PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hopkins Headed to Tennessee

359486092_10210594071285994_5880299342027816013_n.jpg

Hopkins would have been a great morale boost... for the fans. But that's it - the fans. Probably not on the field, or the overall growth of the team.
Hopkins on this team immediately becomes the #1 WR, which perfectly positions Juju at #2. With all due respect, you - and several other members of this forum - are making a fools of yourselves suggesting he doesn't help on the field. Immensely.

Last edited:
I don’t think people are acting like BoB is on par with a Bill Walsh or Andy Reid as examples. I think the consensus is that he’s better than Patricia. Of course it comes down to players executing. The OC can only do so much. The hope is that better playcalling and the players feeling more comfortable with BoB at the helm leads to more success offensively.

I think it's that Patricia was so bad and incompetent that hiring a real OC it has to be better. Another Bill decision that could've been avoided...

If we missed out on Hopkins because we low balled him when he had the money for a better offer then that's piss poor. Teams throughout the conference are making bold moves, and getting better, so if we're not when we have the means to do so then you have to question what the hell they're thinking in Foxboro.
What people aren't talking about is d hop also choose to sign with Tennessee over KC and Buffalo as well...

I knew D hop wasn't going to sign once he left here without a contract!

What people aren't talking about is d hop also choose to sign with Tennessee over KC and Buffalo as well...

I knew D hop wasn't going to sign once he left here without a contract!

KC and Buffalo had no money to offer him though. And honestly don't have a need.

Patriots had both. And just refused to pay. He would be here if they matched. If the reports are $4million base and then incentives is true that's just pathetic. Don't even bring him in.

When we are willing to pay Jonnu smith 4 years $50million when his best year was 500yards and Agholor who was an average receiver the same.

I question Bills roster decisions. Honestly since 2018 Bill has made some very poor decisions.

KC and Buffalo had no money to offer him though. And honestly don't have a need.

Patriots had both. And just refused to pay. He would be here if they matched. If the reports are $4million base and then incentives is true that's just pathetic. Don't even bring him in.

When we are willing to pay Jonnu smith 4 years $50million when his best year was 500yards and Agholor who was an average receiver the same.

I question Bills roster decisions. Honestly since 2018 Bill has made some very poor decisions.
I hear ya.. but the fact is they both offered him contracts.. obviously he went where the money was I don't blame him.

I definitely agree the smith contract was just ridiculous Jonathan Jones who plays defense had more TDs than Smith did in 2 seasons.

D hop was here for 2 days... once he left without a deal signed I knew he likely wouldn't be here. Definitely some questionable roster decisions no argument there.

amazes me people have concluded that Hopkins is washed up or injury prone

courtesy of ESPN;

View attachment 51678

He's played in virtually every single game in his career until 2021 when he tore his ACL, then missed time in 2022 due to suspension

other than that he's been as consistent and elite a WR as you could ask for

doesnt matter anymore... now ill hold out hope that we aggressively go after one of the big FA WRs next year
Screenshot_20230618_050122_Chrome.jpg

Nashville is where you find mysterious strangers in cowboy hats, many of whom are washed up star receivers on the Titans roster but buried in the depth chart.

I’m actually glad as I feel like Hopkins is on the downside of his career ….. he struggled last year, and I really feel like he is in for some very mediocre numbers in Tennessee… We shall see
God if what he did was a struggle last year I hope every Pats WR struggles this season.

I’m actually glad as I feel like Hopkins is on the downside of his career ….. he struggled last year, and I really feel like he is in for some very mediocre numbers in Tennessee… We shall see
He "struggled" last year? He played half a season and still had more receiving yards than any Patriot player except Jakobi - whom he fell short of by only 90 yards.

I wish we had a WR who "struggled" that much.

I’ll say this. If Boutte or Douglas would’ve missed the cut due to a numbers game with Dhop and caught on and thrived somewhere else that would’ve hurt us a lot more than missing out on Dhop.
Um... which has a better chance of happening? We cut Boutte or Douglas (which may still happen anyway) and they "thrive" elsewhere or Hopkins would have been a major lift for Mac and the offense?

Thought he’d maybe try to be on a contender, but clearly cash was king.

its not that he signed with Tennesee that bothers me, its that it was only for $13million a year. $12million this year.

Bill paid Agholor $12million, Jonnu smith $12million. But wont extend himself for Deandre Hopkins? The way Bill is handling this team is a joke. He's operating like Tom Brady is still on the team. how is it teams have $40million quarterbacks and can pay players?

You look at the dolphins who go out and get their QB Tyreek hill and they improve. Then on the other hand you have Bill bargain basement shopping giving his QB Defensive coordinators and

Unless Bill lucks into a GOAT QB we are going to be a middling team the rest of his career with his philosophy on roster building.
You are right that’s why after this year it’s time for Bill to go

He "struggled" last year? He played half a season and still had more receiving yards than any Patriot player except Jakobi - whom he fell short of by only 90 yards.

I wish we had a WR who "struggled" that much.
Yeah his statement was beyond dumb lol, ignorance of some fans here is laughable

Other than Hopkins has shown no indication of decline, he didn't struggle last year, and he's likely to put up at least decent numbers for the Titans, you're right, we shall see.

For me ... I look at it this way ... Patriot's focus needs to be possession ...
chewing up clock. ...Great focus on defense ... the old bend don't break.

We cannot go into any AFC East game trying to outscore our rivals.
If we can hold them below 28 points we have a chance.

So I say my opinion working my way to Hopkins. ...
Sure would have been nice to have him.
But do we win 1` more game with him ... score an extra TD or FG?

I am not so sure ... Mac Jones is not going to be a gunslinger in the Obie offense.

Um... which has a better chance of happening? We cut Boutte or Douglas (which may still happen anyway) and they "thrive" elsewhere or Hopkins would have been a major lift for Mac and the offense?
Did I not put in the word IF as to apply a hypothetical scenario? Or did I say which has a better chance of happening? Of course any betting man would choose Dhop over a 6th rounder even if you’re getting 1 good year out of him. All I’m saying if that 6th rounder is cut in a numbers crunch, catches on somewhere else and becomes a stud that will end up hurting us worse than not having Hopkins for 1-2 years due to age and overall cost.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back