PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt it and I don't think its an act. However, I think one loses the right of piety when you choose to do it in front of 50k fans and tv cameras. If you do it at a church, at your home, any sort of religious gathering I think its different than in a general public spot. That goes for Tebow or me or you or anyone.

Why in the world should he not give thanks if he wants, just because you and some others might be watching and won't like it ?

And where do you draw the line. Is it ok if he simply points to the sky ? Or if he makes a sign of the cross >? Are you going to be similarly offended by all the other players who do similar things ? Are you going to stage a protest over players from both teams having a prayer circle at the conclusion of the game ?

People forget about the prayer circles after the games, and the prayers in the locker rooms. The media has long ago decided not to cover them anymore. That's fine with me. They aren't news. However, they are part of the character of most of the players. Yes, some are Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist and whatever, but they pray together. Of course, some choose not to participate. The point is that this is not unusual; it certainly isn't offensive.

Why in the world should he not give thanks if he wants, just because you and some others might be watching and won't like it ?

And where do you draw the line. Is it ok if he simply points to the sky ? Or if he makes a sign of the cross >? Are you going to be similarly offended by all the other players who do similar things ? Are you going to stage a protest over players from both teams having a prayer circle at the conclusion of the game ?

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

Human resources in most major companies will always advise management against discussing religion or politics with their direct reports, they do not want that impacting reviews of performance.

This thread is running the gamut at this point...middle east crisis anyone? MLK's birthday? Syria? Miley Cyrus?

lets cover it all on the eve of Tebow getting cut!

Human resources in most major companies will always advise management against discussing religion or politics with their direct reports, they do not want that impacting reviews of performance.

Sure. But what does that have to do with what's being discussed ?

Women Tebow has not had sex with yet...

miley-cyrus-twerking-ratchet-molly-definitions-vmas-gi.jpg

images

lady-gaga-skull.jpg

cher-oscars-headdress2.jpg

I hear he DID get close once but she backed off at the last moment...

psychorex0105_468x461.jpg

where did I ever say he couldn't. all im saying is smacks of branding more than anything else. I don't care what he does, I don't care if he pulls a goat out of his pants and rides it up and down the sidelines and pointing at the sky and saying thanks to god. All I am saying is I think it cheapens faith. You ever hear the old adage talk is cheap? I think public displays of faith are similarly cheap. its for show.

Just my opinion on the subject. Religion never bothered me. but often times the uber religious have been some of the biggest scum bags I have ever met.

where did I ever say he couldn't. all im saying is smacks of branding more than anything else. I don't care what he does, I don't care if he pulls a goat out of his pants and rides it up and down the sidelines and pointing at the sky and saying thanks to god. All I am saying is I think it cheapens faith. You ever hear the old adage talk is cheap? I think public displays of faith are similarly cheap. its for show.

Just my opinion on the subject. Religion never bothered me. but often times the uber religious have been some of the biggest scum bags I have ever met.

Fair enough, I mistook what you were saying. My apologies.

This subject came up back in 2011 and some people ran around quoting a bible verse concerning the Pharisees iirc and it basically said that people should do their praying in private.

Thing is though, people ignored the context of the verse. Basic gist of it is, if you are praying in public so that others can see you and think you to be pious, it's wrong to do.

In short, the verse speaks to what the person's motivation is. Tebow gives thanks to his God/messiah because that's who he is. It's a huge part of his life / belief system. You are proposing a lack of sincerity in his "thanks" that is misplaced in my opinion.

I'm thinking you're a troll.... Either way that post had a dumbs ass factor of defcon 5. Rushing the ball isn't as valuable as passing the ball that's the reason and try to understand this ... That QB's make WAY MORE MONEY than RB! How did those Vikings do with their 2k rusher?

Answer me this if you could have Peterson or Brady who you taking? Peterson or either manning? Rodgers, Bree's, Wilson, rg3, Kaepernick? Yep u guessed it the QB every time. So grandpa 3 yards and a cloud of dust it's to e to realize RB are going the way of the dodo.

I don't normally pick on grammar but "dumbs ass factor" and "it's to e to realize" make me think you should look in the mirror when questioning someone's intelligence, pal.

Of course one guy having great stats in the running or passing game doesn't mean you have an effective offense. Did Calvin Johnson have good numbers last year? Mark Brunell had immaculate numbers as the Jags QB and they still didn't win.

QB's get paid the most because they call the signals and handle the ball on every play. If a RB touched the ball every play and still had 4+ YPC and never got hurt or tired, you can bet he'd be paid like Brady.

The real question is, is a running game or a passing game more important, or are they equally important? Would I rather have the 49ers offense (indomitable ground game, decent passing game) or the current Broncos offense (great passing game, so-so running game)? Comparing the two teams' playoff runs last year, you would have to pick the 49'ers. Even though the 700 yards the 9'ers rushed for vs. the Packers don't count in your world because they were rushing yards.

I don't have any animosity against 98% of the tebow posters. But the ridiculous statement greek made gets the old dander up. He has no idea what the person is like he was insulting. for all you know he might be the greatest guy and earth.

