PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guys that I think could have a future with the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should’ve been on this team a long time ago. Too bad Urban gave him bad info and decided to go with Cunningham instead.

Actually urban gave him the right info. B.B. got arrogant and outsmarted himself

"The release of Cunningham brings his journey with Bill Belichick to an apparent end. In a conversation with WEEI in 2011, former Florida coach Urban Meyer recounted the tale of Belichick and Cunningham — it appears that the New England coach fell for Cunningham as a collegian.

“That started his sophomore year,” Meyer said of Belichick’s interest in Cunningham. “Coach Belichick would always come down and watch film and I’d sometimes sit in there and he would keep asking about [Jermaine]: ‘Who’s this guy? Who’s this guy? Who’s this guy?’ And you had Derrick Harvey, you had Jarvis Moss, Carlos Dunlap, and then Jermaine was kind of the next guy, but he would always say ‘Who is that guy? I love that guy.’

“Bill Belichick’s the one who saw a lot in him.” - Urban Meyer 2013

Any chance New Orleans cuts the kid from northwestern that had such a good camp for us last year?

Actually urban gave him the right info. B.B. got arrogant and outsmarted himself

"The release of Cunningham brings his journey with Bill Belichick to an apparent end. In a conversation with WEEI in 2011, former Florida coach Urban Meyer recounted the tale of Belichick and Cunningham — it appears that the New England coach fell for Cunningham as a collegian.

“That started his sophomore year,” Meyer said of Belichick’s interest in Cunningham. “Coach Belichick would always come down and watch film and I’d sometimes sit in there and he would keep asking about [Jermaine]: ‘Who’s this guy? Who’s this guy? Who’s this guy?’ And you had Derrick Harvey, you had Jarvis Moss, Carlos Dunlap, and then Jermaine was kind of the next guy, but he would always say ‘Who is that guy? I love that guy.’

“Bill Belichick’s the one who saw a lot in him.” - Urban Meyer 2013
Lol so he played himself on that one.

Well at least Jarvis Moss and Derrick Harvey we’re busts as well, so there were a lot of Florida disappointments.

What about the following players? Usually you need to identify players in the last years of contracts who aren't going to be re-signed or a team just drafted a player high in their position. These guys haven't really hit it off and Bill tried to pick up these players cheaply and see what happens.

DE: Shane Ray from the Broncos. They just drafted Chubb and he's in his last year.

DE: Mario Edwards, Oakland.

DE: Kevin Dodd, Titans.

LB: Dee Ford, Chiefs

DE: Dante Fowler, Jags.

LB: Wesley Woodyard. Just drafted Evans so he might be available.

The Redskins (can we still say that?) have a Brian Quick.
shut-up-girl-upset-girl-with-self-adhesive-tape-over-her-mouth-picture_csp17671619.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft