PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about a shout out for Dennard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alfonzo Dennard deserves more recognition

Yeah, as long as Dennard serves his 37 days in jail, along with the actual completion of his probation (very important), we can then say that we got a helluva steal by taking him in the 7th round.

He has got to get free and clear of that probation sentence, as that specific judge has promised him that he will get absolutely zero chances from here on out. One more scuff up and he serves a few yrs in jail.

I expect him to be fine.

Yeah, he could have an alcoholism problem we don't know about, or he could just be a screw-up. But I think he'll be OK.

Hopefully, he treats himself going forward as having been exiled from the state of Nebraska. (I checked -- it seems he grew up in Rochelle, GA, wherever that is.)

Who isn't giving Dennard the recognition he deserves? Most Patsfans posters have been in tantric heaven with the grouping of Talib, Dennard, Arrington and Ryan.

Few Patriots receive the national recognition they deserve unless some media scribe takes a liking to them and pushes them by way of television or print.

I expect him to be fine.

Yeah, he could have an alcoholism problem we don't know about, or he could just be a screw-up. But I think he'll be OK.

Hopefully, he treats himself going forward as having been exiled from the state of Nebraska. (I checked -- it seems he grew up in Rochelle, GA, wherever that is.)

I believe that he has a serious girlfriend who lives right in the heart of Lincoln.

Hopefully, he does the right thing and gets her a brand new car and a better place outside of that damn town....

As far as his legal problems, I honestly couldn't care less if he is an alcoholic or a screw up (strictly from a football standpoint anyway). We just have to hope that he can get off of this specific probation sentence. If he gets into the slightest bit of trouble while on this specific sentence, he'll change the rest of his life in an extremely dramatic fashion.

If he gets into "new" trouble a year or two from now once he's off this probation, then he'll still be more than fine. In the meantime, we've got to hope like hell that he can complete this sentence out. Then he can live it up....shoot guns, blow coke, swap hookers---whatever floats his boat, I suppose. I don't care, but he's got to get out of this jam as soon as he can with this judge, or he'll be going to jail for the original charge of assaulting an officer. That will drastically change the course of his life.

I love Dennard as a #2 DB, he is actually better than anything we had as #1 corner since Law left and Talib joined. Even on the TD pass he was in great position grabbed the arm and the guy hung on 1 handed wasn't much more he could of dine there.

His cousin is pretty good too.

Not going to slobber all over the guy for having a good game versus the Colts but yes he has been quite good. A great pick for a seventh rounder (though I think it had to do w/off the field issues which he is still dealing with). Very solid in man to man coverage.

I would look at his entire career he has been good across the board. This season Dennard was thrown at 77 times he allowed 36 completions for a 46.75% completion percentage, 563 receiving yards, 3 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 10 pass defended, and 0 penalties.

His entire season was very good and he was very good as a rookie last season. Like I said in my OP his off field issues distract from his outstanding on field performance which is a shame because if not for them I think he would be held in a much higher regard.

Who isn't giving Dennard the recognition he deserves? Most Patsfans posters have been in tantric heaven with the grouping of Talib, Dennard, Arrington and Ryan.

Few Patriots receive the national recognition they deserve unless some media scribe takes a liking to them and pushes them by way of television or print.

He doesn’t get a lot of mention most of the talk is about Talib, McCourty and Ryan this year, granted those 3 certainly merit it. When I watch Dennard play I wonder if he is the best 1on1 man-to-man corner on the team, Talib is a better complete corner but Dennard really excels, even when he gets beat he is draped on the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye