PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski Likely Facing Penalty From NFL After Hit On Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
(to Lancer)
it's already viral...tomorrow will be apocalyptic when the media mongoloids get their shots in...

I expect murder comparisons tomorrow.

"So what if it's his first dirty play...blah blah blah.....you only have to murder someone once.....blah blah blah"

So Rodney can't have an opinion that is genuine? We give our guys who have retired that little credit, eh?

Separating the sarcasm from the honest opinions is getting hard in this thread.

Great post. If he gets a game suspension, no big deal. Take it, get through Miami and move on.

We can talk about the league screwing the Pats (in this specific case) if he gets any longer than a one game suspension.
Or longer than Trevathan's two before he appealed. If Gronk appealed that and lose then that would raise a bit of an eyebrow though.

Will say that Gronk's action directly lead to a concussion AND was when the play was over. With Trevathan's, the hit was during the play. So that would be one valid argument that Gronk's play was worse than Danny's.

I'm not gonna crucify Gronk and act like he's some scummy human being for committing one dirty play after 7 years of being in the NFL. All the idiots on social media saying the guy should get arrested for assault and suspended for the season are simply being holier than thou, acting as if one action entirely dictates a man's character.

That being said, he was definitely wrong on this one, and should probably get a game suspension.

Gotta also say a lot of fans in here are really showing their true tin foil hat form, and acting like if Gronk even gets a game, that it's everyone out trying to get he Patriots.

Just stop it. Gronk made a dirty play. There's a new precedent with plays that are in this nature. It is what it is.

but there ISN'T that precedent.....the precedent is that the league is ridiculously inconsistent......flacco slid head first, which is supposed to be a free ride.....alonso came from 4 steps away and lowered the boom on flacco's head, no ejection, no suspension...he got a 9k fine

there IS no precedent, and that's the problem

I was just looking at the replay. Whether it was deliberate or not, Gronk nailed him directly on the head. It wasn't just hitting him in the back and having his head bounce off the ground.
It's not worth it, man. I tried to argue across 10-15 posts that we should have integrity and decency as values on this team. The argument was "troll" or "But the Steelers...". And I guess I'm not a fan of the team because I actually want discipline to be enforced when it is warranted.

Not true at all. Great discourse here, for those capable of it.
Apparently you don’t understand what trolling is.
Next time you add “great discourse” let me know.

Not true at all. Great discourse here, for those capable of it.
As a Bills fan, what is the reaction of your fanbase? Are people okay with what Gronk did, slighly annoyed, or foaming at the mouth? I know if I were a Bills fan, I'd probably be going berserk.

Apparently you don’t understand what trolling is.
Next time you add “great discourse” let me know.
This feels like a troll comment. It doesn't add anything of value to the discourse and relies on vague attacks rather than examples. The scare quotes don't help Febreze the troll stink off the post, either.

Was it a dirty play yes - but you want to mess with a beast, there are consequences. I wouldn't go up to Mike Tyson and yell at his face, it is what it is
are you serious? No one messed with the "beast". A little guy pushed him during the play and held his jersey, then finally pushed off him to grab the INT. There should have been defensive pass interference called but nothing violent happened at all to Gronk. Football happened to Gronk. What Gronk did to the DB after the play was not football.

This feels like a troll comment. It doesn't add anything of value to the discourse and relies on vague attacks rather than examples. The scare quotes don't help Febreze the troll stink off the post, either.
Actually it does add something, it refutes his ridiculous claim that he is being trolled on a patriot board. The quotes were intended as humor because he hasn’t added a thing.
A bills fan trolling on a patriot board asks for such a response.

Tiu in the other hand are trolling patriot fans and coming to the defense of bills fans. I think you need to chug that febreeze.

It's not worth it, man. I tried to argue across 10-15 posts that we should have integrity and decency as values on this team. The argument was "troll" or "But the Steelers...". And I guess I'm not a fan of the team because I actually want discipline to be enforced when it is warranted.
Gronk deserves some serious **** for that hit.

but there ISN'T that precedent.....the precedent is that the league is ridiculously inconsistent......flacco slid head first, which is supposed to be a free ride.....alonso came from 4 steps away and lowered the boom on flacco's head, no ejection, no suspension...he got a 9k fine

there IS no precedent, and that's the problem
I don't disagree with you that there is a big precedent issue.

But will say on the Flacco play, while the hit was bad, it was partially Flacco's fault for sliding wayyy too late and hesitating.

But yeah, Alonso only getting a small fine was a bit iffy.

Bad refs didn't make Gronk get in a dirty hit. He was dumb that play. And he should learn from his mistake rather than have fans play excuse bingo.

I didn't say anything about the degree of blame Gronk deserves. You over-read my posting to include it all by yourself - so pat yourself on the back for your excellent excuse bingo card.

My comment was directed solely to the ineffective refs. I was very glad to see that no one got hurt, because this felt like that type of game.

are you serious? No one messed with the "beast". A little guy pushed him during the play and held his jersey, then finally pushed off him to grab the INT. There should have been defensive pass interference called but nothing violent happened at all to Gronk. Football happened to Gronk. What Gronk did to the DB after the play was not football.
It was actually very Patriots-like and something this team has, in the past, prided themselves on: Nothing wrong with a little contact in the defensive backfield and if the refs aren't calling it, then just keep doing it.

But will say on the Flacco play, while the hit was bad, it was partially Flacco's fault for sliding wayyy too late and hesitating.

the moment he slid the play was over, and alonso came from 4 steps and targeted the head, no attempt to pull up

i posted this in the wrong thread, so excuse the double post:

and on the subject of the Alonso play....that was worse than this.....Gronk was a player losing control at the end of a frustrating play.....that's happened in the NFL since time began

the Alonso play went against all the rule changes the NFL has made to protect players.....they put in the slide rule (flacco was down the moment he started a feet first slide) and he targeted the head (multiple rules put into place against this now)

alonso came in from 4 steps away and lowered the boom on a QB that had started a slide and given himself up....he was essentially down

broke multiple rules designed to protect players......and received a 9k fine......mostly because the ravens and dolphins aren't relevant....there was little media outcry outside miami and baltimore.....there was a little media attention, briefly, but no real ESPN drama over the non-suspension

gronk was dumb, gronk was wrong.....he was flagged, could/should have been ejected....and should be fined

if he IS suspended, where is the consistency? how can the NFL even claim to evenly enforced their rules at this point (sarcasm, we know they don't)

flacco slid feet first....he's done right there.....he had no blame there

flacco slid feet first....he's done right there.....he had no blame there
It was right at the first down marker. Flacco acted indecisive as to whether he was going to go for the first or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back