PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone subscribed to Game Pass which is now NFL+?

NCPATSFAN1971

On the Roster
Reaction score
I live outside the New England Viewing area and from what I've read I think I can get Pre Season and regular games live on my phone or tablet and game replays on any device including your TV for $10 Bucks a month.

Even though I'm already a YouTube TV subscriber and can get the Sunday Ticket for $249, I'm considering the NFL+ because I'm curious as to how many live Patriot games will I get to watch through Sunday Ticket?

Although games can be flexed, the Patriots are scheduled for five Primetime Games and three 4PM games against the Cowboys, Eagles and Raiders. Then there's the 2 Games against the Jets. So that accounts for 10 Games that are either going to be televised on regular TV or have a good chance to be. This leaves the rest of the 1 PM games which include 2 games with Washington and New Orleans that most likely won't be televised along with 2 games against the Bills that might be.

I'm probably overthinking this and can afford the $249 for Sunday Ticket but as a matter of value, if I only have to use the Sunday Ticket for 5 or 6 games that's $40 or $50 per game as opposed to using the NFL+ for 5 months beginning in August through December which is a total of $50 at $10 per month for the entire regular and pre-season.

Has anybody used the NFL Game Pass/NFL+ service before and if so what did you think of it?

I live outside the New England Viewing area and from what I've read I think I can get Pre Season and regular games live on my phone or tablet and game replays on any device including your TV for $10 Bucks a month.

Even though I'm already a YouTube TV subscriber and can get the Sunday Ticket for $249, I'm considering the NFL+ because I'm curious as to how many live Patriot games will I get to watch through Sunday Ticket?

Although games can be flexed, the Patriots are scheduled for five Primetime Games and three 4PM games against the Cowboys, Eagles and Raiders. Then there's the 2 Games against the Jets. So that accounts for 10 Games that are either going to be televised on regular TV or have a good chance to be. This leaves the rest of the 1 PM games which include 2 games with Washington and New Orleans that most likely won't be televised along with 2 games against the Bills that might be.

I'm probably overthinking this and can afford the $249 for Sunday Ticket but as a matter of value, if I only have to use the Sunday Ticket for 5 or 6 games that's $40 or $50 per game as opposed to using the NFL+ for 5 months beginning in August through December which is a total of $50 at $10 per month for the entire regular and pre-season.

Has anybody used the NFL Game Pass/NFL+ service before and if so what did you think of it?
I have it, and yes, it's a necessity for watching preseason games live out of market (you can watch them live). Outside of that, most of what I use it for is game replays, All 22, etc. But it's good, not as good as the old GamePass (the play-by-play options on replay on the All-22 are gone), but it works well.

Every single pre, regular, and postseason game has been available live on gamepass since inception as far as I know.

Every single pre, regular, and postseason game has been available live on gamepass since inception as far as I know.
Gamepass hasn't had regular season games live (that was exclusive to Sunday Ticket, which I did have through DirecTV and I celebrated the day that ended), but all the preseason games have been live. However, all the regular season games have been available not long after they've ended.

Gamepass hasn't had regular season games live (that was exclusive to Sunday Ticket, which I did have through DirecTV and I celebrated the day that ended), but all the preseason games have been live. However, all the regular season games have been available not long after they've ended.
Just noticed OP said he lives outside of the New England area, not outside the US. My bad, I live outside the US and use Gamepass International. I've gotten every game live for the last 10 years or so with it.

Just noticed OP said he lives outside of the New England area, not outside the US. My bad, I live outside the US and use Gamepass International. I've gotten every game live for the last 10 years or so with it.
Ah, I missed that also.

I subscribe to NFL+ during the season. It is good for reviewing game the next day or later.

I haven't had Sunday Ticket for many years. Can you watch the day after? Are there choices of home or away announcers as there are on NFL+?

I subscribe to NFL+ during the season. It is good for reviewing game the next day or later.

I haven't had Sunday Ticket for many years. Can you watch the day after? Are there choices of home or away announcers as there are on NFL+?
Can't watch Sunday Ticket games on demand, although it did buffer and you could replay a play or go back a few minutes during the game.

I am also out of the NE area and get it every year and it's basically like DVR-ing the game and watching it later or the next day. Fall Sunday afternoons are usually busy with kids sports/activities in my house, so I try to avoid spoilers and probably watch a good half the games later this way.

One piece of advice: A lot of season ticket holders get a promo code to get it for free. A number of them sell them on ebay for really cheap (say $20 per season), which makes it a great value.

Also out of state and subscribe to NFL+ to watch the games in replay evening of.

Curious, how many Pats fans that come on here actually live in Boston or used to live in Boston?

I just bought the simple pass for $5. Its strange normally its $5 a month but they gave me the season subscription at the same price. I actually should check if they are offering the same on the $10 package

Edit: Yes you can get the full season subscription with the replays /all 22 included for apparently $10? Not sure how long that offer will last:

C1982904-D170-47FC-A7DE-28F607377B87.png

Last edited:
On the other side......I live in the UK and have had Gamepass for a couple of years. I don't know if this includes NFL+ in the uk but will check.

However I am thinking about cancelling. I tend to watch our main satellite tv provider which covers NFL games (albeit not always the Pats). I mostly watch red zone. I think there is a lot of good content on Gamepass but it just having the time to watch it !

I would like to know if the NFL makes the back catalog of games available for viewing... can we watch old/historic games on NFL+ or whatever its called now?

I just bought the simple pass for $5. Its strange normally its $5 a month but they gave me the season subscription at the same price. I actually should check if they are offering the same on the $10 package

Edit: Yes you can get the full season subscription with the replays /all 22 included for apparently $10? Not sure how long that offer will last:

View attachment 51189

At the bottom, they say, "Limited time offer pricing is for this season only." Make sure they mean for this upcoming season and not to watch all the games from last season.

At the bottom, they say, "Limited time offer pricing is for this season only." Make sure they mean for this upcoming season and not to watch all the games from last season.

Thinking it Must be the upcoming season because the $5 package doesn’t include replays and thats also saying $5 for the whole season.

Edit: now thinking you may be right and its for last season, the $5 plan does have stuff other than games such as nfl network access and others…

Last edited:
Here are last year's prices: 5 and 10 per month; 40 and 80 for the year.

So, no changes if there is an annual $79.99 price.

One last question does all this happen through the "NFL" App? If so I already have this app on ROKU and should be good to go.

I would like to know if the NFL makes the back catalog of games available for viewing... can we watch old/historic games on NFL+ or whatever its called now?

I've had the international version of Game Pass for about as long as it's been available. It's clunky and expensive but indispensable if you don't live in the U.S.

They black out games in the U.K. that are being broadcast live on the relevant satellite channel, and the controls for the All-22 defeat me. The best thing is that they have a "Game in 40 minutes" feature -- just the plays, without time-outs, huddles and announcers stating the obvious at great length, which is great for going back to look at games.

And, to answer your question, though you do have the full back catalogue of games, it only goes back to 2012 (and some of the recordings are missing or corrupted).

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back