PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone on this board predicted more than one Patriot pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely predict picks.....

I don't have my own mock draft.... I was real high on Vollmer when we drafted him..... I started the bandwagon.

many ppl were like wt f? Why waste a 2 on him etc?

Vollmer needs to be our LT.... he is already excellent there.. He seems to be a natural.... but we hurt this team when we put Light at LT and Vollmer at RT.

How can Vollmer get even better @ LT when he is moved to the RIGHT Side?
dRAFT A legit RT this year..... We must protect our franchise player the best we can.

i'll let ppl know who I like after the draft this yr.

I plan on choosing all men for my picks.

:wha: It's an outrage!!

BTW, I'll plan to kick off this year's contest a week or two before the draft. Any earlier and we all change our minds too often.

I love reading up on all the prospects and reading all the opinions but I was wondering what kind of luck the draftniks on this board have in guessing BB's picks.

I got 1.5 in 2007, a very proud day for my family...

I had two but then I couldn't even get Merriweather's name right so I lost .5 points.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...16-pick-10-contest-we-have-winner-barely.html

The hardest thing is to list the players you think they will draft not the players you want them to draft. Big difference.

Last edited:
I predicted Butler last year. I predicted Meriweather 2 years ago. As the draft of 2004 was unfolding I was literally pounding my fork at the dinner table chanting "Wilfork" when the Patriot's were on the clock.

Last edited:
I don't really get into the "make the call" stuff. I have a general idea of how to judge good fits. However, the fact is that when teams pick as low as the Patriots do it's a crapshoot. Probably has more to do with my hatred of being wrong more than anything, but I digress.

The Vollmer pick, for example, was a total suprise. I'd never even heard of the dude until they drafted him. When I looked him up that day, my jaw hit the keyboard when I saw him workout and play. Review of the Senior Bowl practice footage was similarly remarkable. I thought I'd get myself killed for how hard I was hyping him all summer, but when he stepped in the eval held up.

I ultimately enjoy evaluating tallent and understanding what the Patriots do. Their scheme evolves season to season, and I enjoy trying to keep up with and predict what they do. I think that I'm guilty of overthinking a lot of prospects, but I think that I have a good handle on fit. That's the fun of it for me.

I do a mock draft with a bunch of other guys on another board every year as the Pats GM. So far the only pick I've ever gotten exactly right was Dan Koppen.

kindle/hughes first pick

best/mathews

pitta/hernandez/gronkowski

veldheer/

I currently stand on my 0-5 years streak. I did correctly guess an undrfted free agentm, who did get signed by the Pats, buthe was cut a week later.....

I don't have my own mock draft.... I was real high on Vollmer when we drafted him..... I started the bandwagon.

Vollmer needs to be our LT.... he is already excellent there.. He seems to be a natural.... but we hurt this team when we put Light at LT and Vollmer at RT.

dRAFT A legit RT this year..... We must protect our franchise player the best we can.

This. I don't know why the coaching staff is still so in love with Light. Guy is useless against elite DEs/OLBs. We need to get rid of Light, put Vollmer back at LT, and draft a young stud RT like Veldheer.

I had Tom Brady..... He just went 5 rounds later than I thought he should?

This. I don't know why the coaching staff is still so in love with Light. Guy is useless against elite DEs/OLBs. We need to get rid of Light, put Vollmer back at LT, and draft a young stud RT like Veldheer.

I 100% agree and have thought and said this for two years. I understand the importance of Light but only as a backup nowadays. I'd like us to draft veldheer in the 2nd round and develop him behind Light, Levoir, Kaczur for a year and have him ready to go in 2011

No you didn't ;)

These prospects were all on my annual Pats Prospects lists, which consist of about 50 prospects. Fortunately I'm not responsible for their success:bricks:.

The "official sleeper" label are prospects I thought had a greater chance of being drafted by the Pats.

Antwan Harris (official sleeper)

Ty Warren
Bethel Johnson (official sleeper)
Tully Banta-Cain (official sleeper)

Christian Morton

Logan Mankins
Ellis Hobbs (official sleeper)

Chad Jackson
Dave Thomas (official sleeper)
Jeremy Mincey

Mike Richardson
Justin Rogers

Terrence Wheatley (official sleeper)
Shawn Crable

Patrick Chung (favorite Pats prospect)
Darius Butler

Also, now that Patchick's draft game will be held closer to the draft -- maybe I'll finally participate. ;)

I'm unclear what said rule states. I plan on choosing all men for my picks.

ha, I was referring to our tradition that a 1st round draft pick's last name must start with an M or W.

ie
Rolando McClain
Kyle Wilson
Derrick Morgan
Taylor Mays
Sean Weatherspoon
Dan Williams
Devin McCourty
Ryan Mathews
Corey Wootton

Status
Not open for further replies.