PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anybody else stopped reading MMQB since Peter King left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the MMQB...it's a part of my Monday ritual....

Yup, I never read anything else on SI.com.

Will be reading MMQB when it pops up on NBC.com...am sure PFT will link to it.

I love football season:

MON: MMQB and MNF
TUES: FFL waiver request day.
WED: FFL waiver process day and FCFS additions.
THURS: TNF
FRI: Get a life.
SAT: Fear of missing out activities (e.g. grocery shopping, yard work, errands, and making sure the wifey is happy)
SUN: 10AM, 1PM, and 5:20PM PST games/red zone. Then at night...the walking dead!

Rinse n' repeat!

I enjoy the 10am games when they are from London (I'm in the Atlantic time zone), it would take some getting used to watching games every week at 10am.

I love the MMQB...it's a part of my Monday ritual....

Yup, I never read anything else on SI.com.

Will be reading MMQB when it pops up on NBC.com...am sure PFT will link to it.

I love football season:

MON: MMQB and MNF
TUES: FFL waiver request day.
WED: FFL waiver process day and FCFS additions.
THURS: TNF
FRI: Get a life.
SAT: Fear of missing out activities (e.g. grocery shopping, yard work, errands, and making sure the wifey is happy)
SUN: 10AM, 1PM, and 5:20PM PST games/red zone. Then at night...the walking dead!

Rinse n' repeat!

Umm.... Saturday is College Football. So there's that.......

I started reading because he left.

Stopped reading him years ago, but his podcasts were good. Of course they were good due to his guests, Brady post-SB51 being the best example.

Regards,
Chris

Didn't know he left.....In the 70's, always liked to read the Globe sports articles. A lot of tidbits.

Sure you remember the Peter Gammons weekly article in the Sports Section(was that the 80's)... that was the best, even though it had to do with Baseball was amazed at the depth and quality of the reporting..

Never saw anything that came close to that effort..

I left before Peter King. It was right around the time he defamed Tom Brady. Below is the complete list (in alphabetical order of course). Let me know if I missed anyone.

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Gregg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Max Kellerman
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon
Seth Wickersham
Nick Wright

Al Roker?!

Ya so thanks a lot (!) since I did the exact opposite of what I should have done and googled "Al Roker Deflategate" which brought up an episode of Today from 2015 where they presented the "11 balls were deflated" lie as fact and then showed a poll where 81% ... 81% ... of the American public at the time thought we should have been banned from the freakin' Super Bowl and now, as my teenage daughter would say, I literally can't even ..

giphy.gif

Umm.... Saturday is College Football. So there's that.......

If I watch college ball, I will never get errands done and probably have to file for divorce too....

If I watch college ball, I will never get errands done and probably have to file for divorce too....

Ah....... being a single parent, I always have to get everything done earlier in the day. Fotunately, my youngest daughter stays in the dorms at USM and is home only during the summer, and the various school breaks. But I remember the situation you find yourself in. :)

Like most I see posting, I have up on King in January 2015. But my enjoyment of his weekly column was going downhill fast right around when 2007 hit. The politics, the coffee talk, the "Dear Diary"-ness of every single thing he would write about Brett Favre. I will never forget the way he cozied up to Goodell and crucified Belichick every week over Spygate, like he was trying to goad BB into giving an apology to...whoever.

Peter King, like lots of people do when fame starts to kick in, started to think HE was the draw of his column. We just wanted to read a solid recap of the weekend's action, man. Some quotes, some analysis, maybe a peek into the league office. None of us give a crap how you feel about whatever craft beer you tried that week or what roast was extra aromatic at Starbucks.

Al Roker?!

Ya so thanks a lot (!) since I did the exact opposite of what I should have done and googled "Al Roker Deflategate" which brought up an episode of Today from 2015 where they presented the "11 balls were deflated" lie as fact and then showed a poll where 81% ... 81% ... of the American public at the time thought we should have been banned from the freakin' Super Bowl and now, as my teenage daughter would say, I literally can't even ..

giphy.gif

The episode that I watched (my last) actually had Roker laughing at and mocking Bill Belichick.

It's funny how I don't remember exactly what many on that list said or did to be there, but I know that they all belong.

I stopped reading it sometime in the last few years. I used to read it all the time, but got out of the habit, and never found a reason to pick it up again. I pretty much stay here for football related coverage.

I left before Peter King. It was right around the time he defamed Tom Brady. Below is the complete list (in alphabetical order of course). Let me know if I missed anyone.

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Gregg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Max Kellerman
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon
Seth Wickersham
Nick Wright
I’m guessing that many of the names here also appear on a certain “list” that @Joker carries in his wallet. Or possibly has etched in stone, somewhere.

I’m guessing that many of the names here also appear on a certain “list” that @Joker carries in his wallet. Or possibly has etched in stone, somewhere.

I like having something in common with @Joker

Prior to coming here in 2012 I had been arguing with other AOLes for years over the true employment history of Fraudger. I actually saw his wiki page change from Jete-NYFL to NYFL-Jete-NYFL during that time.

Not the worst that could happen. Let's just say "on line dating" is gold if you can hold a conversation and follow your cues. Emojis are your friend if you want to land mildly mentally disabled 20 year olds. If you do this correctly, you dont even buy her dinner and she never gets your number. Perfect.

I thought Saturday's were for the boys?
Well hes still married, so he gets to go to flea markets and such after hes a good lapdog and gets his honey do list sufficiently half ass completed to not be interrupted with incessant *****ing on Sunday.

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Gregg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Max Kellerman
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon
Seth Wickersham
Nick Wright

Last edited:
I like having something in common with @Joker

Prior to coming here in 2012 I had been arguing with other AOLes for years over the true employment history of Fraudger. I actually saw his wiki page change from Jete-NYFL to NYFL-Jete-NYFL during that time.

You knew that? Out-freaking-standing! How about the Goon claiming he was an NFL intern AFTER he graduated from Washington&Jefferson? IMPOSSIBLE by the NFL's own established criteria that only allows undergraduates to be hired? Did you know THAT? How about the talking piece of fecal matterdell boasting he graduated magna cum laude in business? Never knew that "magna" meant C student at W&J, a LIBERAL ARTS college by the way, where the rich stash their below stupid offspring. The list of Goodell's serial lying goes on and on from way before he was greased into the commissioner's job by Rooney and Mara. Today, he's a complete laughingstock. I mean is there anyone who believes a word that comes out of this shytbird's mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes