PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hilarious: National Football Post on Herm@JEST game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Great stuff. Read the whole thing. (Emphases mine)

The Homer Simpson “I’ve Seen Plays That Were More Exciting Than This…Honest To God, PLAYS!” anti-Game of the Week

NEW YORK JETS (-13) over Kansas City

The following point has been made in a variety of different forums this week, but it bears repeating: Carl Peterson gave the Jets a 4th round pick so he could he hire Herm Edwards. The Jets turned that pick into Leon Washington, who is a nice player, but really, they could have drafted an escaped mental patient in a Santa suit and still come out ahead.

With only one healthy QB in Kansas City, isn’t this the perfect time for Carl Peterson to extend Jason Whitlock an olive branch and bring back Jeff George?

Speaking of Jeff George, you know who 2008 Brett Favre reminds me of? Jeff George! They both throw some of the prettiest 80-yard incomplete passes you’ll ever see. Warrants mentioning Favre had about a million chances to steal that game away and couldn’t come through. Obviously, he got help from Eric Mangini (the first man, woman, child, animal, or inanimate object to be outsmarted by Tom Cable) and that vaunted Jets o-line—clearly, ditching Pete Kendall for the twice-as-expensive and half-as-good Alan Faneca was a solid move.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That article is leagues ahead of most sportswriters attempts at humour. I literally laughed out loud a few times at this one.

One of my favourite excerpts:

Even if the Cowboys eke out a playoff birth, the events of the last month have ensured they will have nothing and never be safe. The threat of a meltdown is now on everybody’s minds, and that genie isn’t going back in the bottle. It can’t—I have no idea if the Cowboys trust each other or not, but really, under the circumstances, how could they? Wade Phillips is an ineffectual leader under the best of circumstances, and now he has Jason Garrett breathing down his neck; Jerry Jones says he doesn’t want a WR and then gives up a 1st-and-3rd rounder for the right to pay Roy Williams $45 million; The medical staff and the starting QB can’t agree on the severity of his finger injury; nobody realized how to use Felix Jones, and then he goes down with an injury; the most volatile player in the league is upset over play selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News