PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anybody else stopped reading MMQB since Peter King left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The weird part is, King could occasionally annoy the crap out of me when he was there. But I ALWAYS read his columns. In fact, Mondays, I would obsessively refresh the SI link if it wasn't up by 8am or so.

It's not just due to the offseason... I would always be disappointed when the guest columnists appeared. King just had developed a knack for that column, I guess. At least, for me anyway.

And now... Albert Breer... hmmm... Albert Breer...

attempting-to-give-a-damn-gif-7.gif

o_O

I stopped reading when he was still writing.

He went down hill really fast, as he started being less about football being the focus and more about "I'm celebrity peter king, and here are my opinions about everything"

Peter King once was a must read for me but his narcissism and the proliferation of alternative quality NFL coverage relegated MMQB to the occasional read. I have/will never read Breer's MMQB.

I still read but can't judge the quality until there's actual football games to read about.

The best NFL monday articles in the world are Patsfanken's write ups IMO. No hyperbole.

Didn't know he left.....In the 70's, always liked to read the Globe sports articles. A lot of tidbits.

The weird part is, King could occasionally annoy the crap out of me when he was there. But I ALWAYS read his columns. In fact, Mondays, I would obsessively refresh the SI link if it wasn't up by 8am or so.

It's not just due to the offseason... I would always be disappointed when the guest columnists appeared. King just had developed a knack for that column, I guess. At least, for me anyway.

And now... Albert Breer... hmmm... Albert Breer...

attempting-to-give-a-damn-gif-7.gif

o_O
stopped reading peter kings crap years ago.

He does NOT possess Cat like quickness

I stopped reading when he started talking about beer, coffee, and his personal politics, as if anyone cares what a sportswriters politics are.

Sportswriters are like actors,musicians and other artists. They should just concentrate on their craft, and leave their opinions at home.

King started to act like that irritating professor who was always condescending and patronizing towards his readers.

I read his stuff that was shared on the forum, but never went looking for it.

I stopped reading when he started talking about beer, coffee, and his personal politics, as if anyone cares what a sportswriters politics are.

Sportswriters are like actors,musicians and other artists. They should just concentrate on their craft, and leave their opinions at home.

King started to act like that irritating professor who was always condescending and patronizing towards his readers.

:confused:

I love the MMQB...it's a part of my Monday ritual....

Yup, I never read anything else on SI.com.

Will be reading MMQB when it pops up on NBC.com...am sure PFT will link to it.

I love football season:

MON: MMQB and MNF
TUES: FFL waiver request day.
WED: FFL waiver process day and FCFS additions.
THURS: TNF
FRI: Get a life.
SAT: Fear of missing out activities (e.g. grocery shopping, yard work, errands, and making sure the wifey is happy)
SUN: 10AM, 1PM, and 5:20PM PST games/red zone. Then at night...the walking dead!

Rinse n' repeat!

I love the MMQB...it's a part of my Monday ritual....

Yup, I never read anything else on SI.com.

Will be reading MMQB when it pops up on NBC.com...am sure PFT will link to it.

I love football season:

MON: MMQB and MNF
TUES: FFL waiver request day.
WED: FFL waiver process day and FCFS additions.
THURS: TNF
FRI: Get a life.
SAT: Fear of missing out activities (e.g. grocery shopping, yard work, errands, and making sure the wifey is happy)
SUN: 10AM, 1PM, and 5:20PM PST games/red zone. Then at night...the walking dead!

Rinse n' repeat!
Hmmm - Friday might say it all for you friend ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore