PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gunner Olszewski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also made a tackle in kickoff coverage. Normally he has been lining up as an inside wedge breaker (along with Winovich), but on his tackle he was right safety.

White and Michel are average RBs. Yes, that is my opinion.

And that opinion is ill considered. James White is a certified weapon, a football Swiss Army knife. You can equivocate with system comments as you will but that completely discounts the multiplicity of ways he gets employed. The Pats don't just plug players into their 'system' but rather tailor their 'system' to a players strengths and James White's strengths are too numerous to be dismissed as average.

Yes, I didn't check for that. But only 4 had 1 return. That doesn't get him to 11th in the entire NFL.

But feel free to argue this all night. :rolleyes:
So you are incapable of simple math? Got it.

And that opinion is ill considered. James White is a certified weapon, a football Swiss Army knife. You can equivocate with system comments as you will but that completely discounts the multiplicity of ways he gets employed. The Pats don't just plug players into their 'system' but rather tailor their 'system' to a players strengths and James White's strengths are too numerous to be dismissed as average.

I respect your opinion but politely disagree with it.

I respect your opinion but politely disagree with it.

In all sincerity, not dogging you, what about White has you seeing an average player? I ask because I honestly believe he is very good and certainly his football IQ is off the charts.

In all sincerity, not dogging you, what about White has you seeing an average player? I ask because I honestly believe he is very good and certainly his football IQ is off the charts.

He doesn't have elite speed, I don't see him breaking tackles although he is tough and smart, he does have very good to elite hands. But so did Shane Vereen and Dion Lewis in our system. Look at the football metrics. He compares to Bilal Powell. Do not get me wrong. I like him, I think he is very good and a great Patriot. But he plays with the GOAT, is in a terrific system and has thrived in it. But if you replace him with Rex Burkhead I do not believe you miss much. And you saw what Bolden did when he replaced Burkhead. I think James White is an average player who excels in a great system that makes him seem above average but he if went to say Houston or Jax, he would be average and no one would hear about him. Just my opinion. Again, I do like him as a player.

James White - Player Profile Advanced Football Stats, Metrics & Analytics

I like him, I think he is very good and a great Patriot.

This ^ doesn't match with

I think James White is an average player...

Metrics do not measure the flexibility allowed an offense by a player of White's caliber nor do they measure his extremely high football IQ. He is a very good football player who helps make the 'system' work, not the other way around. The game isn't won or lost on paper but between both the lines and the ears. The proof is on the field, not in a computer.

This ^ doesn't match with

Metrics do not measure the flexibility allowed an offense by a player of White's caliber nor do they measure his extremely high football IQ. He is a very good football player who helps make the 'system' work, not the other way around. The game isn't won or lost on paper but between both the lines and the ears. The proof is on the field, not in a computer.

Maybe I should rephrase. I think he is a very good football player and excellent in the system but his physical attributes to me seem average. He is not going to blow you away with speed, quickness or power. He will outsmart you and make some tough catches.

Gunner looks so small and fragile on the field. He obviously is a tough and courageous kid, I hope he holds up physically.

Maybe I should rephrase. I think he is a very good football player and excellent in the system but his physical attributes to me seem average. He is not going to blow you away with speed, quickness or power. He will outsmart you and make some tough catches.

That is certainly better put

That is because he plays with Brady in a system that utilizes him as such. You keep pointing to stats and I am using the naked eye test. I contend that if instead of White, we had Chris Thompson or Duke Johnson then they would have the numbers White has. Doesn’t mean I dislike White, I just don’t think he is anything special outside of being able to adapt to the Pats system well. Per advanced football metrics his best comparable is Bilal Powell...a real difference maker that Powell.

James White - Player Profile Advanced Football Stats, Metrics & Analytics

Comparing White to Bilal Powell is ridiculous.

James White Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Bilal Powell Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

HTF do you compare a guy with 8 rushing TDs and 20 receiving TDs to a guy who has 15 rushing TDs and 5 receiving TDs. That's completely asinine.

The fact that you rely on some mathematical algorithm and not the actual production shows your level of ignorance and why you will never be taken seriously. Again, you don't use facts and you can't admit to being wrong. You just try to change your argument (aka spin).

Comparing White to Bilal Powell is ridiculous.

James White Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Bilal Powell Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

HTF do you compare a guy with 8 rushing TDs and 20 receiving TDs to a guy who has 15 rushing TDs and 5 receiving TDs. That's completely asinine.

The fact that you rely on some mathematical algorithm and not the actual production shows your level of ignorance and why you will never be taken seriously. Again, you don't use facts and you can't admit to being wrong. You just try to change your argument (aka spin).

No. White played with Brady and in the Pats system. Bilal played with crap. I already said that White has excellent hands and strong football IQ but that may be because of how NE developed him. He doesn't have elite strength, athleticism or quickness IMO. Why are you trolling me. Go elsewhere. This is tiresome. IMO White is an average NFL player who developed into an excellent Patriots weapon and I like him a lot but he is not an elite talent like Edelman or Gronk was or Brown was and that is what the team needs to help TB and that was the crux of my initial post. Do you have a man crush on White? Why are you harping on this?

Gunner looks so small and fragile on the field. He obviously is a tough and courageous kid, I hope he holds up physically.

It's his lack of muscle tone and bulk. Give him a year or two in the system and his build will more closely resemble Edelman's.

Olszewski is not 6'1 and 190 lbs. Olszewski was 5'9 4/8" and 178 lbs when he was at the Minnesota Pro-Day. He hasn't grown 2.5" since then.. He MIGHT have put on 12 lbs, but that's not that likely..

BB signs Swiss Army Knife to the roster...

https://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1029151&DraftYear=2019

Patriots sign former defensive back Gunner Olszewski to bolster their wide receiver group

Gunner Olszewski - Wikipedia

Gunner Olszewski Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Gunner Olszewski: Career Stats at NFL.com

Gunner Olszewski #80 News, Stats, Photos - New England Patriots - NFL - MSN Sports

gunner olszewski height weight - Google Search

Height 6′ 1″, Weight 190 lbs

• HT/WT
    6' 0", 190 lbs
  • DOB
    11/26/1996 (22)
  • COLLEGE
    Bemidji State
  • STATUS
    Active

So maybe he is 6'1 in shoes. But I didn't make this up. All the above links list him at 6'0 or 6'1 and 190!

Troll

No. White played with Brady and in the Pats system. Bilal played with crap. I already said that White has excellent hands and strong football IQ but that may be because of how NE developed him. He doesn't have elite strength, athleticism or quickness IMO. Why are you trolling me. Go elsewhere. This is tiresome. IMO White is an average NFL player who developed into an excellent Patriots weapon and I like him a lot but he is not an elite talent like Edelman or Gronk was or Brown was and that is what the team needs to help TB and that was the crux of my initial post. Do you have a man crush on White? Why are you harping on this?

I'm not trolling you. I'm destroying your garbage statements. Why don't you go elsewhere so we don't have to put up with it?

The CRUX of your initial post, in the Bills thread, was that White and Michel were average. You implied that they really didn't bring anything to the offense and that the team would be better without them.

In both cases, you used zero facts to support your BS. And since then, you've been spinning away trying to claim that you've been right all along and not ridiculously wrong.

You've gone from saying that Vereen was better than White (which was false) to trying to compare White to Bilal Powell because some ridiculous website told you so. The fact you can't see how White and Powell are two completely different players and yet you hang your hat on that website show how irrational you are.

You clearly don't like someone confronting you about your BS. You clearly think everyone should just take what you say at face value and not look into it. And you definitely can't admit to being wrong.

You don't like it, you have the option not to post here. Otherwise, you should expect to be taken to task for such ridiculous statements. (BTW, it's not lost on me that you've changed your tune from the Bills thread to your reply to maust but still pretending like that is what you meant all along).

Gunner Olszewski #80 News, Stats, Photos - New England Patriots - NFL - MSN Sports

• HT/WT
    6' 0", 190 lbs
  • DOB
    11/26/1996 (22)
  • COLLEGE
    Bemidji State
  • STATUS
    Active

So maybe he is 6'1 in shoes. But I didn't make this up. All the above links list him at 6'0 or 6'1 and 190!

Troll

No way Gunner is 6'0 190 -- he makes Edelman look like the Hulk.

There's a long history in the NFL of exaggeration of listed physical attributes of smaller players like this. Does anyone know why teams do this? Do agents write it into contracts? It would also appear that very heavy players are also listed at lesser weights, so maybe it's agreement between the team and the player that will achieve the listed dimensions...

• HT/WT
    6' 0", 190 lbs
  • DOB
    11/26/1996 (22)
  • COLLEGE
    Bemidji State
  • STATUS
    Active

Troll

The only numbers that count are the Combine or Pro-Day numbers. Those are the accurate ones.

Colleges regularly lie on rosters about the heights and weights of players. You'd know that if you followed the Draft process at all.

Pro Football rosters almost never have the correct heights and weights of players.

No where did I accuse you of making up the height/weight. I just said it was wrong. And it is.

Instead of throwing a temper tantrum because someone called you out for an erroneous statement, you should use the sources they give you and try and learn something. But that would me having to admit to being wrong. Something you've shown yourself incapable of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft