PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harmon Visits Costa Rica...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on God’s earth are you talking about?

Duron Harmon isn’t going to serve any time for getting caught with a couple oz. of some weed, whether it’s in flower, concentrate, wax, oil, tinctures, vape pens, or whatever form.

You think he’s going to serve 9 years for possessing a couple/few oz. of weed? Lol.

The prison football team needs players too.

The Alcatraz trophy is up for grabs this season.

First off that is an ******* thing to say, secondly I wasn't taking about my kids. I was talking about the kids whose lives I've seen ruined by drugs over 30 years of being a cop. Feel free to have your 12 year old toke up, but don't blame me, when they drop out of school, get arrested, develop mental health issues and the only job they can get pays minimum wage.

A dentist told me that pot changes DNA over time.

Pot mixed with alcohol is a deadly combination for some people.

there were studies done 30 years ago mostly debunked by something more recent......just as with anything, habit is the bigger enemy

I've enjoyed weed for over 40 years........nothing quite like sparkin' up along with your favorite beer and listening to music in front of the fire pit

The alcohol is the deadly part of the combination. Operating a motor vehicle while under the effects of any substance is potentially deadly, but it's also very stupid and irresponsible. Small amounts of weed don't impair driving to the extent that alcohol does, but it's still not smart to drive after smoking. But that includes many prescription drugs too. The guy who rear-ended Harvey Langi was under the influence of narcotic painkillers and muscle relaxants. He had legal prescriptions for all of them. There's nothing wrong with condemning driving under the influence, but most people just drink or smoke at home or find some other way home afterwards.

The DNA thing has been debunked; in any case, even if it was true, i's really not as scary as it seems. Simply living changes your DNA over time through methylation. Background radiation alters your DNA. Your cell phone? Flying in an airplane? Using a microwave? Sitting in front of a television? You're being exposed to small amounts of radiation that are altering your DNA. None of this is particularly serious.

Honestly that post is such an impossible gem that I can't believe it's 100% unironic. It might be the best post in Patsfans history.
One does try.
DW Toys

there were studies done 30 years ago mostly debunked by something more recent......just as with anything, habit is the bigger enemy

I've enjoyed weed for over 40 years........nothing quite like sparkin' up along with your favorite beer and listening to music in front of the fire pit
In all honesty, would you classify yourself as a "stoner"? None of my business you might say.
That would be fair.
Not judging you. Have too many instances that hit close to home with me.

Would you encourage your children to join you? If not then why?
DW Toys

In all honesty, would you classify yourself as a "stoner"? None of my business you might say.
That would be fair.
Not judging you. Have too many instances that hit close to home with me.

Would you encourage your children to join you? If not then why?
DW Toys

I've smoked with 3 of my 4 kids.......they're adults and I treat them that way

what's a 'stoner'?

I don't care if anyone is judging me........not my problem if they don't know what the f.ck they're talking about

Alcohol is a million times more destructive and to deny that is ignorance

Alcohol mixed with people is a deadly combination for some people.

This thread has taught me that Patsfans is generally pretty cool with weed.

This thread has taught me that Patsfans is generally pretty cool with weed.

weed-is-tight.gif

I play with my dog and then we go get some pizza and surf amazon prime shopping for dog treats for him

The alcohol is the deadly part of the combination. Operating a motor vehicle while under the effects of any substance is potentially deadly, but it's also very stupid and irresponsible. Small amounts of weed don't impair driving to the extent that alcohol does, but it's still not smart to drive after smoking. But that includes many prescription drugs too. The guy who rear-ended Harvey Langi was under the influence of narcotic painkillers and muscle relaxants. He had legal prescriptions for all of them. There's nothing wrong with condemning driving under the influence, but most people just drink or smoke at home or find some other way home afterwards.

The DNA thing has been debunked; in any case, even if it was true, i's really not as scary as it seems. Simply living changes your DNA over time through methylation. Background radiation alters your DNA. Your cell phone? Flying in an airplane? Using a microwave? Sitting in front of a television? You're being exposed to small amounts of radiation that are altering your DNA. None of this is particularly serious.

New studies shed more light on the subject.

Does Marijuana Change the Brain?

New studies shed more light on the subject.

Does Marijuana Change the Brain?

That article suggests the opposite of what you're trying to claim.

"In addition, because schizophrenia is so rare, the study was too small to get a statistically meaningful answer to the question of whether smoking pot increased the teens' risk of the disorder, he added."

In other words, in a small n study of a small n phenomenon, they couldn't actually answer whether marijuana use had a statistically discernible effect in risk factor for one disorder on one tiny sub-population. It seems to possibly be associated with some thinning of something or other but there's no evidence that has any effect on anything at all.

That article suggests the opposite of what you're trying to claim.

"In addition, because schizophrenia is so rare, the study was too small to get a statistically meaningful answer to the question of whether smoking pot increased the teens' risk of the disorder, he added."

In other words, in a small n study of a small n phenomenon, they couldn't actually answer whether marijuana use had a statistically discernible effect in risk factor for one disorder on one tiny sub-population. It seems to possibly be associated with some thinning of something or other but there's no evidence that has any effect on anything at all.

The last thing that I want to do is dictate to someone how to lead their lives.

In regards to Harmon, he is no team captain to me and I hope that he is gone like Chandler Jones.

The last thing that I want to do is dictate to someone how to lead their lives.

In regards to Harmon, he is no team captain to me and I hope that he is gone like Chandler Jones.

"I don't want to dictate how people live but I'd prefer if people who make choices I disagree with live unemployed and/or in federal prison."

I've smoked with 3 of my 4 kids.......they're adults and I treat them that way

what's a 'stoner'?

I don't care if anyone is judging me........not my problem if they don't know what the f.ck they're talking about

Alcohol is a million times more destructive and to deny that is ignorance

Sorry I am not a drinker either. No one can beat me up with that argument.

Not judging you just asking a question of why? Why do you do this?
I get it it's your life, but do I want a stoner to be piloting a plane I am on or a taxi or bus for that matter?
Do I want a stoner representing me in front of the world?
Do I want a stoner being my lawyer and protecting me? Done that and things got worse.
Do I want a stoner as the cop on the beat?
Would I want to hire a stoner? Yep done that....not good.
Do I pay one bit of attention to these young people who march and protest and the majority are stoners? Nope.
Do I want my kids to marry a stoner?
Do I have friends that are stoners? Probably do and some I don't see behind closed doors.
Tragedy too close to home as I said because of drugs.
Again not judging you. I am by no means perfect. The least perfect person. I just don't get it why people need drugs.
I don't understand why a multi million dollar athlete and Captain of a professional football Team, someone kids look up to, is a complete stoner and addict. Yep, it wasn't just a joint it the bathroom....or he never inhaled. He was a professional stoner. His business I guess but we pay to watch him play.

No offense meant and certainly do not to say I am better than anyone. I am not. I just don't get it.
DW Toys

Oxford Dictionary:
stoner
noun
1informal A person who regularly takes drugs, especially marijuana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents