PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guys that I think could have a future with the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

patman52

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Mychal Kendricks and Teddy Bridgewater.

Kendricks is getting paid 12.5m over the next two years- not cheap by any means but a solid player at a position of need. The Eagles made moves that seem to move him down the depth chart. They were reported to have offered him for a fifth but got no takers.

Teddy Bridgewater will most likely be a camp cut. He was not retained in Minn as he needed another year to heal per the vikings medical team.

WR Antonio Callaway.
IF he fails in CLE (due to weak QB play, bad coaching, management etc). ONLY if he cleans up his act by this time. In regards to his on field talent only; he’d be a great fit.

DE/LB Sam Hubbard.
Self-Explanatory. Hopefully CIN does CIN-like things.

Kendricks is getting paid 12.5m over the next two years- not cheap by any means but a solid player at a position of need. The Eagles made moves that seem to move him down the depth chart. They were reported to have offered him for a fifth but got no takers.

Teddy Bridgewater will most likely be a camp cut. He was not retained in Minn as he needed another year to heal per the vikings medical team.
Eagles are tight to the cap, ($6million cap space per overthecap.com ) before including a $3.3 million rookie pool lowering it even more so he is likely to be cut and available at a much lower price tag...... Being cut ( pre June 1 or post June 1) saves them anywhere from $4.4-6 million in cap space....

Eagles are tight to the cap, ($6million cap space per overthecap.com ) before including a $3.3 million rookie pool lowering it even more so he is likely to be cut and available at a much lower price tag...... Being cut ( pre June 1 or post June 1) saves them anywhere from $4.4-6 million in cap space....

That is my take also, but if he does get cut there will be competition for him so the savings over the 5.6m the pats would be on the hook for this year might not be as great as you thin, as 1/2 the league has almost 15 mill or more in space.

The pats could very well send next years fifth to rent him for one year.

I initially thought this read “Guys, I think I have a future with the Pats.”

That would have been a very entertaining thread

I did too! In fact, I'd already started working up my role. I'm considered kind of smart by some people, but nobody seems to know what I do including my children and wife. Everyone kind of leaves me alone to get on with my work, so I do that and often come up with interesting insights and information which I give to other more high profile people who tend to stand at the front and present it while I happily work away in the background.

I'm applying to be Ernie Adams.

DE Carlos Dunlap - 1 year left for $7.3M. Incredible value.

I wonder if the Bengals are willing to deal him.

Shhhh! That's been my plan but didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. Don't tell anyone else.

He should’ve been on this team a long time ago. Too bad Urban gave him bad info and decided to go with Cunningham instead.

You mean the Carlos Dunlap drafted 54th, one spot AFTER the Pats drafted Jermaine Cunningham. That Carlos Dunlap?? No I'm not still bitter, not in the least.....

EDIT Didn't see Joey's post when I made mine....

I would love for the Pats to make that trade but the Eagles need to get Kendricks number down. If he is cut I hope the Patriots look into him. They could easily spend 10M/yr on him and it would fix a lot of their defensive problems.

They already have the cap space for that and could easily get more.

I initially thought this read “Guys, I think I have a future with the Pats.”

That would have been a very entertaining thread
Me? Uh, given some of the stuff I've said before about him, as long as Kraft's the owner my only potential future may involve rope, a cinder block, and a deep river...

Me? Uh, given some of the stuff I've said before about him, as long as Kraft's the owner my only potential future may involve rope, a cinder block, and a deep river...

Given my Ernie Adams role, I guess that'll be my job. Sorry man, nothing personal, just business.

How about Jerrell Freeman?

There's your pass coverage LB.

I would love for the Pats to make that trade but the Eagles need to get Kendricks number down. If he is cut I hope the Patriots look into him. They could easily spend 10M/yr on him and it would fix a lot of their defensive problems.

They already have the cap space for that and could easily get more.
You want to spend 10 mill a year on Kendricks? Really? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes