PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hooray for some class

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Congratulations to Reche Caldwell. He catches a TD pass and doesn't look like the proverbial ass running around gyrating like an idiot, and then pounding the ball into the ground. He merely crossses the Goalline and flips it over his shoulder.

Nothing fancy and MAXIMUM CLASS! :D :D :D

As they say make it look like you do it all the time!

I'm starting to love Reche more and more, but I'm all for TD dances. It's part of the game and Pats players do it plenty - think back to Rodney mocking the Eagles dance in the Super Bowl or Deion waving towels in Pittsburgh. Entertainment is part of sports.

Last edited:
This guy is really growing on me. He wont and shouldnt be a #1 but a solid #2 receiver. I forget where I read or heard it (or maybe I just made it up and think I read or heard it) but that he is one of the biggest trash talkers on the team. found it a little odd, as he doesnt look like the type.

Both him and Tom seemed very happy to hook up on that long ball

Reche was a great pickup. Out of all the WR, he seems to be the best. He also has been around the longest (not including Troy).

I agree, Az. The look-at-me dances don't bother me but I do appreciate the lack of them.

When a WR makes a touchdown and his first look is back at his teammates, that just says it all, doesn't it? That and his self-imposed push-ups when he dropped a ball in TC has made me a fan of 87!! Way to go Reche!!

I liked that move also,it reminds me of a Mike Ditka sideline quote from when he coached at New Orleans,a player had scored and was exuberant ,Ditka,in an effort to calm him,advised "Act like you've done it before".I love that line....

Glad to see Reche had more class than the guy driving Brett Favre off the field at the end of the 1st half - did anyone else catch this on TV? He had nothing but open space to drive through and he came upon a few Pats players walking to the locker room and he did an obviously deliberate swerve that tripped up a Pats player (though it didn't look serious). Ranks up there with Nalen's crap last night.

Yup, I agree with the make it look like you've been there before camp. Always loved that Barry Sanders just handed the ball to the official after a TD. I'm not typically a fan of the over the top celebrations (Chad Jackson looked like a dork in Buffalo).

Murphys95 said:
Yup, I agree with the make it look like you've been there before camp. Always loved that Barry Sanders just handed the ball to the official after a TD. I'm not typically a fan of the over the top celebrations (Chad Jackson looked like a dork in Buffalo).

I take offense to that final comment, but I can't come back with anything more mature than "no, you're a dork!", which barely beat out "I'm rubber you're glue" as my response here.

Really though, dances are part of the game. Sometimes they get over the top & absurd, but in general, I'm all for a good touchdown celebration.

BradyManny2344 said:
I take offense to that final comment, but I can't come back with anything more mature than "no, you're a dork!", which barely beat out "I'm rubber you're glue" as my response here.

Really though, dances are part of the game. Sometimes they get over the top & absurd, but in general, I'm all for a good touchdown celebration.

Huh? :confused:

BradyManny2344 said:

Huh? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents