PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Here's the real reason why the Patriots might not be officially naming Matt Patricia offensive coordinator

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Sciz

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yes, but they also have plausible deniability since it's what they've done with their play-callers for many years. That could come up if the Lions try to complain about it similar to Arkansas with Bielema.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Oh boy.........Dedicated BB apologist DaBruinz will never accept such a conclusion
Prepare for a 'dislike' and an 'ugh'

Cedric The Entertainer Reaction GIF by CBS
warning star trek GIF by Anthony Antonellis
dog warning GIF

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Cheep, cheep, cheep.
Is that Chicken Little I hear???

I don't think that's the intent behind BB's decision. What I believe that this does is allow Judge and Patricia to continue to be paid at a HC rate, per their old contracts. Their HC contracts probably have some sort of offset language in the event that they get fired and find a new job with another team (e.g., the guarantees are revoked if they get hired as coordinators or HC for another team).

So in this way, instead of getting paid coordinator rates, both Patricia and Judge are getting paid at HC rates. I think that's a generous move.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I don't think that's the intent behind BB's decision. What I believe that this does is allow Judge and Patricia to continue to be paid at a HC rate, per their old contracts. Their HC contracts probably have some sort of offset language in the event that they get fired and find a new job with another team (e.g., the guarantees are revoked if they get hired as coordinators or HC for another team).

So in this way, instead of getting paid coordinator rates, both Patricia and Judge are getting paid at HC rates. I think that's a generous move.
Well they would get paid that amount regardless, it’s just that less comes from the patriots and more from the other team. If BB increased there pay, the pay from the former team would decrease dollar for dollar.