Not open for further replies.
Were they?
As I said skins were good
Eagles 56-53-2
Cowboys 44-67
Boys were done after 85.

Weren't the Cards in the NFCE back then? Neil Lomax lol

Iggles, Skins and Giants were winning 10+ games in the late 80s

That is hilarious. Where is that from? And I don't get this "either or" argument. Vikings, Jaguars and Eagles did both.

They also did not draft around the end of each round for almost 15 years consistently or had their picks stolen by the League. Easy to have a deep and talented defense if you get to draft early again and again.

Not sure if you’ve ever seen it, but I liked “Tom goes to the mayor.”

And we’re long overdue for a new season of Eric Andre.
Nope. But I’ll look out for it. And yeah, we’re way overdue. His first season was gold.

Boys were done after 85.

Weren't the Cards in the NFCE back then? Neil Lomax lol

Iggles, Skins and Giants were winning 10+ games in the late 80s
Well this was your point that I disagreed with.
That whole NFC East was a gauntlet. Even Sexys dad had decent Iggles teams.
The redskins were good in that stretch the eagles mediocre and Dallas and cards sucked. Hardly the “whole division being a gauntlet”.

Well this was your point that I disagreed with.

OK

The redskins were good in that stretch the eagles mediocre and Dallas and cards sucked. Hardly the “whole division being a gauntlet”.

Agree. I overstated. I actually thought the Iggles were a really good team that didn't have the stones to do anything in the playoffs. Always one n dun

Ill believe it when i see it. We do have a pretty talented secondary which could afford us a more attacking style.

They also did not draft around the end of each round for almost 15 years consistently or had their picks stolen by the League. Easy to have a deep and talented defense if you get to draft early again and again.
I disagree in that I don't think that's a valid excuse when the Pats drafted Chandler Jones, Vince Wilfork, Hightower and others later in the first round and beyond. Jaguars only drafted Ramsey and Fowler high in the 1st. Eagles only have Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham. Vikings have Barr and Tre Waynes. Most of their talent comes after the 1st round so the Pats have had just as much of an opportunity as they have.

If I recall, Flores mostly installed red zone defense previously, and the team performed much better (perhaps helped by the constricted space). That bodes well for this transition, although I expect BB to still put his stylistic stamp on the team.

Without a doubt helped by the constricted space.

I disagree in that I don't think that's a valid excuse when the Pats drafted Chandler Jones, Vince Wilfork, Hightower and others later in the first round and beyond. Jaguars only drafted Ramsey and Fowler high in the 1st. Eagles only have Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham. Vikings have Barr and Tre Waynes. Most of their talent comes after the 1st round so the Pats have had just as much of an opportunity as they have.
They draft at the end of all the rounds.

You think the order changes to what? Random?
If they trade into a different spot they still started with picks at the end of each round.
Every tram gets one choice in each round based upon inverse order of finish. That’s a fact.

The key with the bend but don't break is the ability to shut down the big plays which last season we didn't.

Looking forward to this season

You think the order changes to what? Random?
If they trade into a different spot they still started with picks at the end of each round.
Every tram gets one choice in each round based upon inverse order of finish. That’s a fact.
I was saying that because you said they pick late in every round which is not exactly true. The Pats have made plenty of trades to have picks higher in other rounds but the first. The poster that had the premise that you need to have high first round picks to build a good defense is what I was arguing as not being true. Vikings, Jaguars and Eagles don't have high picks across the board on D. High draft picks is not an excuse for why a team may not draft well.

I was saying that because you said they pick late in every round which is not exactly true. The Pats have made plenty of trades to have picks higher in other rounds but the first. The poster that had the premise that you need to have high first round picks to build a good defense is what I arguing as not being true. Vikings, Jaguars and Eagles don't have high picks across the board on D. High draft picks is not an excuse for why a team may not draft well.
It certainly is a reason.

It certainly is a reason.
It's not when the Pats have had many draft picks in early in rounds beyond the 1st due to trades. And that's not what I was originally arguing about. The teams I listed that were top 5 in yards and points allowed only had two high first round picks.

It's not when the Pats have had many draft picking early in rounds beyond the 1st do to trades. And that's not what I was originally arguing about. The teams I listed that were top 5 in yards and points allowed only had two high first round picks.
Which part do you not understand? If you get the 30th pick in each round and package picks to trade up you still had less draft resources than 29 teams.
So the patriots draft at 30. Then trade 62 and all their other picks to move up to 36 and you think that means they pick high in rounds?

It's not when the Pats have had many draft picks in early in rounds beyond the 1st due to trades. And that's not what I was originally arguing about. The teams I listed that were top 5 in yards and points allowed only had two high first round picks.
And the patriots were top 5 in points allowed. Who gives a crap about yards? Especially when you have the GOAT at QB and only a moron wouldn’t team that up with a conservative defense that trades yards for points. Wow.

It's not...

Dude, just don't... arguing with AJ is like:

YearlyKlutzyCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif

And the patriots were top 5 in points allowed. Who gives a crap about yards? Especially when you have the GOAT at QB and only a moron wouldn’t team that up with a conservative defense that trades yards for points. Wow.
First of all, I never said "yards" was important. And the "points per game" argument has flaws as well.

Which part do you not understand? If you get the 30th pick in each round and package picks to trade up you still had less draft resources than 29 teams.
So the patriots draft at 30. Then trade 62 and all their other picks to move up to 36 and you think that means they pick high in rounds?
Yeah you're just not getting it. Let's just end it there.

Dude, just don't... arguing with AJ is like:

YearlyKlutzyCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif
I can see that.

Superbowl was a rough go for the patriots top 5 in points allowed defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back