PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hopkins Headed to Tennessee

@Wozzy do we have an ETA on this very simple top 10 list? Can I expect it today? Tomorrow? Over the weekend? Within 7-10 business days?

@Wozzy do we have an ETA on this very simple top 10 list? Can I expect it today? Tomorrow? Over the weekend? Within 7-10 business days?
When did I promise you a top ten list or anything? I showed you time stamped evidence of me calling our TE's "superweapons" long before they became Patriots. That sucks for you... now you need "a top ten list." Lists are dumb...

I already slaughtered you on this subject weeks ago when you suggested Kyle Pitts was great (he is), then I pointed out how he only had 356 yards receiving last year and I asked you if it was because of his talent or his horrid QB situation.... and you disappeared instantly.

Now you reappear weeks later and want to revive the debate by creating idiotic hoops for me to jump through.

Answer the original question or shove your questions where the sun don't shine.

Kyle Pitts went from 1026 yards receiving in 2021 to 356 yards receiving in 2022, was it because his talent failed him like levels on a video game or did the offense, QB, coach and overall situation change around him?

Don't chicken out and disappear from this thread for weeks. I've been waiting that long...

Last edited:
When did I promise you a top ten list or anything? I showed you time stamped evidence of me calling our TE's "superweapons" long before they became Patriots. That sucks for you... now you need "a top ten list." Lists are dumb...

I already slaughtered you on this subject weeks ago when you suggested Kyle Pitts was great (he is), then I pointed out how he only had 356 yards receiving last year and I asked you if it was because of his talent or his horrid QB situation.... and you disappeared instantly.

Now you reappear weeks later and want to revive the debate by creating idiotic hoops for me to jump through.

Answer the original question or shove your questions where the sun don't shine.

Kyle Pitts went from 1026 yards receing in 2021 to 356 yards receiving in 2022, was it because his talent failed him like levels on a video game or did the offense, QB, coach and overall situation change around him?

Don't chicken out and disappear from this thread for weeks. I've been waiting that long...
I still don’t see a top 10 TEs ranking that shows where Henry or Gesicki (great TEs, in your words) are on the list. Is there a reason you’re not providing this list if they truly are “great” TEs?

Also, please show me where I said Kyle Pitts was “great.” Quote that post.

Pitts had 356 yards receiving and 2 TD's last year... was it Pitts or his situation? :rofl:
Here's me asking you the question ten days ago... it was right before you disappeared like a ghost.

I still don’t see a top 10 TEs ranking that shows where Henry or Gesicki (great TEs, in your words) are on the list. Is there a reason you’re not providing this list if they truly are “great” TEs?

Also, please show me where I said Kyle Pitts was “great.” Quote that post.
Top ten based on what?

Production? Athleticism? Best situation?

Lists are dumb, mental masturbation for small minds... but at least provide some parameters?

giphy.gif

Top ten based on what?

Production? Athleticism? Best situation?

Lists are dumb, mental masturbation for small minds... but at least provide some parameters?
Just your top 10 TEs in the NFL. I’ll start for you:

1) Travis Kelce

Now go from there and show me where Gesicki and Henry are. This isn’t that difficult, boss. It should take you all of two minutes.

They actually died waiting for you to give us your Top 10 TEs in the NFL to buttress your “two great TEs” point.

Just your top 10 TEs in the NFL. I’ll start for you:

1) Travis Kelce

Now go from there and show me where Gesicki and Henry are. This isn’t that difficult, boss. It should take you all of two minutes.
So production?

I already asked you this question ten days ago and you couldn't adhere to your own logic.

Do receiving weapons throw to themselves, is Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing half as many targets to Gesicki behind a porous offensive line and a sub par coordinator calling the plays as good as Mahomes, Reid and the most expensive line in the league throwing to Kelce?

You insist QB's have magic powers... except when it comes to our TE's... then they are judged solely on their own merits. Laughable.

I don't need to provide you with a top ten list of productive TE's in 2022, PFR does it for you already.

This doesn't measure how "great" a receiving weapon is at all. Was Randy Moss a worse talent in 2006 than he was in 2007?

I asked you about Pitts and you disappeared from this thread... the question was answered when you chickened out.

So production?

I already asked you this question ten days ago and you couldn't adhere to your own logic.

Do receiving weapons throw to themselves, is Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing half as many targets to Gesicki behind a porous offensive line and a sub par coordinator calling the plays as good as Mahomes, Reid and the most expensive line in the league throwing to Kelce?

You insist QB's have magic powers... except when it comes to our TE's... then they are judged solely on their own merits. Laughable.

I don't need to provide you with a top ten list of productive TE's in 2022, PFR does it for us already.

This doesn't measure how "great" a receiving weapon is at all. Was Randy Moss a worse talent in 2006 than he was in 2007?

I asked you about Pitts and you disappeared from this thread... the question was answered when you chickened out.
That’s phenomenal. It’s rife with logical fallacies, but phenomenal nonetheless.

Let’s see your top 10 TEs. Where are Gesicki and Henry on that list? Here… I’ll make it easier for you. Rank order them based on any parameter you wish.

That’s phenomenal. It’s rife with logical fallacies, but phenomenal nonetheless.

Let’s see your top 10 TEs. Where are Gesicki and Henry on that list? Here… I’ll make it easier for you. Rank order them based on any parameter you wish.
That’s your con, dodge a question for ten days then come back with a question.

You can’t even defend your silly “QB’s are magic” position now because then you’d have to admit Mahomes is far superior to Fitzpatrick.

Kyle Pitts didn’t lose his ability to play TE from one year to the next… his QB sucked and so did that offense.

Nite nite…

That’s your con, dodge a question for ten days then come back with a question.

You can’t even defend your silly “QB’s are magic” position now because then you’d have to admit Mahomes is far superior to Fitzpatrick.

Kyle Pitts didn’t lose his ability to play TE from one year to the next… his QB sucked and so did that offense.

Nite nite…
I’m beginning to think you can’t rank the top 10 TEs because then you’d have to admit that you were a bit to effusive in your praise for Gesicki and Henry. I would think that would be easier to admit than… whatever it is you’re trying to do here… but I’m not you (thankfully). Otherwise, a simple exercise that should only take two minutes of your time, tops, shouldn’t be that hard to complete. I even let you use any parameter you’d like when you rank them.

I’ll give you one more shot before concluding what everyone else reading this back-and-forth has already concluded - that you don’t even believe they’re “great” yourself. Here’s your last shot - give us your top 10 TEs using any parameter you’d like to use in order to solidify your point. If you can’t do that, the only logical conclusion is that they aren’t “great TEs,” and that you made a mistake in doing so.

So let’s see it.

I’m beginning to think you can’t rank the top 10 TEs because then you’d have to admit that you were a bit to effusive in your praise for Gesicki and Henry. I would think that would be easier to admit than… whatever it is you’re trying to do here… but I’m not you (thankfully). Otherwise, a simple exercise that should only take two minutes of your time, tops, shouldn’t be that hard to complete. I even let you use any parameter you’d like when you rank them.

I’ll give you one more shot before concluding what everyone else reading this back-and-forth has already concluded - that you don’t even believe they’re “great” yourself. Here’s your last shot - give us your top 10 TEs using any parameter you’d like to use in order to solidify your point. If you can’t do that, the only logical conclusion is that they aren’t “great TEs,” and that you made a mistake in doing so.

So let’s see it.
I don’t create “lists,” I rank draft prospects based on athleticism and college production. Even then nothing is assumed with rookies.

Gesicki and Henry have shown beyond a doubt that they can play TE in the NFL. Their talent doesn’t come and go because humans aren’t characters in a video game. The only thing that changes (assuming health) are the conditions around them.

A top ten list of production doesn’t tell us anything except the TE’s in the top ten probably possess great or at least good athleticism, have shown they can play and are in an optimal situation offensively.

In other words, your question is bullsht.

It’s pretty simple, I asked you a question so simple a ten year old could understand it ten days ago and you disappeared.

I’ve noticed after decades of talking sports online that posters who throw terms like “straw man” and “logical fallacies” around because they think it sounds smart enough to fool the average reader. When in reality it’s because they can’t debate their own position and it has become untenable… it’s an evasion. Which is what you’re doing now.

You’re a con man, like most negative nancy’s here. The list of most productive TE’s in 2022 is on PFR… Kyle Pitts isn’t on that list. If you think he isn’t “great” you should probably go talk about basketweaving or something you can actually understand… because it isn’t football.

I don’t create “lists,” I rank draft prospects based on athleticism and college production. Even then nothing is assumed with rookies.

Gesicki and Henry have shown beyond a doubt that they can play TE in the NFL. Their talent doesn’t come and go because humans aren’t characters in a video game. The only thing that changes assuming health are the conditions around them.

A top ten list of production doesn’t tell us anything except the TE’s in the top ten probably possess great or at least good athleticism, have shown they can play and are in an optimal situation offensively.

In other words, your question is bullsht.

It’s pretty simple, I asked you a question so simple a ten year old could understand it ten days ago and you disappeared.

I’ve noticed after decades of talking sports online that posters who throw terms like “straw man” and “logical fallacies” around because they think it sounds smart enough to fool the average reader. When in reality it’s because they can’t debate their own position and it has become untenable… it’s an evasion. Which is what you’re doing now.

You’re a con man, like most negative nancy’s here. The list of most productive TE’s in 2022 is on PFR… Kyle Pitts isn’t on that list. If you think he isn’t “great” you should probably go talk about basketweaving or something you can actually understand… because it isn’t football.
So… no list. Just that both players have shown that they can play TE in the NFL. I agree there. That doesn’t make them “great” TEs.

We can now conclude that you don’t even believe they are “great TEs.” In the future, it might just be easier to say you misspoke. Especially about a topic as simple and unimportant as football. Just doing that will save you a lot of time and frustration. This isn’t life or death here. We aren’t changing the world. It’s just football.

I’m glad that we agree that neither is a “great TE,” though. I will say that we have one of the better TE rooms in the NFL. But neither are great. If they were, you could put together a top 10 list and put them into the top 3 without even breaking a sweat or worrying about being laughed at on the Internet.

I’d have more respect for Wozzy (meaning some quantity above zero) if he ranked the TEs and put Henry at around 12-15 and Gesicki around 20-25. Exaggerating and saying they’re great is one thing but everyone has some bias and tries to make a point.

That approach - admitting you exaggerated but at least demonstrating competence - is much better than what he’s choosing to do instead: deconstructing the entire notion of lists, hierarchies, ranking systems, weighted data comparisons, etc., the type of higher level cognitive abilities which separate humans from primates.

Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Goedert, Hockenson, Knox, Waller, Freieurmuth, Schulz, Pitts/Engram. Not ranked, but essentially there's 11 men, if we're being objective, you'd put above HH and/or Gesicki. Doesn't mean these two couldn't have productive seasons or be quality tight ends, but I'm not sure what metric propels either in the top 10. I like gesicki a lot, but I couldn't stretch him to the top 10.

So… no list. Just that both players have shown that they can play TE in the NFL. I agree there. That doesn’t make them “great” TEs.

We can now conclude that you don’t even believe they are “great TEs.” In the future, it might just be easier to say you misspoke. Especially about a topic as simple and unimportant as football. Just doing that will save you a lot of time and frustration. This isn’t life or death here. We aren’t changing the world. It’s just football.

I’m glad that we agree that neither is a “great TE,” though. I will say that we have one of the better TE rooms in the NFL. But neither are great. If they were, you could put together a top 10 list and put them into the top 3 without even breaking a sweat or worrying about being laughed at on the Internet.

Both would make good second option TEs if we still had Gronk. Henry is what they wanted from Chandler in 2015 (but not at the level of Bennett was he was healthy in 2016). Henry is a competent starter and does adequately…if they had a real stud out there drawing doubles he’d be more efficient. He’s an average starting TE, which makes him one of the 20 best TEs on the planet, which is impressive from that standpoint. From another standpoint, he’s playing against linebackers and safeties who are also among the top players on the planet. They also are good enough to play defense at an all-world NFL level. Henry lacks the speed (Waller), maneuverability (Kelce), and raw power (Kittle) to separate himself from the pack in any single ability. He does everything adequately but it stops there.

Fans are going to turn on Gesicki quickly. He’s the guy who is always “almost a breakout player” as he has the size and athleticism but something is off with his intangibles. It’s like he was born with a TE body but without any instincts and is playing the wrong sport. Hard to explain but it will make sense when he gets some playing time.

We can conclude you’re not only disingenuous but cowardly for ducking the Kyle Pitts question for ten days then reappearing and insisting I provide you with a list.

Again you’re a con man, a BS artist. Gesicki and Henry both qualify as great TE’s who have played in sub optimal conditions. You won’t even admit Marcus Mariota sucks and that’s why Kyle Pitts production tanked in 2022. Laughable…

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back