Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Gronkowski

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for both playing this year. Here’s why.

I don’t think Gronk has that much future after the NFL. He can’t act, he’s probably not going to the broadcast booth, if he goes MMA he turns into Brian Bosworth, so the league is the last chance for a big hit. He might buy a giant party boat and cruise around the Caribbean for a few years like he did before, but then he’s a less entertaining Kenny Chesney and that’s a tough business. He’s loaded for life if he stays careful NFL Star Rob Gronkowski Is a Genius for What He Does With His $54 Million Pay so he could cut his losses and avoid injury risk by retiring and just napalm his liver and buff his STD collection until he dies at 45, but I think he wants to stay relevant and plays at least through this year.

Take a look at Zeus’ contract Dont'a Hightower See the $7MM dead money for cutting him this year? And the $2MM for cutting him next year? That tells me all I need to know. He might take a rewrite though. OTOH I’m not sure how he has done with his money or what his plan is post-NFL.

This is quite possibly the last year for both with NE, Gronk due to health and High due to contract price. Both are currently under thirty, did you realize that? Maybe they stick around if the Pats win one for the second middle finger or wherever the seventh ring goes.

I'll go out on a limb, and say TB12 along with BB have both been made aware of Gronks intention to return next year. As for his agent...I'm sure he is as well, but just putting the drama spin on it.
Only remote possibility of High not being on the team come September, is a massive over pay in a trade offer.

I voted for both playing this year. Here’s why.

I don’t think Gronk has that much future after the NFL. He can’t act, he’s probably not going to the broadcast booth, if he goes MMA he turns into Brian Bosworth, so the league is the last chance for a big hit. He might buy a giant party boat and cruise around the Caribbean for a few years like he did before, but then he’s a less entertaining Kenny Chesney and that’s a tough business. He’s loaded for life if he stays careful NFL Star Rob Gronkowski Is a Genius for What He Does With His $54 Million Pay so he could cut his losses and avoid injury risk by retiring and just napalm his liver and buff his STD collection until he dies at 45, but I think he wants to stay relevant and plays at least through this year.

Take a look at Zeus’ contract Dont'a Hightower See the $7MM dead money for cutting him this year? And the $2MM for cutting him next year? That tells me all I need to know. He might take a rewrite though. OTOH I’m not sure how he has done with his money or what his plan is post-NFL.

This is quite possibly the last year for both with NE, Gronk due to health and High due to contract price. Both are currently under thirty, did you realize that? Maybe they stick around if the Pats win one for the second middle finger or wherever the seventh ring goes.
Gronk can't act. Lol he's so awkward and uncomfortable.

I expect Hightower will be playing game 1. Gronk, not so sure. Maybe/hopefully, but it wouldn't surprise me if he retires altogether, and eve nif he doesn't it wouldn't surprise me if his season starts later than most.

It's certainly a conundrum. The way I see it, Gronk is in the driver's seat. The decision to play or not is solely up to him, as a trade is wholly unlikely as he has already indicated he'll play for no other QB than TB12. Will BB release him to create cap space is dependent to some degree on Gronks health, what he shows in OTA's (if he participates at all,) and to a degree the 'dead money' that would certainly play into BB's thinking.

As for Hightower, the question becomes one of his trade value at this juncture of his career. Any potential trading partner would certainly have to consider his age, health, and injury history. And acknowledge Hightower's known objection to taking a cut in salary. Thus I don't see the Patriots getting much in return by trading him, unless of course some dumb GM, (and there are plenty of them lurking in the bushes,) would be willing to give BB a high to mid-level draft pick. Then whamo, Hightower is history.

It's your font. That's the reason no one ever replies to your posts. I know you've been wondering about this.

Why are you so intent on getting rid of our best players?
We don’t sniff the Sb last year without gronk and Hightower.
You want to dump them so you can sign an overpaid Wr?

How bout it? Arguably, our best players on the field in Super Bowl LIII
Convert Hightower's contract into a signing bonus. Save some cap space
this year. Keeps a very good player. Just let Gronk play out his contract
and see where he's at next year.

On a side note, I loved the play very early in the SD playoff game. 3rd
and long. Crowd was getting loud. Chargers jumped whistles blew. Don'ta
gave Rivers a nice little love tap anyway which royally pi$$ed him off.
Could have gotten flagged but didn't. Said he couldn't hear whistle. Helped set
the tone for the game IMO. Got under River's skin very early in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back