PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess who draft pick Wilhite's agent is

Status
Not open for further replies.

smg93

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Jason Chayut. Name not familiar? See: Branch, Deion.

Re: Guess who draft pick Wilhite's agent is.

what has that got to do with anything?.

is this a statement of fact or you are implying something i do not get.

It is a statement of fact...

Another fact is that Deion didn't exactly leave town quietly.

It's a rookie contract. It's not like he can negotiate it for 30 million. It's no big deal and Branch pushed that situation at the time. The agent just did what he was told to do.

I think the Pats have learned a bit since Deion's tantrums..

There has always been some bizarre belief on this board that agents are usually driving the poor Patriot players to do something they don't want.

Deion's agent was doing exactly what Deion wanted.
Ty Law's agent also always did exactly what Ty wanted.

Well there is or was a lot of bad blood between the Pats and Chayut. Branch and Chayut alleged that the Pats were willing to give Branch what he wanted if he dumped Chayut and there was a lot of stories out there that people around Branch felt Chayut was giving him really bad advice. But Chayut got what he wanted and probably helped his cred by not backing down with the Pats and getting Branch what he wanted.

With a rookie contract especially outside the first round, I don't think there is a whole heck of a lot Chayut can do to fight the Pats on a deal. He could give Wilhite the same stupid advice that Drew Rosenhaus gave Guss Scott and tell him to sign the one year minimum tender and try to renegotiate a deal next year. But how did that work out for Scott. He is out of football with a lot less money than what he would have made if he had made the deal in the first place. And Scott was arguing about something that is moot now - number of years in the contract.

Hey, if freakin' Wilhite can become even close to what Deion became that allowed him and Chayut to strong-arm their way out of town 5 years down the line...I'll take it. My guess - Wilhite is cut within three years.

Hey, if freakin' Wilhite can become even close to what Deion became that allowed him and Chayut to strong-arm their way out of town 5 years down the line...I'll take it. My guess - Wilhite is cut within three years.

Now I am not saying he will be as successful as Branch but why the lack of Faith?

Everything I have read on this kid has me optimistic and couple that with the Fact the Pats front office has been great at Drafting CBs and especially in the Mid rounds.

Now I am not saying he will be as successful as Branch but why the lack of Faith?

Everything I have read on this kid has me optimistic and couple that with the Fact the Pats front office has been great at Drafting CBs and especially in the Mid rounds.

I'm neither overly optimistic nor pessimistic, but tough to question his viewpoint when last year's 4th round pick was cut mid-season.

It's a point, but the Patriots don't really take chances.

With all the ways they could have gone cornerback after round two, I'm assuming they feel they have an understanding with him. Sometimes understanding develops through conflict.

There have been agents they don't want to deal with and certainly wouldn't for a 4th which is a roll of the dice.

If it were Mayo I wouldn't be thrilled. But there's not a lot of maneuverability for a 4th round pick. This will almost certainly be a non issue.

Well, even if Wilhite does become a much sought after player four or five years down the road, there is no guarantee that Chayut will be his agent then. Many players dump their rookie agent for another one.

I'm neither overly optimistic nor pessimistic, but tough to question his viewpoint when last year's 4th round pick was cut mid-season.

No its not tough to argue when the Last CB drafted in the 4th round by this team just signed a megamillion dollar deal and when arguably the best corner on this team was a third rd pick and when another solid FA loss was a Undrafted FA who started in a SB for us.

This teams success at drafting Corners speaks for it self. and is too good for me to give up on a player just because we have less room for rookies than most teams and cut a 4th rounder last year.

Hey, if freakin' Wilhite can become even close to what Deion became that allowed him and Chayut to strong-arm their way out of town 5 years down the line...I'll take it.
Yep - his second contract is the least of my concerns right now. He needs to see if he can even get on the field before we think about 4 years from now.

No its not tough to argue when the Last CB drafted in the 4th round by this team just signed a megamillion dollar deal and when arguably the best corner on this team was a third rd pick and when another solid FA loss was a Undrafted FA who started in a SB for us.

This teams success at drafting Corners speaks for it self. and is too good for me to give up on a player just because we have less room for rookies than most teams and cut a 4th rounder last year.

Yeah Samuel was a 4th rounder, Hobbs was a 3rd rounder, and Gay was undrafted.

We have also put people with names of Earthland Mooreland, Hank Poteat, and Troy Brown playing defensive back in the playoffs for us.

I agree.
Branch = Receiver
Wilhite = Special Teamer

If Wilhite shoots his way out of town and the Patriots get a #1 in trade, cool. If Wilhite runs back 16 kicks for TDs he might have the leverage Branch did. (I said "might.":))

Wait a minute, am I confusing him with another rookie?

Last edited:
Guys,

What are we arguing about? Deion did the Patriots a favour. Yes, that's what I said, a favour. What has he done in Seattle? We got a 1st round pick out of the deal and he can't stay on the field. The Patriots knew what they had and they didn't want to invest that much money in a fragile player.

Another thing, if Branch is still here do we go after Moss and Welker? I don't think that at least one of those guys is in a Pats uniform right now. I'll take either of those guys over Branch. If you put a gun to Brady's head, he would tell you the same thing as well.

Yeah Samuel was a 4th rounder, Hobbs was a 3rd rounder, and Gay was undrafted.

We have also put people with names of Earthland Mooreland, Hank Poteat, and Troy Brown playing defensive back in the playoffs for us.

and how did they perform....so not only is the front office good at finding mid round CBs and making them starters but they are good at finding street free agents too. Not exactly helping the guys case who was saying Wilhite will be gone in 3 years.

I don't think we can pass judgement on Wilhite either way. Guys, I know it's the dead part of the offseason right now but come on... training camp hasn't even started yet and the guy is a rookie. I hope he does us well (along with Wheatley) but I simply cannot pass judgement on either of them at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back