PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hornetfb's Offseason Plan

hornetfb85

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I will begin by saying this will be nowhere near what is done. Also will say I am no expert but will give my opinion, which is not worth much.

To begin with after looking over the roster and Miguel's salary pages this is what I came up with. My roster cuts, like several have suggested, would include Cannon, Chandler, LaFell and Dobson. This would leave us with around 22-24 million in cap space. (I will not pretend to act like I know how contracts work but that seems like a good amount for what we need)

After those cuts I see our roster openings as: 2 DT, LB, CB, S, RB, FB, WR, TE, and 2 OT.

*I see one of the DT spots going to Hicks, Siliga, or C. Jones.
*Ebner back at S.
*Develin back at FB

Probably go after a RB, and a depth CB in free agency.

Then our draft could (probably not) look something like this (also not sure on all comp picks):
2nd: Sheldon Day DT
3rd: Tyler Matakevich LB
3rd: Kyle Murphy OT
4th: Tajae Sharpe WR
6th: Henry Krieger Coble TE
7th: Brandon Shell OT

My plan is based more on filling out the roster but like I said, it's just my opinion.

Last edited:
There is absolute no way that I would use our first 2 picks on defensive players; not this year.

Edit: Let me rephrase. I would be very, very hesitant to use either of our first 2 picks on defensive players
this year, if the value is similar.

Last edited:
There is absolute no way that I would use our first 2 picks on defensive players; not this year.

The Pats have two thirds (3.29 and 3.34), so I'm OK with one of the three, but I want to see at least two on offense.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back