It's laughable that you think I was criticizing a real person. I'm making fun of the stereotypical football fan who says "it's a passing league" and never really questions the logic of that statement. Pre-Tebow/Kaep/RG III everyone said the option play would never work in the NFL because the defenses were too big and violent, which was the same argument used against Vince Lombardi's offense and Bill Walsh's offense before they both tore up the league for decades. If I asked you a year ago "Could the 49ers install the Pistol Read-Option and beat the Packers with it in the playoffs?" you'd have laughed and said something grammatically inept about how stupid I am. Funny how everyone forgets how wrong they were and moves on to the next unthinking mantra.

You know that annoying guy who says "Tebow is the greatest QB ever because ************ is in his corner?" Who gives fuel to the argument that any pro-Tebow fan is a religious nutcase w/ an agenda? You're on the same coin, different side. When people say the guy gets hated on for his religious practices as opposed to his on-field record, you're the evidence.

You know that annoying guy who says "Tebow is the greatest QB ever because ************ is in his corner?" Who gives fuel to the argument that any pro-Tebow fan is a religious nutcase w/ an agenda? You're on the same coin, different side. When people say the guy gets hated on for his religious practices as opposed to his on-field record, you're the evidence.
Amen. When Tebow was signed there were concerns that people would be joining simply to genuflect...

The Onslought of Tebow Only Fans (TOF)

I think the case could be made that some have come to crucify him.

On the day that Suddyfan posted his first message saying he joined to follow Sudfeld, he posted four messages criticizing Tim Tebow. Of his 71 posts to date, 10 mention Suddy or TEs and 47 criticize Tebow. And then there is this...

#12: Re: What are your religious beliefs?
Happy atheist. Religion makes no sense to me... never has.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

Sure. But what does that have to do with what's being discussed ?

If I had to guess that is one of the reasons the media has shied away from the religious displays of teams and players.

Woohoo! Someone started the religious argument. Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any funnier.

Welcome to the internet, where everyone is right and you are @#×^#¥£ wrong.

Good morning. :)

And the zealots. I'm a fan of the Big Guy upstairs myself. And JC did a pretty cool thing sacrificing himself and all that....but you people are really gonna go with the defense of Tebow's QB ability just because he prays and is a virgin?

Or. . . .or. . . . maybe you want to consider evidence that that is not the reason people enjoy keeping up with him? How many atheists have to post in the thread before you let this one go?

QB's get paid the most because they call the signals and handle the ball on every play. If a RB touched the ball every play and still had 4+ YPC and never got hurt or tired, you can bet he'd be paid like Brady.
I doubt that.

I'm making fun of the stereotypical football fan who says "it's a passing league" and never really questions the logic of that statement.

It is a passing league. There is really nothing to question here. You can't question what is fact.

Pre-Tebow/Kaep/RG III everyone said the option play would never work in the NFL because the defenses were too big and violent, which was the same argument used against Vince Lombardi's offense and Bill Walsh's offense before they both tore up the league for decades. If I asked you a year ago "Could the 49ers install the Pistol Read-Option and beat the Packers with it in the playoffs?" you'd have laughed and said something grammatically inept about how stupid I am. Funny how everyone forgets how wrong they were and moves on to the next unthinking mantra.

The Patriots and Lions exposed Tebow's read option and the Pats held their own against the 49ers and Seahawks version of the offense. Mike Tomlin said that offense will be figured out. Until proven wrong, no reason to doubt him. The talk not too long ago was how the wildcat offense would revolutionize the NFL. How did that turn out?

The difference of course between Tim Tebow and those other running QBs is those guys can run AND throw. So those guys DO fit in a passing league.

Tebow can only do one of those things well. Then again if you were to compare Tim's running ability with some of the good running QBs in the NFL today like Kaep/Wilson/RG3/Newton, Tim would be a lot closer to the bottom of the list than the top....

Amen. When Tebow was signed there were concerns that people would be joining simply to genuflect...

The Onslought of Tebow Only Fans (TOF)

I think the case could be made that some have come to crucify him.

On the day that Suddyfan posted his first message saying he joined to follow Sudfeld, he posted four messages criticizing Tim Tebow. Of his 71 posts to date, 10 mention Suddy or TEs and 47 criticize Tebow. And then there is this...

#12: Re: What are your religious beliefs?
Happy atheist. Religion makes no sense to me... never has.

Its very telling and sad.

This thread turned to religious discussion? I'm SHOCKED!! I'm outta here.

I'm_outta_here!.gif

Ironic that you use the word sanctimonious to describe me and not Tebow or his flock.

I think you need to settle down.

"I buy a 24 pack of pepsi every month, my friend buys a different brand every now and then, therefore I have more brand loyalty to a given corporation and have more character."

This is what you are saying, just switch corporate brand names. That you think consumer loyalty equates to character is really bizarre.

"I buy a 24 pack of pepsi every month, my friend buys a different brand every now and then, therefore I have more brand loyalty to a given corporation and have more character."

This is what you are saying, just switch corporate brand names. That you think consumer loyalty equates to character is really bizarre.

Pepsi? Who, given a choice would purchase Pepsi products? I question your character now.

I'm not surprised either Kontradiction. Can a mod please lock this thread. I'm very disappointed at my fellow pats fans. Wow. Also nothing good is coming to come out from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes