PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski narrowly misses out on $2 million bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's either gonna get All Pro or the Pats will amend his deal.

He'll get his money

he already got some of his money. They already amended his deal to give him a chance at all this extra money, i don't expect them to bend even more for 2 million, thats money thats needed elsewhere.

he already got some of his money. They already amended his deal to give him a chance at all this extra money, i don't expect them to bend even more for 2 million, thats money thats needed elsewhere.
I do. They held him back yesterday.

I do. They held him back yesterday.
But can he really argue. If didn't go all Super Fly Jimmy Snooka from the top ropes and get suspended he probably hits his incentives.

I think there's a good chance he's all pro and if not a chance we give it to him anyway to keep him happy. But if he doesn't get it he doesn't have much to stand on.

But can he really argue. If didn't go all Super Fly Jimmy Snooka from the top ropes and get suspended he probably hits his incentives.

I think there's a good chance he's all pro and if not a chance we give it to him anyway to keep him happy. But if he doesn't get it he doesn't have much to stand on.

I don't disagree with your premise. Hes had an MVP caliber year. I just think the Pats will do him a solid.

Mike Reiss (BSPN) kept it classy: A Rob Gronkowski rarity: No targets, no catches in win

SB Nation didn't: Rob Gronkowski got 0 targets to stay at 69 receptions for the season

Newsday ( Jets Q&A: Gronkowski had no catches? ) tells us that Darren Lee's was tasked with shutting down Gronk:
The Jets faced some talented tight ends in Gronkowski, Travis Kelce and Antonio Gates this season. “We got great tight ends [on the schedule],” linebacker Darron Lee said. “Did 87 make the stat sheet today? Zero catches, zero yards; that’s what I was asked to do and that’s all I do.”

Gronkowski had limited snaps in the second half. “That was coach’s decision,” Gronkowski said. “Coach’s decision is coach’s decision.”
It might help explain why Lewis and Bolden had some nice runs yesterday.

First team all pro slam dunk. Easily the best TE in the game and not really close. Total non-story and he will get all incentives.

its more important to go into the playoffs with Gronk hitting on all eight cylinders. If he copps an attitutude, which I doubt he will, they can smooth things over later.

Gronkowski's incentives were 3-tiered
Lowest - 1M
Middle - 3M
Top - 5.5M

Therefore, an AP All-Pro honor is worth $2.5M, not 2M.

Mike Reiss (BSPN) kept it classy: A Rob Gronkowski rarity: No targets, no catches in win

SB Nation didn't: Rob Gronkowski got 0 targets to stay at 69 receptions for the season

Newsday ( Jets Q&A: Gronkowski had no catches? ) tells us that Darren Lee's was tasked with shutting down Gronk:

It might help explain why Lewis and Bolden had some nice runs yesterday.
So it boils down to...

Jets player: "Did 87 do anything yesterday? Nope, zero catches. All me. I did that."

Media: "Gronk wasn't targeted all game long and played little to no snaps in the second half."

Jets player: "I deserve the credit for that."

He's either gonna get All Pro or the Pats will amend his deal.

He'll get his money
Agreed. Troy Brown said the same on the pregame show yesterday. He said Kraft has done it before and he'll do it again in this case. Brown was adamant about it. Of course, Felger said he doesn't deserve it because he got himself suspended for a game.

Agreed. Troy Brown said the same on the pregame show yesterday. He said Kraft has done it before and he'll do it again in this case. Brown was adamant about it. Of course, Felger said he doesn't deserve it because he got himself suspended for a game.

Of course Felger said that. Hes such a prick.

All this talk about sitting poor Gronk out and he missed his bonus is SUCH BS it's infuriating.

Do all these reporters even realize that the bonus scheme was not part of Gronk's contract but added at the start of the season as a goodwill gesture. That $5.5m was the max he could have earned but the $3.5m he's already earned was also not something the Pats had to pay him but just did it to make him happy. From Gronk's perspective it's all good, or should be.

On top of that Gronk's camp has repeatedly over the years indicated they'd like Gronk's health and body protected. So when a gameplan specifically does that, and even takes him out of the game by early 3rd Q, suddenly it's a drama on why Gronk's not in the game on meaningless snaps (besides his own incentive scheme).

On top of everything, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Gronk doesn't win All-Pro, so he'll still get the extra $2m anyway for $5.5m total........ ALL OF WHICH WAS A GOODWILL GESTURE.

Lets create drama where none exists. Pats media is so good at it. The Alex Guerrero story is dead. Need to find new BS to spew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes