landed them in FG range out of the gate).

I think Brady will be fine. Sore maybe but he has two weeks to treat that. He knows his body and if there was something to be truly concerned about he'd have been off that field ASAP and would not have come back for the warmup prior to the 3rd quarter. They were appropriately conservative and didn't send him back in, but they did get him back out and warming as he would be in week 1. Trouble is some of the new additions need more time with him and it's running out. And we don't have a 4th year backup taking all the snaps in preseason and performing far better than the kneejerks realized waiting in the wings. And the backups we do have aren't getting time with the full complement of starters, most of whom Brady is already on the same page as (compared to the new additions) because BB is clearly managing some of his vets cautiously this TC and pre season. This is clearly a top 3 offense with Brady this season, but the defense is in substantial transition and will likely need that just at least early on to get to double digit wins.

did anyone else see Kevin O connell??? Please dear lord, bring back Brady healthy...

Yeah, the bum looks as horrible as Matt Cassel looked last year in pre-season.....

Weeeeereeeeee dooooooooooommmmmmmmmed!

Assuming it's not the worst injury(torn rotator cuff) what's the recovery time for a separated shoulder?
It depends on the degree of separation. Could be as little as a couple of weeks rest, which would have him ready week 1. But AC joint ("separated shoulder") was my initial guess, after seeing the replay. I don't know much about rotator cuffs; I've had the AC joint injury and surgical repair years later to clean out the joint and resurface the bone. From my standpoint the AC joint is the least scary possibility.

Realistically, our Super Bowl hopes would be over.

It could be a blessing in disguise...

Maybe even better if he is out for week one. The Patriots are favored everywhere...a bit of early season adversity could be very good for this year's team. Tom is a tough guy (which he has proven over the years). This isn't season ending, so he WILL be playing. But...like I said...it may not be a bad thing for him to be injured early.

It could be a blessing in disguise...

Maybe even better if he is out for week one. The Patriots are favored everywhere...a bit of early season adversity could be very good for this year's team. Tom is a tough guy (which he has proven over the years). This isn't season ending, so he WILL be playing. But...like I said...it may not be a bad thing for him to be injured early.

Don't do crack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes