SOURCE:Providence Journal

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Panthers
Fri
Aug 24th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Another Strong Showing
After Tom Brady went out and played Brady-esque, the Patriots defense stole the show again on Thursday night in their win over Philadelphia.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Hopes For Next Year??????

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Yorkshire Pat, Feb 7, 2018.

1. ScottishPatriots

ScottishPatriots In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,724
    As long as Brady is here you have hope, when he's gone you're just another franchise.

The Patriots are a free agent location on favorable contracts because of Tom Brady just like the Broncos were with Peyton Manning and as soon as he's gone they're not anymore.

I expect the team to be good again next year.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018

2. patriot1136

patriot1136 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,298
    Do we think Bennett comes back or retires? I would love for him to come back assuming he is healthy.

3. Ivan

Ivan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +21,372
    I was one of the biggest proponents of bringing Bennett in, and he really helped them win that Lombardi in 2016, however the athleticism that made him a really good player is gone imo, and I wouldn’t bring him back. I also have serious doubts about him making it through any season from here on out. I think he’s done.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ivan

Ivan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +21,372
    While I don’t expect them to ever win the way they have during the Belichick/Brady era I think they are laying the groundwork right now to have continued success for the post dynasty era. Belichick’s duties are going to be split between Caserio and MacDaniels, with Caserio the person in charge of football operations, and the man in charge, while MacDaniels takes over Belichick's Coaching duties. And I think both can be very successful in their respective roles.

QB is obviously the next big piece that will have to be addressed, and again, while there won’t ever be another Brady I can see them using multiple picks over the next couple of drafts to bring in prospects to compete with Brady. I think that Belichick and Kraft should also address the issue of Brady’s successor with Brady and ask that this time he help facilitate that transition. Not so much this coming season, but when Brady sees the end coming to open up to the young QB’s on how to train and prepare for seasons and games. Ask him to lead the same way other leaders have done for them, e.g...Kevin Faulk showing young RB’s how to do film study. And given the support Brady is getting in finishing his career here I don’t see it as too much to ask to help with the transition at the end of his career. And while I like Garrapolo I don’t believe finding another good prospect is the impossibility that many seem to see it as.