PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez family suing Patriots because Hernandez had CTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just waiting for OJ's autopsy some day. My guess is they win. Perhaps not against Patriots but NFL.

Has any other family successfully sued a specific team for their loved one having CTE? Seems like it would be fairly straight forward in terms of knowing the risks/rewards of making millions of dollars and also risking your health to some degree.

It is worth noting that it is not the estate suing the league (and Patriots). It is the individuals impacted by his loss.

Advanced stages of CTE.

It is worth noting that it is not the estate suing the league (and Patriots). It is the individuals impacted by his loss.
Yes, I fixed title (a bit) if was estate then would be subject to claims.

Severe CTE and severe sociopathy don't mix.
Actually, that's where you are wrong. CTE does affect the way a person acts, there have been large personality changes as per some of the research, including fits of anger.

That being said, I think Hernandez was well aware of what he was doing and why he did it. There has been evidence of him quite possibly being psychotic, and that could have been the case well before football.

I have often heard that his bizarre behavior and his criminal tendencies started at the University of Florida, if not before. If this is true, then nothing that happened in the NFL seems to have altered his behavior in any way.

He had issues at Florida, which are fairly well documented at this point, so I'm not sure how far the case will go against the NFL, which can go screw for all I care. I'm just not sure if this one will be the one to hit the league hard on the CTE issue.

I have often heard that his bizarre behavior and his criminal tendencies started at the University of Florida, if not before. If this is true, then nothing that happened in the NFL seems to have altered his behavior in any way.

Beat me to it.

Wasn't there already a billion dollar CTE settlement?

Is he due a piece of that money? How does that money get split going forward? Are players now told of the risk and it's play at your own risk now?

Really don't know how any of this works. Too much law too much science for me.

If the NFL loses this case, then football as we know it will cease to exist.
I think we already saw the top of the NFL and football and it is on a slope down now. I wouldn't plunk down billions for a team now.

We will see the NFL become flag football in our lifetimes. The liability on this is too great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back