PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski Likely Facing Penalty From NFL After Hit On Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably true. But let's see what happens after a few days of ESPN and talk radio whipping the nation into a fury.
Add NBC to that as well. Both Dungy and Harrison claimed it was definitely worth a suspension. Complete nonsense.

"No question about it" says Rodney, this very moment, in regards to suspending Gronk. The Patriot great must be a troll, y'all.

has the NFL ever reduced a one game suspension to just a fine?

that would be their best out here......one game suspension reduced to a fine, but the danger of appealing a one game suspension (miami) that does not get reduced would lead to missing the Pitt game....

Add NBC to that as well. Both Dungy and Harrison claimed it was definitely worth a suspension. Complete nonsense.
Or playing dirty is playing dirty. Gronk isn't a dirty player, but he made a mistake. Let's look at it as a mistake and move forward.

If that's the case, Gronk could be done 2-3 games.
Josh Brown got one game for pummeling his wife after breaking down her hotel door, requiring intervention from NFL security. And that was after multiple, prior, documented, similar offenses against the same woman.

Should be a fine but he'll get 1 game because he's a PAT.

If they suspend him for one game, then maybe he can get some rest and be a beast against Pittsburgh. We need a full squad against Pittsburgh. It would be a travesty by the NFL if they suspended him though, I’ve seen much worse, but it’s out of our control. Technically it should only be a fine.

It’s funny reading the Jills message board, they are all wishing death on Gronk. Gronk finally got some revenge on all the bastards trying to take out his knees all these years. Don’t like that kind of play, kinda dumb by Gronk, but what’s done is done, and I can’t see Gronk doing that again, especially after Belichick scolds him (which I’m pretty certain will happen).

You poor simp. Just look at what happened in the context of what he did. His past has nothing to do with it. He smashed a player in the head with his elbow...WWF style.

If a opposing player had done that to Gronk, what would your take be?

actually rodney has a history of coming out against the patriots......it is his way of proving he's an 'objective' member of the media
So, just to make sure I'm hearing you right: you're calling Rodney a troll. Because I don't know how to read your post, otherwise.

Gronk's hit is not a suspension, if you're going to hold and play dirty against him you have to pay the consequences. The Bills learned a valuable lesson to me.

If Gronk gets a suspension, then i hope Kraft decides to stand up and go after Goodell for the anti-Patriot bias

I personally saw posts that claimed Gronk shouldn't face a penalty because of x, y, z example. If that isn't defending the action, I don't know what is. I am merely arguing that Gronk's decision should have a consequence. Not for the good of the Bills or Roger Goodell, but because it can help Gronk to remember not to make a similar mistake in the playoffs. I've said that repeatedly and been called a troll each time. It is absurd the level of homerism on here. We can't even discuss the pros/cons of such matters without labeling legitimate fans trolls. It's sad.
No one is defending the action - there is a difference of opinion on what the punishment should be. Where you are insane is saying this is going to lead him possibly being cut or gotten rid of. He does not have a history of this. And he is the best TE in the history of the game. That little detail actually does matter.

So, just to make sure I'm hearing you right: you're calling Rodney a troll. Because I don't know how to read your post, otherwise.

no, i am saying rodney has a history of going out of his way to prove he isn't a ex-Pats homer.....between that and rodney's personal history, he really doesn't have much credibility here

He should get a fine. What's more ridiculous is the non calls against him. He gets held most of the time.

Should be a fine but he'll get 1 game because he's a PAT.

IDK.. It was to the back of the head. I won't say he should get a fine over a suspension for sure. I will say if it wasn't a Patriot I could see a first time offense like this going any way. Cause he is a Patriots it for sure will be a suspension.

You poor simp. Just look at what happened in the context of what he did. His past has nothing to do with it. He smashed a player in the head with his elbow...WWF style.

If a opposing player had done that to Gronk, what would your take be?

hey..symmetry! Just like YOUR life as a Barfalo cretin..except YOU have been getting SMASHEED IN YOUR STUPID FACE for sixteen straight years...no wonder you're incensed.

I expect Gronk to get suspended. and because it's the patriots, I expect it to be a 2 game suspension. It wouldn't surprise me if they suspend Gronk 4 games though because it's the patriots.

My rationale is that Gronk is an emotional guy who Belichick and Brady have helped to keep focused over the years. A situation like this one, as well as the Brown incident a few years back, suggest he can sometimes let his emotions run away with him. When emotions run rampant, that's called the Cincinnati Bengals. I just am advocating a minor disciplinary action against him. If we can't beat the Dolphins without Gronk, we're in trouble against the Steelers, anyway.
...the Brown incident a few years back? I guess he let's his emotions run away with him a lot then No wonder you're scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back