PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are confusing EGO with interest. BB allows it more than likely to humor MCD. If he turns into an asset than it's great, if not they cut him and move on. It's not like they are VESTED financially in the kid.

Pure and simple Tebow is $$$$. Not only in winning games but financially. Why do you think as soon as the game was done ESPN sent mobile notification messages to millions of people with his stats on their mobile phones. Not one single other player got notifications. and NFL the LEAGUE tweets

@NFL ALL HE DOES IS WIN

He is a money generating Juggernaut and trust me they do have a vested financial decision to make. for near league minimum they get a superstar that's worth his weight in gold.

If all this is true, someone should tell JAX. They could use Tebow to sell a few seats.

Pure and simple Tebow is $$$$. Not only in winning games but financially. Why do you think as soon as the game was done ESPN sent mobile notification messages to millions of people with his stats on their mobile phones. Not one single other player got notifications. and NFL the LEAGUE tweets

@NFL ALL HE DOES IS WIN

He is a money generating Juggernaut and trust me they do have a vested financial decision to make. for near league minimum they get a superstar that's worth his weight in gold.

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

@NFL ALL HE DOES IS WIN

Explain to me how Tebow is a money generating "juggernaut" His jersey sales aren't even in the top 25 in the NFL ( A guy you may know named Tom Brady is #7 btw) The Patriots aren't struggling to sell out games, and even if Tebow makes the 53 man how many added TV viewers does a QB3 add. Instead for the league minimum they get a sideshow that they can either cut or develop into a trade asset. However I suspect I'm just talking to a troll, so I''ll stop feeding you.

Explain to me how Tebow is a money generating "juggernaut" His jersey sales aren't even in the top 25 in the NFL ( A guy you may know named Tom Brady is #7 btw) The Patriots aren't struggling to sell out games, and even if Tebow makes the 53 man how many added TV viewers does a QB3 add. Instead for the league minimum they get a sideshow that they can either cut or develop into a trade asset. However I suspect I'm just talking to a troll, so I''ll stop feeding you.

You only have 7 post and I feel the pure hate swelling in you .....
Excellent .......

If all this is true, someone should tell JAX. They could use Tebow to sell a few seats.

Easy Jags are stupid. Not only would they have been a good team with Tebow they would be a valuable franchise. They are first up being moved to LA

He looked better. Which would have been hard not to do. But he did look better.

Made the TD throw that Mallett couldn't. Can we just meld Mallett and Tebow together cause that would be a sweet QB.

Mallett gets you down the field and Tebow converts it.

He looked better. Which would have been hard not to do. But he did look better.

Made the TD throw that Mallett couldn't. Can we just meld Mallett and Tebow together cause that would be a sweet QB.

Entertainment factor would be huge, but he still wouldnt be able to throw touch passes. :rocker:

"Malletebow drops backs, scrambles, throws a rocket! Omg! That poor defender didnt see it coming... I think he's out cold Jim."

Entertainment factor would be huge, but he still wouldnt be able to throw touch passes. :rocker:

"Malletebow drops backs, scrambles, throws a rocket! Omg! That poor defender didnt see it coming... I think he's out cold Jim."
Malletebow rhymes with Bledsoe. Just sayin'.

Easy Jags are stupid. Not only would they have been a good team with Tebow they would be a valuable franchise. They are first up being moved to LA

please stop posting about things you know nothing about. It just makes you look like a fool.

please stop posting about things you know nothing about. It just makes you look like a fool.

Sorry, but I think Tebowie is probably right on the money.

Ummm... Jags were what? 2-14 with Gabbert last year, or something like that? Broncos were 1-4 when Tebow took over. It's reasonable to assume both of Tebowie's points are correct. They Jags most-likely would be better than 2-14... kind of hard not to be. They would also definitely bring in more revenue with Tebow as the QB1. Like him or hate him, you can't deny his marketability and ability to draw ratings/fans.

Te-blibbidybobbidyblabbidyboo-bow ... :bricks:

What Pats fans saw tonight is that Tebow can score touchdowns. Period.

period?
no.

Tebow can score touchdowns, yes.
Tebow can also go 3 and out. Often.
Tebow can throw mystifying INTs where you wonder "what was he thinking?"
Tebow can miss guys with nobody within 5 yards of them.
Tebow can lead the league in being sacked, if he were a starter.

He does appear to try hard. I give him that.

Sorry, but I think Tebowie is probably right on the money.

Ummm... Jags were what? 2-14 with Gabbert last year, or something like that? Broncos were 1-4 when Tebow took over. It's reasonable to assume both of Tebowie's points are correct. They Jags most-likely would be better than 2-14... kind of hard not to be. They would also definitely bring in more revenue with Tebow as the QB1. Like him or hate him, you can't deny his marketability and ability to draw ratings/fans.

both of you guys are on crack.

Tebow would bring nothing but more years of losing for the jaguars. He WOULD NOT bring any more wins. You think putting in a worse QB then they already have is gonna win more games somehow? Gabbert and Henne are both leaps and bounds better than Tebow, and thats is saying a lot about how "good" tebow is...... And the jags problems are much more than just QB these last couple of years.....

Revenue? Oh a few more jersey sales from fair weather "fans" that dont have the first clue about anything football related, nor do they care about the jaguars team. Great, that will surely get them to the superbowl.

The jaguars are not having any problems selling out every game for the past 3 years. Meanwhile teams like the bucs, rams, and raiders are selling 40-50k tickets a game...why dont they get tebow to help with the revenue and win a superbowl?

The jaguars, much like the rest of the NFL, see Tebow for exactly what he is, a 3rd string emergency QB.

The owners and coaching staff dont want "ratings and fans", they want WINS. Winning will bring you ratings and fans.

period?
no.

Tebow can score touchdowns, yes.
Tebow can also go 3 and out. Often.
Tebow can throw mystifying INTs where you wonder "what was he thinking?"
Tebow can miss guys with nobody within 5 yards of them.
Tebow can lead the league in being sacked, if he were a starter.

He does appear to try hard. I give him that.

Note that I said, "What Pats fans learned ***tonight***."

I think that they already knew about the 3 and outs, sacks, and occasional mystifying throws before last night. My point was that this was the first chance the Pats got to see him throw a couple TDs as a member of the Pats. Surely, he can duplicate the same TD performance playing alongside the #1s if asked to.

He does seem to take a lot of sacks. Part of it is Tebow needing to make a decision quicker to throw, part of it is good coverage on the WRs, part of it is good pass rush, part of it is poor blocking.

Note that I said, "What Pats fans learned ***tonight***."

I think that they already knew about the 3 and outs, sacks, and occasional mystifying throws before last night. My point was that this was the first chance the Pats got to see him throw a couple TDs as a member of the Pats. Surely, he can duplicate the same TD performance playing alongside the #1s if asked to.

He does seem to take a lot of sacks. Part of it is Tebow needing to make a decision quicker to throw, part of it is good coverage on the WRs, part of it is good pass rush, part of it is poor blocking.

part of it is being a capable QB.

unfortunately thats the missing piece.

Tebow would bring nothing but more years of losing for the jaguars. He WOULD NOT bring any more wins. You think putting in a worse QB then they already have is gonna win more games somehow? Gabbert and Henne are both leaps and bounds better than Tebow, and thats is saying a lot about how "good" tebow is...... And the jags problems are much more than just QB these last couple of years.....

Cool story, bro. Gabbert is leaps and bounds better than Tebow. K thx. Got it.

Sounds like the same thing people in Denver said until oops, they won their division and a playoff game.

Cool story, bro. Gabbert is leaps and bounds better than Tebow. K thx. Got it.

Sounds like the same thing people in Denver said until oops, they won their division and a playoff game.

The playoff win where they had a 3 game losing streak to back into the playoffs, with a team riding on defense. Don't forget about the playoff loss where he played like tebow.

David Garrard won a playoff game for the jaguars(against the steelers too!!), so what are you trying to prove with that statement?

If all things hold true and BB doesn't make an exception, there are always three factors that he's stressed in keeping/cutting a player who isn't ready for prime time.

1) Does the player love football? Is it the most important thing they have going on?

2) Does the player keep improving or does he make the same mistakes? Is he making progress?

3) Is the player consistent in what they can do well?

When you apply this to Tebow, he definitely has #1
When you look at #2. I see the same mistakes but I don't know if BB sees it that way.
When I look at #3, I say no. He is not consistent.

I think what makes or breaks him in terms of making this team is #2. If BB sees improvement, he might keep him. If he sees Tebow making the same mistakes, he'll probably cut him.

When I use this criteria, he doesn't make the cut. Nothing surprises me about BB though so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes