• Edelman

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Maybe Edelman is a little more banged up than we are told or Hogan is just a few years younger but there is no denying Hogan has made some huge plays and been the better deep threat.

Do you think Edelman is just banged up or that the offensive design is to blame or has Hogan simply passed Edelman on the depth chart and right now is the better player?

This is not to say I don't like Edelman cause he and Brady have a ton of Chemistry and he has shown clutch ability. I am happy to have both but Hogan has been better than advertised for this team IMO. Who you got?

Last edited:
With Hogan and the 2 TE system giving us the ability to shift Gronk to the outside, Edelman can play his more natural position in the slot. I would rather have Edelman just because if Hogan goes down, Edelman can play on the outside and Amendola can move to the slot. I would rather have Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, DA then Gronk, Bennett, Hogan, Amendola

Different positions, to a degree. While I love Hogan's production to date, Edelman's chemistry with Brady, time in the system, and versatility are simply worth more.

With Hogan and the 2 TE system giving us the ability to shift Gronk to the outside, Edelman can play his more natural position in the slot. I would rather have Edelman just because if Hogan goes down, Edelman can play on the outside and Amendola can move to the slot. I would rather have Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, DA then Gronk, Bennett, Hogan, Amendola

Hogan can play both the outside and the slot too. In fact I would argue Hogan is the better outside option. Thought Edelman is the better slot option too. However the team would be better off IMO with Hogan/Amendola than Edelman/Amendola as I think all 3 can play the slot well and you will never lose much in the slot but with Hogan out you lose a bit on the outside compare to what you lose in the slot.

Hogan can play both the outside and the slot too. In fact I would argue Hogan is the better outside option. Thought Edelman is the better slot option too.

He's faster than quick, so i like Hogan on the outside. I like our offense right now, hopefully JE and Hogan stay healthy

I think people remember Edelman at his peak in 2013 and 2014 (particular in that playoff run when he was such a damn beast) but I don't think he is as good as then. Still really good but just a bit less.

Gronk and Edelman are the top 2 targeted receivers on this team. Hogan is good but he is the 4th or 5th option on this team. Edelman is the short yardage, possession type WR, while Hogan is more of a deep threat, big play kind of receiver.

Was there a better NFL free agent signing this year than Chris Hogan, looking at value?

Was there a better NFL free agent signing this year than Chris Hogan, looking at value?

IDK. Not at WR anyway particularly when you consider he is locked up for 3 years for about 4M a year. Looks like a steal now. I would value him at 6-7M a year anyway.

Shea McClellin.

Was worth a shot though. They can't all work out and I didn't mind betting on his talent which on paper looked good. Always the "maybe he was misused" card.

They each have their own purpose on this offense but Hogan been the deep threat we've been waiting for imo

People seem to be missing this which is why i think he is more valuable right now. Bredy has his best deep passing numbers since prime Moss and while Bennett has something to do with that more than anything it is Hogan. He really has done well here and the best since Moss left this team outside the numbers.

Hogan is so fast he had to break a little to caught that pass from TB12

Love both these guys

Edelman ....I recall seeing what the offense looked like last year both before and after Edelman's injury (big difference)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes