PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's the real reason why the Patriots might not be officially naming Matt Patricia offensive coordinator

Yes, but they also have plausible deniability since it's what they've done with their play-callers for many years. That could come up if the Lions try to complain about it similar to Arkansas with Bielema.

If the offense goes South there is nobody to blame.

Same with the defense. We all know that Stevie is calling the shots, but there is a shadow of doubt that hes in full control.

Oh boy.........Dedicated BB apologist DaBruinz will never accept such a conclusion
Prepare for a 'dislike' and an 'ugh'

Cedric The Entertainer Reaction GIF by CBS
warning star trek GIF by Anthony Antonellis
dog warning GIF

Cheep, cheep, cheep.
Is that Chicken Little I hear???

Yikes, really? The best reason is... truly... xenophobia?
1659089466648.png

Cheep, cheep, cheep.
Is that Chicken Little I hear???

I don't think that's the intent behind BB's decision. What I believe that this does is allow Judge and Patricia to continue to be paid at a HC rate, per their old contracts. Their HC contracts probably have some sort of offset language in the event that they get fired and find a new job with another team (e.g., the guarantees are revoked if they get hired as coordinators or HC for another team).

So in this way, instead of getting paid coordinator rates, both Patricia and Judge are getting paid at HC rates. I think that's a generous move.

Oh boy.........Dedicated BB apologist DaBruinz will never accept such a conclusion
Prepare for a 'dislike' and an 'ugh'

Cedric The Entertainer Reaction GIF by CBS
warning star trek GIF by Anthony Antonellis
dog warning GIF
How could any patriot fan be considered a “BB apologist”?
He has brought more success to this franchise than any HC/GM in the history of the sport. What is there to apologize for?

I don't think that's the intent behind BB's decision. What I believe that this does is allow Judge and Patricia to continue to be paid at a HC rate, per their old contracts. Their HC contracts probably have some sort of offset language in the event that they get fired and find a new job with another team (e.g., the guarantees are revoked if they get hired as coordinators or HC for another team).

So in this way, instead of getting paid coordinator rates, both Patricia and Judge are getting paid at HC rates. I think that's a generous move.
Well they would get paid that amount regardless, it’s just that less comes from the patriots and more from the other team. If BB increased there pay, the pay from the former team would decrease dollar for dollar.

BB apologists regularly criticize moves by the Patriots, regularly pan draft picks and free agent signings.

Anything resembling measured pragmatic Patriot analysis and not hyperbolic BB bashing is considered “apologist” by the nuts from the TB12 echo chamber.

When they lose 20-10 week one can we criticize?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back