PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gurley is the X factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambam94

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
If healthy, the guy is a beast. Seems like no one is really talking about what he means to the Rams offense.
He was obviously hurt late in the year. The question is..will he be near 100% tomorrow?

They need to treat him like Marshall Faulk and beat the **** out of him. Take a couple of illegal contact penalties if you need to.

If healthy, the guy is a beast. Seems like no one is really talking about what he means to the Rams offense.
He was obviously hurt late in the year. The question is..will he be near 100% tomorrow?

Waddaya mean no one's talking about him?
He IS the biggest key to the game for the Rams. He and Anderson. Goff is best when he can go playaction. Stop or severely slow down the run game and the Rams are cooked.
The run game is also key for the Pats. If they run like they ran the last 4 games, it might be a blowout. But Brady can still win it by himself. Goff can't.
I gotta lot if respect for mcvay, great offensive mind. He'll get creative.
I'm more worried about Gurley on screens than I am when he just runs.
We'll see.

Gurly vs a linebacker makes for a long day for us ...

Gurley's actually the guy I see Belichick scheming for the most. Same with Cooks. To me Kupp would have been the big match up and CJ Anderson scares me a bit.

He was good against dallas and awful against no , i dont think he appeared on the injury report for either game but could be mistaken. So its anyones guess how effective he’ll be. Our run d has done really well in these playoffs though, complete 360 from the miami and pitt games. So either way i think we find a way to contain him.

JC Jackson with safety help on Cooks is the best or why not Jonathan Jones on Cooks?

I dont think he'll be 100%, but I do think their O-Line is incredibly good.

Our Front 6 (rly) needs to be ready

People are talking too much about Gurley as a runner when what matters is how he is as a pass catcher.

He needs a big receiving day to keep the Rams in it. I put the number around 60 to 70 yards. If he does that it evens the odds a bit. If they don't get help catching the ball from their backs they may as well call it a game now.

Definitely. All solid points. For the Pats, I think this will be a game where Chris Hogan steps up. Edelman & Gronk will be covered by Talib & Peters. But Hogan should get some good numbers.

hopefully Todd runs like a gurl

Anderson isn’t a thread in the passing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back