PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Horrendous late hit call on Allen (sideline)

Also happened on the Bills sideline where douche Mcd was calling all of the penalties

The officiating this season has been awful. I’m still fuming over that non call earlier in the season when Mac was popped a good 3 seconds after the refs whistled the play dead.
Yup. What game was that?

If QB is a runner and is in bounds then the defender is entitled to stop them reaching for a down marker. If you want to stop these scenarios occurring then as soon as the QB is on or over the side line then the play should be called dead...similar to taking a slide.

If QB is a runner and is in bounds then the defender is entitled to stop them reaching for a down marker. If you want to stop these scenarios occurring then as soon as the QB is on or over the side line then the play should be called dead...similar to taking a slide.

Yeah, and I don't understand the consistency with regard to touchdowns, either. Players are being given scores if either the ball gets over the line or touches a pilon, or their feet do. There have been players run to the corner of the end zone, get their feet in, holding the ball so that it never gets across the line, and called a TD. Which is it? The ball or the player's body?

Beyond awful call. It's literally in the rules that Allen isn't out of bound until his foot touches the line. He could still throw a lateral pass at the point where Bryant touched him and the ball would have been in play. That was literally just playing defense. I hope the ref that threw the flag gets an earful about this.

Beyond awful call. It's literally in the rules that Allen isn't out of bound until his foot touches the line. He could still throw a lateral pass at the point where Bryant touched him and the ball would have been in play. That was literally just playing defense. I hope the ref that threw the flag gets an earful about this.
his ears were full with McDermott crying all night long for flags, he got one there

Either way, good on Bryant for playing his assignment. Can't quite put my finger on why but something about Bryant keeps reminding me of Patrick Chung.

When a QB slides they spot the ball where the slide started should be similar application here if you get within x feet of the sideline it should get spotted where you started and not let them go further it's a safety rule and they should not be allowed to take advantage of it.

Mahomes is disgusting with his abuse of the QB protection rules on the sideline. He'll go to the sideline, then act like he's slowing down to trot out of bounds, so the defender honors that and backs off, then he does as sharp cut and sprints up the sideline for more yards

I'd just have someone put an end to that with a vicious hit, even if its a late hit that gets them ejected... Just completely annihilate him and put him in rehab for a few months, that should put an end to that bull**** practice

Mobile QB’s do that all the time by acting like they are going out of bounds, only to turn upfield on the sidelines.
Speaking of QBs faking going out of bounds, did any of you see the Pitt QB fake the slide? Kenny Pickett faked a slide against Wake and ended up taking it to the house. I am sure the CF rules committee will address this.

Defensive players have had everything taken away from then, if QBs can fake things like this and going out of bounds, they are going to get other QBs that are really sliding get killed and defensive kicked out of games!

That was a completely embarrassing call by those officials. That whole officiating crew should donate their checks to charity!
That crew should be forced to watch the Kordell Stewart TD in the playoffs. The film doesn't show that the last player with a chance to stop him held back because he didn't want a late hit penalty.

Did anybody notice a clear hold prior to this which helped Allen to roll out? because of this awful call the previous part of the play was never replayed. But I clearly saw a hold there..

This is ridiculous. I hate when QBs become runners to begin with because I think the QB rules should be designed to protect them from being sitting ducks; if they're going to run around for yardage, they can slide. Otherwise, provided they're not actually out of bounds, they're runners. And it's not like this was some cheap shot.

The part that really infuriates me: he's extending the ball out and trying to stay in bounds to gain extra yardage.

If you notice Bryant's foot is out of bounds before he makes contact with Allen. Maybe that's why they called the personal foul, since Bryant is now pushing while he's OOB. Would need to look at the rules (I won't) to see if an OOB player can tackle one that's in bounds. Idk

Bryant is already OOB and he's yet to make contact with Allen.

1638979780002.png

Bryant is already OOB and he's yet to make contact with Allen.

View attachment 38513
Doesn't matter. Allen's not out yet because he hasn't touched down out of bounds, and the D can go out of bounds, the ball is just dead if they gain possession of it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back