PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hornetfb's Offseason Plan

hornetfb85

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I will begin by saying this will be nowhere near what is done. Also will say I am no expert but will give my opinion, which is not worth much.

To begin with after looking over the roster and Miguel's salary pages this is what I came up with. My roster cuts, like several have suggested, would include Cannon, Chandler, LaFell and Dobson. This would leave us with around 22-24 million in cap space. (I will not pretend to act like I know how contracts work but that seems like a good amount for what we need)

After those cuts I see our roster openings as: 2 DT, LB, CB, S, RB, FB, WR, TE, and 2 OT.

*I see one of the DT spots going to Hicks, Siliga, or C. Jones.
*Ebner back at S.
*Develin back at FB

Probably go after a RB, and a depth CB in free agency.

Then our draft could (probably not) look something like this (also not sure on all comp picks):
2nd: Sheldon Day DT
3rd: Tyler Matakevich LB
3rd: Kyle Murphy OT
4th: Tajae Sharpe WR
6th: Henry Krieger Coble TE
7th: Brandon Shell OT

My plan is based more on filling out the roster but like I said, it's just my opinion.

Last edited:
There is absolute no way that I would use our first 2 picks on defensive players; not this year.

Edit: Let me rephrase. I would be very, very hesitant to use either of our first 2 picks on defensive players
this year, if the value is similar.

Last edited:
There is absolute no way that I would use our first 2 picks on defensive players; not this year.

The Pats have two thirds (3.29 and 3.34), so I'm OK with one of the three, but I want to see at least two on offense.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back