PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have we gotten to used to winning?

Everyone on this board invests their time, energy and money into the Patriots, to expect them to win is reasonable. Are we fortunate that we don’t suffer through season like the Jaguars? Absolutely but we all show are appreciation for this franchise, take a look around other teams message-boards in the NFL there is not dedication like you see in this site to other teams. We support are team like no other fan base, so if we question a decision or a move it shouldn’t fall under the misconception that we’re spoiled or used to a certain way, it should reflect the investment we all have in the Patriots that we want to see it do well, and if we feel something may be detrimental to that process we are educated enough to question it and discuss it.

Being used to winning is different than focusing on what we need to do to win, I think we discuss many things on this site that indicate that we aren’t used to winning but we’re just committed to the team and focused on identifying the good and the bad that impacts the teams win loss record.

It is ridiculously naive to say Pats fans support their team more than others.
I also think the level of support is meaningless to having an entitlement for your team to win.
I also think you have a chicken/egg issue, because you are acting as if the fan base is rabid, therefore the team wins, when its the opposite. In the late 80s early 90s it was hard to find a Pats fan.

Re: Re: Have we gotten to used to winning?

It is ridiculously naive to say Pats fans support their team more than others.
I also think the level of support is meaningless to having an entitlement for your team to win.
I also think you have a chicken/egg issue, because you are acting as if the fan base is rabid, therefore the team wins, when its the opposite. In the late 80s early 90s it was hard to find a Pats fan.

I was referring to the members of this forum, I thought that was whom the question was being presented to. I believe the core group of members in here like you would be here win or lose.

Personally I'm not used to us winning, I actually have never seen us win a championship I was deployed from 2000-2008 and none of my time off came during the sesson.

I have been a Pats fans since the first game. I held season tickets for nearly twenty years into the nineties. I didn't miss one game at home during the 2-14 season of '81 or the 1-15 debacle of 1990. In '81 there was a solid 40,000 + Pats fans at every game.There were 42,000 at the last home game of the season. LOOK at the figures

1981 New England Patriots season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in 1990, during a 1-15 season, the only 20,000 fan attendance figure was the LAST game of the season at home. There has ALWAYS been a hard core fanbase of 20,000 for as long as I've been a fan.

The 81 season I remember vividly to this day....as far as tailgating with the same group of people numbering about a 100. We had a community along the front edge of Lot 17.

If you ever wanted to "find a Pats fan" all YOU had to do was show up. Over the past ten years I can honestly say the experience of attending Pats games is far, far inferior to those days. Thanks for calling me and others fair weather fans.:steamed:

I must have seen this thread title 100 times since it was started. But for some reason today's the first day I read it as:

"Have we gotten too used to whining?"

But second, Deus is right - one of the reasons we now expect so much is because of all the winning, and the key players in place for this team. I don't expect a Belichick/Brady team to suck. I expect them to play really well, week-in and week-out. I know we can't win them all, but I expect to win the vast majority of the time. It's not crazy to expect this team to be among the league's elite with Brady and Belichick around.
What we don't expect is Tom Brady to be ranked 31st in passer completion percentage:

NFL Stats: by Player Position

What we don't expect is Tom Brady to be ranked 31st in passer completion percentage:

And some of that is due to receivers dropping the ball and having to throw the pass away because its better than forcing a pass. You have to expect it with only 1 capable wr and some learning rookie wr.

Right. I didn't expect the struggles to be this bad, but I am on record before the season started that I thought that Brady's numbers would be down this year, mainly due to the rookie receivers at the beginning of the learning process.

Personally I'm not used to us winning, I actually have never seen us win a championship I was deployed from 2000-2008 and none of my time off came during the sesson.

Welcome home, though it's too bad you missed the Good Old Days.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back